Jammin Jungle closing in June

hpyhnt 1000

To be fair, it sounds like the parade is going away after FOTLK returns so they won't both be gone at the same time. And I think most if not all of the M&G's have been retained from the loss of CMM.

I'm not excusing the loss of the parade, but it sounds like it will be basically be the same amount of entertainment as right now, just swapping FOTLK for the parade. Of course, it would be better to have both.

That said, if what has been suggested earlier in this thread is true -- that the parade needs to close due to work on Discovery Island -- then so be it. But it would be nice to hear about a new/replacement parade being planned for when Discovery Island is restored.

Don't really agree with that analysis. For the better part of a decade, AK featured FotLK, the M&Gs of CMM, and the Jammin' Jungle parade together each day every day. Going forward, only FotLK and the M&Gs will remain. So where there were once 3 entertainment options there are now only 2.

Like I said earlier, this is a cut.

hpyhnt 1000

OrlandoSentinel said:
There are no plans for a replacement parade at this time, Disney said...The Pixar Pals Countdown to Fun parade closed at Disney's Hollywood Studios last April.

Add to that the cancelation of Tapestry of Nations/Dreams in 2003(?) and in the span of about a decade we have gone from 4 parades at WDW to just 1. And lets not forget the stale fireworks shows (the newest of which is now 11 years old) and the dreary state of WDW's live stage shows.

Anyone care to take a stab at justifying all of this or explaining how it enhances the WDW experience?

asianway

Add to that the cancelation of Tapestry of Nations/Dreams in 2003(?) and in the span of about a decade we have gone from 4 parades at WDW to just 1. And lets not forget the stale fireworks shows (the newest of which is now 11 years old) and the dreary state of WDW's live stage shows.

Anyone care to take a stab at justifying all of this or explaining how it enhances the WDW experience?
A zealot apologist will be along in a moment to assist you.

Estimated wait time is 7 minutes.

doctornick

Don't really agree with that analysis. For the better part of a decade, AK featured FotLK, the M&Gs of CMM, and the Jammin' Jungle parade together each day every day. Going forward, only FotLK and the M&Gs will remain. So where there were once 3 entertainment options there are now only 2.

Like I said earlier, this is a cut.

Oh, I absolutely agree that it is a cut. I was just remarknig that it's not fair to say that we are losing FOTLK and MJJ since the former will be back when the later stops. Certainly, it would be far better to have both at the same time and we are definitely seeing a cut relative to 2013.

I'm hoping that this is just temporary due to changes on Discovery Island as some people have suggested and that a new parade will be built and run during the day around the same time that the night time show starts and the park goes to evening/longer hours. We've seen no indication of any plans for a new parade though, so I'm prepared to be disappointed in that. I just don't see how they hope to have the park be viable for a full day if they are merely replacing the day parade with a night show. They need both. And Pandora. And more additional attractions.

lebeau

its_magic.jpg

30_oh_oh_its_magic.jpg

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

JOKES ON YOU!!!!

You forgot about MAGICBANDS. You can pay with your wrist now!!! Name another place on earth with THAT kind of technology.

Guest experience ENHANCED!!!!

ADP2

Why is it that when new entertainment is announced old entertainment gets cut somewhere else? Or even worse, why is it when a new ride is built 2 shops and a restaurant have to go up next to it? If the goal is to pay for new entertainment and attractions with new shops, restaurants, and cancelling existing entertainment then why am I paying a gate fee or park admission? It's almost as if evertime Disney adds an attraction it has to be justified by another revenue stream or entertainment pay cut. If they are going to keep raising our ticket prices then raise the number of attractions and entertainment. Don't just even things out. Ok...I'm done now, rant over. :)

imagineer boy

I don't mind the fact that the parade is closing. It's old and it had a good run. Howevver the fact that nothing is replacing it is inexcusable. Now the park is going to have even LESS to do which is exactly the opposite of what AK needs now. And Avatar is not going to solve this problem either. I can't wait to see the looks on the execs faces when people don't come in droves to the park after the opening of Avatarland...

Matt_Black

Something IS replacing it! It's just not debuting immediately after. It might be a few months afterwards, but that's been discussed in the thread already.

OnyxNine

Hmm, makes me wonder if that new resort disney is building has something to do with all the cuts. After all, they need to pay someone to cut down all the trees, and start building.

doctornick

Something IS replacing it! It's just not debuting immediately after. It might be a few months afterwards, but that's been discussed in the thread already.

The issue is that there should be a parade in addition to the planned night time show. DAK needs all the entertainment options it can get, especially with the plan for extended park hours in the future.

twebber55

sadly parades (other than MK) are a thing of the past.....I do wonder if this means FOLK will be up and running the first week of june (when im there)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom