You're the New CEO of Disney: What Project Do You Greenlight?

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
You are the CEO of Disney and you can give the order to complete a major project without worrying about money or shareholders. It can be as big as opening an entirely new park (give details), greenlighting an expansion with multiple attractions, or refurbishment of an attraction or even an entire theme park. Whatever you want, but it has to be one main "project" localized to one of the Disney theme parks or areas and not something ridiculous like,"start over."

I would completely restore EPCOT to its former glory by adding 3 more innovative and exciting new E-Ticket attractions in a new expanded area called Future State. This would basically restore Future World to truly be a vision of the future. I'd restore Horizons, World of Motion, and Journey into imagination to their original glory while updating their technology, message, and music to bring it up to the times. Spaceship Earth would be completely renovated (not changed, more like refurbished with the same theme and omnimover track) with Irons back as the narrator.

EPCOT would truly be a vision of tomorrow when my project of "EPCOT 2.0" is completed.

What would you do?

Last edited:

Zweiland

I like your idea OP. While I'm all for adding a new park, especially because of the capacity issues, I know that it would be "spreading it thin" in a sense to do so because all 4 existing parks are in dire need of updates. So if I were the CEO, a Future World expansion would be the project I would greenlight as well.

Chef Mickey

Original Poster
I like your idea OP. While I'm all for adding a new park, especially because of the capacity issues, I know that it would be "spreading it thin" in a sense to do so because all 4 existing parks are in dire need of updates. So if I were the CEO, a Future World expansion would be the project I would greenlight as well.
Totally my thought process. I didn't want a whole new park because they could do so much with EPCOT, or even Animal Kingdom and DHS. Epcot needs some TLC. It deserves some love because it's such a great place but could be so much more.

Magenta Panther

Oh, man, where do I start...

Okay, since Frozen is such a monster, I'd add a Frozen area to New Fantasyland. It would include an Ice Palace with a kickass dark ride, a town square where it snows off and on, and perhaps a place to get frozen drinks (like the frozen Butterbeer at Universal's Potterland. Only better. Butterbeer is yucky).

I would also add a Villains dark ride, perhaps a Haunted Forest or Bald Mountain which features all of the major Disney villains, with Chernobog from Fantasia perched on top of it roaring down at people (take that, Gringotts dragon!)

Plus we'd get a Cherry Tree Lane area (from Mary Poppins), featuring Admiral Boom's restaurant which would feature British sweets, coffees and teas. And a 3D Philharmagic-type show where we join Mary, Bert, Jane and Michael through a chalk pavement picture, take part in a horse race involving carousel horses, have a tea party on the ceiling with Uncle Albert, get sucked through a chimney onto the rooftops of London and duck fireworks shot at us by Admiral Boom.

In DHS, the Muppets area would be replaced by Monstropolis. The Muppets can go to Playhouse Disney if they MUST remain in the parks.

The Yeti would get fixed.

The Hat would get tossed.

The Haunted Mansion's original queue would be restored. Ditto the original Hitchhiking Ghosts effect. (I'd love the new stuff at the Mansion if they were an improvement. But they're not. They're disasters IMO).

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit would get a meet-and-greet in a new, black-and-white Mickey's Toontown. And I'd get the Living Character Initiative to create Oswald, Mickey, Donald, Minnie and other character AAs that would be accurately-sized (instead of a 5 foot Mickey suit) and could talk and interact with people. Perhaps Oswald and Mickey could drive around in a little car and stop now and then to meet and greet. That would be amazing.

wdwfan4ver

Oh, man, where do I start...

Okay, since Frozen is such a monster, I'd add a Frozen area to New Fantasyland. It would include an Ice Palace with a kickass dark ride, a town square where it snows off and on, and perhaps a place to get frozen drinks (like the frozen Butterbeer at Universal's Potterland. Only better. Butterbeer is yucky).

I would also add a Villains dark ride, perhaps a Haunted Forest or Bald Mountain which features all of the major Disney villains, with Chernobog from Fantasia perched on top of it roaring down at people (take that, Gringotts dragon!)

Plus we'd get a Cherry Tree Lane area (from Mary Poppins), featuring Admiral Boom's restaurant which would feature British sweets, coffees and teas. And a 3D Philharmagic-type show where we join Mary, Bert, Jane and Michael through a chalk pavement picture, take part in a horse race involving carousel horses, have a tea party on the ceiling with Uncle Albert, get sucked through a chimney onto the rooftops of London and duck fireworks shot at us by Admiral Boom.

In DHS, the Muppets area would be replaced by Monstropolis. The Muppets can go to Playhouse Disney if they MUST remain in the parks.

The Yeti would get fixed.

The Hat would get tossed.

The Haunted Mansion's original queue would be restored. Ditto the original Hitchhiking Ghosts effect. (I'd love the new stuff at the Mansion if they were an improvement. But they're not. They're disasters IMO).

Oswald the Lucky Rabbit would get a meet-and-greet in a new, black-and-white Mickey's Toontown. And I'd get the Living Character Initiative to create Oswald, Mickey, Donald, Minnie and other character AAs that would be accurately-sized (instead of a 5 foot Mickey suit) and could talk and interact with people. Perhaps Oswald and Mickey could drive around in a little car and stop now and then to meet and greet. That would be amazing.
You have to cut the amount of projects you mentioned based on the op stated. The op Stated "It can be as big as opening an entirely new park (give details), greenlighting an expansion with multiple attractions, or refurbishment of an attraction or even an entire theme park. Whatever you want, but it has to be one main "project" localized to one of the Disney theme parks or areas and not something ridiculous like,"start over."

That means you only can do one theme park at WDW. You have to decide between Magic Kingdom and DHS.

Magenta Panther

You have to cut the amount of projects you mentioned based on the op stated. The op Stated "It can be as big as opening an entirely new park (give details), greenlighting an expansion with multiple attractions, or refurbishment of an attraction or even an entire theme park. Whatever you want, but it has to be one main "project" localized to one of the Disney theme parks or areas and not something ridiculous like,"start over."

That means you only can do one theme park at WDW. You have to decide between Magic Kingdom and DHS.

Okay, skip all the stuff I wrote about DHS. I'd build a Frozen area, Bald Mountain, and Cherry Tree Lane in New Fantasyland. :)

StarWarsGirl

We're just going to completely fix my favorite park, DHS: Big expansion. Includes:
  • Star Wars Land: Will include a 3D show, a new roller coaster, a dark ride, and some other smaller attractions, as well as a new show. We would say bye to the Muppets area and the Indiana Jones Stunt Spectacular
  • But Indy's not gone completely! He'll get his own new e-ticket ride.
  • Say goodbye, giant hat! The Chinese Theater will once again become the symbol of the park.
  • New shows! To replace BatB and Little Mermaid, we will have a new Tangled show and a Toy Story show
  • In addition to Fantamic (which will receive some upgrades) there will be a new nightly fireworks spectacular around the Chinese Theater.
  • Great Movie Ride will get an upgrade, featuring both modern and classic films. No more Alien scene (because it's just creepy), we will see about getting the rights for Star Trek, or if not, another modern SciFi film. The Tarzan, Footlight Parade, and Public Enemy (sorry Cagny) scenes will all be replaced, as well as the Western scene. Films to replace are open for debate.
  • Muppets can't leave completely! They will get their own dark ride.
  • Improved food. Includes more TS restaurants. Star Wars Land could get a few of these.
  • A Wreck-It Ralph dark ride. Because it would be awesome.
  • No more Backlot Tour. The old movie props will be consolidated into a walking tour (possbily where the animation tour is currently located) and the space will be reused, possibly for an outdoor roller coaster. Possibly still themed as a movie-set though (Backlot trams out of control anyone? No? Okay then...)
  • New parade
  • And last but not least...no more American Idol. It will be replaced by some sort of interactive show, but American Idol will be a thing of the past.

Kuzcotopia

WDW needs a new miniature golf course. The two we currently have are of inadequate capacity.

It could be kitschy, themed like an old 80s mini golf park, with some arcade games and a batting cage.

The great thing about this idea. . . WDW can offer one free pass to any family staying more than 6 nights on property.

Last edited:

Matt_Black

As CEO, I would throw as much money and all the contract know-how of the legal team into finding a way out of the Marvel/ Uni contract or at least reach a compromise ("You guys can keep Spidey and the X-Men, we get the Avengers"), and then start making a Marvel park.

John

WOW! I guess if you want to just go blue sky and add attractions....that would be swell. But I think the issues with WDW are much deeper then just adding some attractions. I think to "fix' things you have to start from the ground up. There are CM issues, food quality issues, Transportation issues and one of the most important issues...... MANITENANACE issues! Adding attractions and parks before any of these issues are addressed is just adding more things and is not addressing the problems...just will add to them.

If I was CEO I would try to restore the level of service that they were known for. Is WDW still a great place to visit? sure....but its not the level of service it used to be. Please don't give me the line....nothing is. Does anyone here think we don't pay a premium price for a WDW vacation?....anyone? So why wouldn't we get a premium product and service? You go to McDonalds and order off the value menu...you know what to expect....you go to Ruth Chris ( not my favorite choice....but you get the point) you know what to expect.

Disney among other things is in the hospitality business, they once wanted to be the bench mark for service and show. If I was CEO I would start by seeing how I can once again regain that status.

Csmith041177

Agree on the restore Future World. It needs to be more than Soarin / Mission Space / Walk through to get to World Showcase. Also put some big money behind Star Wars / Indiana Jones expansions, as well as increasing the Pixar presence.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom