Should a new Disney World Racing game be made?

Silver Figment

Original Poster
I've been playing a lot of Mario Kart 8 on the Wii U recently and it got me thinking. A long time ago I had a Disney World racing game for the Gameboy Color and I played it all the time. Even back in the day I loved WDW. The game was also on the Playstation. I played it for that system as well because a friend of mine had it and it had much better controls and graphics. Here is a link for more info on the game http://disney.wikia.com/wiki/Walt_Disney_World_Quest:_Magical_Racing_Tour . The game had several race courses themed to different DW attractions and I still think that's a great concept.

I guess my question is, would you guys want to see a newer version of this kind of game made? Mario Kart 8 had amazing HD graphics, just imagine how great this game could look. How fun would it be to be able to race through your favorite DW attractions. They could include Disney characters from the attractions to play as and attraction vehicles to race in. Just imagination racing as say Figment in the CTX rover through Space Mountain. I would love if there was a new WDW racing game made. What are your thoughts on the subject?

Last edited:

mousehockey37

If you want to model a racing game off of anything Disney, go for Test Track. Incorporate the making of your own vehicle complete with all the tech spec comparisons and stuff. It can be for anyone to play. Have simple pre-loaded cars or customize your own down to the last detail. You could have the TT facility (new and old) to test your car, then take it out on the Tomorrowland Speedway, or to the Richard Petty Driving Experience track... Maybe do some freestyle at the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show... For a real twist, head to DCA and put your car up against Lightning McQueen on the Radiator Springs Racer course...

You don't need turtle shells and power-ups...

You could include a build your own course that you could race down Main St. or have a challenge of racing "Around the World" in a series of races through the countries in EPCOT, culminating in a final showdown (rivaling that of Rainbow Road) in the world of TRON.

Just some ideas.

Bparso87

If you want to model a racing game off of anything Disney, go for Test Track. Incorporate the making of your own vehicle complete with all the tech spec comparisons and stuff. It can be for anyone to play. Have simple pre-loaded cars or customize your own down to the last detail. You could have the TT facility (new and old) to test your car, then take it out on the Tomorrowland Speedway, or to the Richard Petty Driving Experience track... Maybe do some freestyle at the Lights, Motors, Action Stunt Show... For a real twist, head to DCA and put your car up against Lightning McQueen on the Radiator Springs Racer course...

You don't need turtle shells and power-ups...

You could include a build your own course that you could race down Main St. or have a challenge of racing "Around the World" in a series of races through the countries in EPCOT, culminating in a final showdown (rivaling that of Rainbow Road) in the world of TRON.

Just some ideas.
Like the ideas if they could make a good game like that kinda inspired on forza then would be good. I just hate the retreads of Mario cart knock offs.

mousehockey37

Like the ideas if they could make a good game like that kinda inspired on forza then would be good. I just hate the retreads of Mario cart knock offs.

A neat game for the kids would be partnering with Matchbox and making a racing game of the little cars they already sell in the parks. Have them hire pit crews of Disney characters and such.

For the big kids, yeah, Need For Speed Disney edition, lol. Just think, it could have levels where there are refurbishment walls and everything!!!! LOL. Racing sponsors could be things throughout the parks, etc. OR Disney Grand Auto... Only it wouldn't be violent. You'd have to follow a storyline that twists and turns and has objectives to meet along the way. Include the villians, play as them or the heroes, but just beware of hitchhiking ghosts...

Bparso87

A neat game for the kids would be partnering with Matchbox and making a racing game of the little cars they already sell in the parks. Have them hire pit crews of Disney characters and such.

For the big kids, yeah, Need For Speed Disney edition, lol. Just think, it could have levels where there are refurbishment walls and everything!!!! LOL. Racing sponsors could be things throughout the parks, etc. OR Disney Grand Auto... Only it wouldn't be violent. You'd have to follow a storyline that twists and turns and has objectives to meet along the way. Include the villians, play as them or the heroes, but just beware of hitchhiking ghosts...
You just made my day with beware of hitchhiking ghost lol.

mousehockey37

You just made my day with beware of hitchhiking ghost lol.
:D

There could be a level where you have to pilot the monorails... the objective... spreading rumors... or hearing them and having to choose what you believe is true, ya know, after you hear from the bus drivers... just hope you don't wind up with a broken track and a big old disco Yeti coming after you...

Bparso87

:D

There could be a level where you have to pilot the monorails... the objective... spreading rumors... or hearing them and having to choose what you believe is true, ya know, after you hear from the bus drivers... just hope you don't wind up with a broken track and a big old disco Yeti coming after you...
Sounds good they can have a DLC where u r a bus driver and do the same thing as the monorail pilot. R u can race around MK in rental scooters.

mousehockey37

Sounds good they can have a DLC where u r a bus driver and do the same thing as the monorail pilot. R u can race around MK in rental scooters.

OMG!!!! The game could have a secret level... The Great Chase... Drinking Around the World on Scooters!!!! Objective, successfully drink X amount in each country, with impairment on, so you get "drunker" as you go.. Keep a handle on your scooter so you don't fall in the lagoon, and race out the International Gateway without being caught by Security....

Perfect secret level!!!!

mousehockey37

A Frontierland Challenge level could be having to see how many "leashed kids" you can catch in 60 seconds.
A Tomorrowland Challenge could be ION Blasting Strollers with Stitch

Bparso87

A Frontierland Challenge level could be having to see how many "leashed kids" you can catch in 60 seconds.
A Tomorrowland Challenge could be ION Blasting Strollers with Stitch
Then you can try to knock down a whole Brazilian tour group or have a dark ride setting where ppl use flash photography and blind u for a couple seconds.

mousehockey37

Then you can try to knock down a whole Brazilian tour group or have a dark ride setting where ppl use flash photography and blind u for a couple seconds.

That be on the Black Pearl.... You fire the cannon's in a race to save the rum and restore order on the high seas on Pirates of the Caribbean mate!

mousehockey37

I would definitely love to see a new magical raceway game on the next gen consoles. But that disney GTA that @mousehockey37 and @Bparso87 are created sounds even better! Haha

Oh yeah. It'd be a fun game. You could have things come alive during the game, like the Trolls in Norway, Hockey players in Canada, Gondolas (sublevel challenge) in Italy, etc... All from on your scooter as you're trying to Drink Around the World...

There could be a pool hopping challenge where you have to race the monorails to the resorts and see how many pools you can hop to before getting caught, and as you go through, you can earn DVC points or something or work up towards owning more of WDW in the game.

erasure fan1

The game was also on the Playstation. I played it for that system as well because a friend of mine had it and it had much better controls and graphics.
I still have a copy and it really doesn't hold up very well. I wouldn't mind seeing a reboot as long as it was all famous characters and not the lame group that was in the original. The only good racers were chip & dale and jiminy cricket. The best Mario Kart clone from that time was muppet race mania. It had all the best muppets, with tracks from all the movies up to that point.

Cmdr_Crimson

I have all 4 versions of the game
PC
PS1
Dreamcast
and the Comically bizzare Game Boy Color Version..

Only one thing was interesting about that version was hearing 8 bit songs of Grim Grinning Ghost, Yo Ho (Pirate's Life), And Test Track Theme..

If they made one....I would go with something along the lines of....
kingdom_karts_by_brandokay.jpg

champdisney

A next-gen reimagining of WDW Quest would be awesome. I would focus the game around Phineas and Ferb and it's characters.

"Phineas and Ferb go on the greatest summer vacation ever! As the entire cast visits Walt Disney World to celebrate the magic and enjoy all the fun. Beware! Dr. Doofenshmirtz has also decided to take a vacation with his daughter Vanessa but he hides a secret plan. A plan to snatch every Mouse Ear on the resort with his evil... Mouse-Ear-inator? Though, things get out of hand and Dr. Doof accidently zaps Mickey's own famous ears! Agent P is on the case as he recruits Phineas, Ferb, Candace, Baljeet, Buford, Jeremy, Isabella and her Fireside Girls as they custom make they're race karts inside Innovations. After that they participate in a practice course on the Richard Petty Driving Experience and from there... It's off to the parks! Players will race in all four parks in famous attractions including Pirates of the Caribbean, The Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain, The Seven Dwarfs Mine Train, Big Thunder Mountain, Rock N' Rollercoaster, Star Tours, Toy Story Mania, Spaceship Earth, Test Track, Journey into Imagination, Expedition Everest, Dinosaur, Rafiki Planet Watch. In the attractions is a world in itself with the characters coming to life. Your mission is to restore every missing Mouse Ear around the parks and return them back to the children of It's A Small World and of course reverse the evil Mouse-Ear-inator so that Mickey has his ears back!"

erasure fan1

I would actually prefer the tracks not being rides. I would rather they just build a digital 1 to 1 model of each of the parks (water parks and downtown Disney included) and then the parks can then be sectioned off for different tracks. You could have a track editor that allows you to make a track through any part or parts of the parks you want. Shortcuts would be all over the place, the better you know the parks the better your advantage. Some of the resorts could make cool bonus tracks as well. Don't forget the DLC, new tracks in DisneyLand, Disney sea, Shanghai...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom