Worst Attraction at WDW

Redsky89

I hated the Narnia thing at Hollywood Studios. But since that isn't there anymore I'd have to say the Speedway at Tommorowland along with everyone else. Now if the karts went 45mph...I'd be sold...

Dj Corona

Just a few thoughts, so here goes......
A) count me in as one of those people who will NEVER understand the attraction for Test Track, especially for the extremely long wait times to ride it, and for the same reasons anyone else has already mentioned.
B) I do agree that while the Speedway is an eyesore, and a theme-destroyer, it is a ride meant for the little ones, and their first chance to ever "drive" a car. While it always seems to have one of the longest lines, a "Cars" overlay, or some kind of enhancement wouldn't be a terrible idea.
C) As far as the Stitch hatred goes, start by blaming dumb parents who ignored the warning signs and still took their kids into something with the name ExtraTERRORestrial Alien Encounter, I mean, Hello?....it had the word "terror" right in the name. I assume these are the same people that went to guest relations and griped about how a ride that inspired a trilogy of movies had no Johnny Depp in it, and now we're stuck with this constantly updated but half-assed version of that ride years later, (yeah, looking at you POTC!) You can't exactly blame Disney for trying to capitalize on Stitch's popularity at the time, and trying to make the most out of it.
D) Captain EO was a movie that came out in 1986, not only was it outdated when it was re-introduced in 2010, it also stars a man, despite what you think of his music, is widely regarded as a pedophile to most people, and that is just CREEPY, having anything to do with Disney.
And lastly, audio issues and maybe attendance issues aside, there's nothing wrong with The Country Bears, It's Tough to Be a Bug is always fun (if anything, the crowd's reactions), and "New Fantasyland" is underwhelming to say the least, and I really doubt a mine coaster will do much to change that. I'm not too keen on the idea of "Avatarland", either!
I don't mean to offend, or sound like I'm up on a soapbox, I know there's a lot of nice and passionate people on these boards, these are just my observations!

Matt_Black

D) Captain EO was a movie that came out in 1986, not only was it outdated when it was re-introduced in 2010, it also stars a man, despite what you think of his music, is widely regarded as a pedophile to most people, and that is just CREEPY, having anything to do with Disney.

Except he was acquitted, and further evidence shows that the initial allegations were fabricated to extort money from him.

Spike-in-Berlin

I don't consider Soarin' the worst WDW attraction, but I'm not a huge fan.

I have to confess that I cannot fathom how anyone could consider Soarin' (SOARIN' for gods sake) a bad attraction, not to talk about being the worst attraction. Especially with so many outdated or just plain bad rides (the new JII was NEVER good) and shows existing at the moment in EPCOT and beyond.

Goofyernmost

Except he was acquitted, and further evidence shows that the initial allegations were fabricated to extort money from him.
Acquitted or not, he DID and admitted to some pretty creepy things with kids. Just because they couldn't make that one charge stick doesn't mean that there wasn't a reason to be concerned. Certainly enough reason with his own words to feel that his presence in Disney is nothing more then Disney taking advantage of his death to recycle something that couldn't hold it's own even when it was fairly new. Pure and simple nostalgic exploitation. When they did that my respect for the Disney Company reduce by quite a few points.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Acquitted or not, he DID and admitted to some pretty creepy things with kids. Just because they couldn't make that one charge stick doesn't mean that there wasn't a reason to be concerned. Certainly enough reason with his own words to feel that his presence in Disney is nothing more then Disney taking advantage of his death to recycle something that couldn't hold it's own even when it was fairly new. Pure and simple nostalgic exploitation. When they did that my respect for the Disney Company reduce by quite a few points.
I agree, it was a money grab to exploit his death... very distasteful

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Captain EO attracts guests to Epcot?

Goofyernmost

Captain EO attracts guests to Epcot?
It did, briefly, shortly after his death. That combined with nostalgia and merchandise sales. It was a convenient way to pull out HISTA since it was in that theater before HISTA. Someday, (yea right), they might hire someone with enough imagination and motivation to put something worthwhile in those locations. I had read someplace that it was a bigger draw in California then in Florida.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
It did, briefly, shortly after his death. That combined with nostalgia and merchandise sales. It was a convenient way to pull out HISTA since it was in that theater before HISTA. Someday, (yea right), they might hire someone with enough imagination and motivation to put something worthwhile in those locations. I had read someplace that it was a bigger draw in California then in Florida.

You are telling me that attendance jumped at Epcot for more than 1 day (the day it re-opened)? Do you have these figures?

Goofyernmost

You are telling me that attendance jumped at Epcot for more than 1 day (the day it re-opened)? Do you have these figures?
No, just what I suspect due to the nature of the situation. Do you have the figures that say they didn't? What point are you trying to make? I'm not following you based on your question and statement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom