New Film for Soarin' and Potential 3rd Theater

Kman101

Soarin' for Epcot hasn't been officially announced so I couldn't see them saying it's for that. I doubt EPCOT will show up in Shanghai's version. I guess it could but I doubt it. So it makes sense they'd say it's for promotional purposes.

PhotoDave219

I see the flyer says this is for promotional footage. I can't see how they could legitimately say that if the flyover is for Soarin'.

I cant remember the last time they had helicopter flyovers for general filming.

That being said, Steve thinks its legit and he has really good sources. And a new film has been rumored since ... 2006-ish?

So I'll believe it when its announced but not shocked. Tho I dont think it needs a new film - perfect the way it is IMO.

msteel

I cant remember the last time they had helicopter flyovers for general filming.

That being said, Steve thinks its legit and he has really good sources. And a new film has been rumored since ... 2006-ish?

So I'll believe it when its announced but not shocked. Tho I dont think it needs a new film - perfect the way it is IMO.
It appears that the recent helicopter flight in MK was used for promo footage for Seven Dwarfs mine train. But of course, they could have been doing two things on one flight as well, so that might be the case here too.

It's a flyer from a hotel, not a tax form. :rolleyes:
And if they are doing as much as one frame of promo material, I guess it isn't a lie to say they are doing that.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
It appears that the recent helicopter flight in MK was used for promo footage for Seven Dwarfs mine train. But of course, they could have been doing two things on one flight as well, so that might be the case here too.

And if they are doing as much as one frame of promo material, I guess it isn't a lie to say they are doing that.
They also flew over Epcot during that time - it was more than just Mine Train.

Captain Chaos

So, the rumor is the new Soarin film will be Soarin Over the World? And they are filming at Epcot? Ok, so we visit Mexico, China, Norway, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, Canada, France, USA, Morocco... And they didn't even have to leave the country to film it!!! Save on money!!! Yes, the Disney way!!!

Of course I'm kidding here... Sounds like maybe we'll actually wind up flying over and into Epcot.. Makes sense since we are, you know, in Epcot... A real take off from The Land... Fly over the world... Fly back to WDW, over the MK, and finally end with landing back in Epcot... Possibly? Maybe?

ToTBellHop

So, the rumor is the new Soarin film will be Soarin Over the World? And they are filming at Epcot? Ok, so we visit Mexico, China, Norway, Germany, Italy, Japan, UK, Canada, France, USA, Morocco... And they didn't even have to leave the country to film it!!! Save on money!!! Yes, the Disney way!!!

Of course I'm kidding here... Sounds like maybe we'll actually wind up flying over and into Epcot.. Makes sense since we are, you know, in Epcot... A real take off from The Land... Fly over the world... Fly back to WDW, over the MK, and finally end with landing back in Epcot... Possibly? Maybe?
Actually, to save money and improve ride capacity, Soarin will become Soarin' over World Showcase and will feature a 45-second ride over each of the World Showcase countries with a climactic emergency water landing in the Fountain of Nations smack dab in the center of Project Kaleidoscope.

Rob562

Well there *is* a helipad out behind the Land pavilion... ;-)

-Rob

The Visionary Soul

Actually, to save money and improve ride capacity, Soarin will become Soarin' over World Showcase and will feature a 45-second ride over each of the World Showcase countries with a climactic emergency water landing in the Fountain of Nations smack dab in the center of Project Kaleidoscope.
You forgot about Bob Iger hitting a giant golf ball in the background.

Captain Chaos

Well there *is* a helipad out behind the Land pavilion... ;-)

-Rob
there ya go... makes perfect sense!!! And it does complete the attraction from a beginning to an end instead of abruptly starting you off above the clouds... Well, where the hell was take off!!! LOL...

prberk

I always thought that they should have filmed a different film for EPCOT's Soarin' from the California version, for this very reason. It made no sense that it fly back into Disneyland... and, no, the "gift from California" marketing ploy for Soarin' (and other additiions, uh, er... duplications of rides from other parks) was not a favorite campaign of mine...

DisneyGentleman

Yep, and the 4D version will have scents of alcohol and vomit.

prberk

You know, while they are at this, they need to film a new project for the Imagination Institute. Not to mention a new film for China, Canada, or France... Those would be ways to freshen up the whole park at a reasonable cost.

But wait -- that makes sense.

DisneyFreak23

Sounds excellent and more fitting for ECOTT than flying over CA! Busch Gardens Williamsburg has something like this where you start at the exact spot your in and fly around the world and then return where you started.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom