Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride opens today? (Feb 18, 2014)

EnchantedMouse

Original Poster
Dear all,

According to Wikipedia (eng. version), the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride is opening TODAY as it's status says Operating.

I kept an eye on this wiki for a while and just yesterday the status said Testing but today it's suddenly operating? Its early in the morning so I think the opening will hold place in the afternoon. This could NOT be true at all, but I assume that Wikipedia is right..

It is expected to open in New Fantasyland on February 18, 2014.[4]
- Wikipedia

So, it is expected.

What are your thoughts on this expectation?

Btw

I am totally new at this forum so I don't know anything about earlier threads about the wiki and the expected opening date. Sorry for my bad English, I'm Dutch

- EnchantedMouse

orky8

Dear all,

According to Wikipedia (eng. version), the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train Ride is opening TODAY as it's status says Operating.

I kept an eye on this wiki for a while and just yesterday the status said Testing but today it's suddenly operating? Its early in the morning so I think the opening will hold place in the afternoon. This could NOT be true at all, but I assume that Wikipedia is right..

It is expected to open in New Fantasyland on February 18, 2014.[4]
- Wikipedia

So, it is expected.

What are your thoughts on this expectation?

Btw

I am totally new at this forum so I don't know anything about earlier threads about the wiki and the expected opening date. Sorry for my bad English, I'm Dutch

- EnchantedMouse

Welcome. No. Several weeks, at best, for soft openings. Media preview end of April, and public opening in May.

orky8

Also, wikipedia is a great source of background information, but not a good place for facts as anyone can change the content. I've now removed the February 18th date, which, by the way, even the source cited for that date did not contain that date.

note2001

More proof that you can't always believe what you read on wikipedia, though amazingly enough, I have seen it cited as authority in legal briefs :facepalm:

But my friend's cousin's deaf friend overheard a couple on the train talking about Trains and mice and swore they said "today"... I'm editing it back!

:joyfull: People amuse me.

RonAnnArbor

Media Days Officially announced as April 30 - May 2 -- that means no opening until May 2 for the public...but soft openings can really start any day -- and perhaps be open for a day or two and then closed for another couple weeks, or open for a few hours here and there....but nobody but Disney knows that and it won't be announced anywhere in advance

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
That Mine Train is a wild ride. My favorite part is when Sneezy sneezes and you get covered in gelatinous goo. I also enjoyed the part where the train entered the mine and when the talking trees destroyed the tower with the fancy talking wizard in it. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a decent.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
That Mine Train is a wild ride. My favorite part is when Sneezy sneezes and you get covered in gelatinous goo. I also enjoyed the part where the train entered the mine and when the talking trees destroyed the tower with the fancy talking wizard in it. On a scale of 1-10, I give it a decent.
Update. The goo is in "B" mode as of this afternoon. It's just strobe lights flashing on streamers coming out of sneezy's nose.

Pocahontas

Yeah... Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Anybody can change the information. Anybody.

Wikipedia isn't even an acceptable source for elementary school kids doing research.

doctornick

Yeah... Wikipedia is not a reliable source. Anybody can change the information. Anybody.

Wikipedia isn't even an acceptable source for elementary school kids doing research.

Wikipedia can be useful if the information that it has is well sourced. Then you can go to the source and use that (depending on whether the source itself is reliable). Unsourced comentary on wikipedia is worthless.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom