Rumor: Disney World Indiana Jones Show Closing To Make Room For Star Wars

tk924

Original Poster
http://popwrapped.com/2014/06/14/br...acular-confirmed-to-close-at-the-end-of-2014/

Hot on the heels of the rumors, announcement, and statement from Disney/FreemantleMedia regarding the closing of the American Idol Experience, it is with sadness that I have also confirmed through sources close to the project that Disney will be closing the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at the end of 2014.Both closures will create the necessary room for several major Star Wars additions coming to Disney’s Hollywood Studios, with construction set to begin in the spring of 2015. Formal announcements from Disney, with specific details regarding the new attractions, are expected in the coming weeks/months.

Sources tell me the attractions will fill the entire Echo Lake corner area of the park, as well as expanding into other areas of the park. My source, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, said “the Indiana Jones Stunt show was never intended to last more than 3-5 years, and has been on the chopping block several times in the past. Disney is looking to capitalize on its acquisition of the Star Wars franchise, and given the fact that the stunt show is so dated, and the American Idol franchise is rapidly dying, it made the most sense to use that space for something fresh.”

What do you think of the news? Will you visit the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular before it closes? My suggestion: get there sooner rather than later! Summer/Holiday traffic is a nightmare to navigate, and die-hard fans are sure to pour in toward the end of the show’s run.

Interesting. Very interesting.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
With the closure of Am Idol and now possibly Indy, it make sense that it would be for Star Wars.
Not really. Idol has simply ran its course. The contract with Fremantle expires in Jan, and it makes sense to end it then. Of course, if Indy were confirmed to be leaving, that would change things. But for the moment, a closure of Idol means nothing. The space sat empty for years, and could continue to do so come Jan 2015.

Last edited:

CJR

I'm not sure what to think, in regards to Indy closing. I think it's inevitable to happen at some point, but it seems odd that they would remove the only full Indy-presence in Orlando (GMR isn't entirely devoted to Indy) without adding it some place else. I suppose they can always toss the whips and hats into a normal general store, but it seems like a missed opportunity to me. Indy is still loved by many.

On the other hand, I'm excited for just about anything new coming to DHS, the park needs it more than any other.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom