Jammin Jungle closing in June

Malin

I attended one of the Backstage Magic Tours in Sept and the guide said it was coming to an end. So it's been planned for some time!

twebber55

I don't think there's a person here who wouldn't like to see it replaced, personally I'm not glad its going but I'm reserving judgement at the moment to see what the eventual end game is with AK, we've been told that new entertainment offerings are coming so I'm interested to see if and how Disney deliver on that.
I agree I think we should wait before we judge the end result

CDavid

And three of them were brand new. Epcot's was only revamped but still new-ish. Now in order to get one new parade we have to kill two.

Epcot's Tapestry of Nations parade was indeed brand new. It was later revamped into Tapestry of Dreams, which is probably what you are thinking of.

Well, Epcot's parade was temporary. They didn't do parades before, and didn't do parades after.

Merely applying the label "temporary" doesn't automatically provide an excuse to close parades or attractions with no replacement.

rioriz

Meh I never cared for the parade in the first place...there are still rumors the nighttime show could debut later in the Summer also

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
The "temporary" parade ran for 3.5 years (counting both Nations and Dreams). Once upon a time, that would have been considered an extremely long run for a parade, since they were changed out almost annually. This whole concept of a parade being designed for a 5+ year run has really warped the way we look at things

Same with the now eternally running night time shows. (edit: I thought about this and it seems to me the show at EPCOT was changed out fairly regularly before RoE. I really can only think of one fireworks show at MK that preceded Wishes. So, maybe, I'm way off base on this. Fantasy in the Sky was the old show in MK? Did it open way back in the 70's? Sure seems like the nighttime shows could be upgraded more often. How often are they upgraded at non-WDW parks? I kind of remember Wishes ran for 2 or 3 years at DLP. Anyhoo, they sure aren't very aggressive at swapping these things out. I should note, I really like both existing nighttime spectaculars. I just think something new every decade would be nice. I'm sure @marni1971 knows these things off the top of his head). Also, anyone remember Carnival de Lumiere? Man, I wish I had a video camera back then. I could give Martin a run for his money, except I'd be way too lazy to post all that stuff on the internetz.

Last edited:

twebber55

Just because you don't like this particular parade doesn't make it worthless. Granted, it is no Tapestry of Nations or SpectroMagic, but it was a completely respectable parade. It even has a Christmas version overlay, something rare in Walt Disney World.
I also agree with this...just because you don't like something doesn't mean it was or will be bad and other people may like it

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Bottom line, due to the construction, parade vehicles won't be able to access the route. Entertainment will be added but they have four months to figure that out.
This seemed to get blazed right past, and I want to see if we can expand on it a little.

For those in the know, where in DAK were the parade vehicles stored, what was the route from storage out to the parade route?

IF this is cut because they are about to start heavy-deep-and-real construction on Pandora, and IF they are planning on adding something to replace it (I smell a few more dance parties coming on!), then it softens the blow just a touch. Which is ok, because just a touch is about how much I cared about this parade. Never made it a point to catch it, but always enjoyed it when I ran into it at the end of the day. Just enough to be sad that it was going away, but not enough to pull my pitchfork and torch out of storage.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I have a gut feeling we'll be seeing other changes. I am crossing my fingers the kangaroos stay.

Yeah, that doesn't sound good. Any chance of expanding (sigh) and putting the critters that are to be moved into a new area, instead of eliminating them altogether?

When my local zoo 'eliminates' an exhibit they have to find suitable homes for all the animals, obviously can't release, say, kangaroos onto the street to fend for themselves. I know DAK is Nahtazoo... but wouldn't they also be subject to this?

And... because you said kangaroo, any chance they have heard our cries for an Australia area? I know it's a far shot, but worth asking.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I don't think there's a person here who wouldn't like to see it replaced, personally I'm not glad its going but I'm reserving judgement at the moment to see what the eventual end game is with AK, we've been told that new entertainment offerings are coming so I'm interested to see if and how Disney deliver on that.

I'm really tired of hearing "cut" everywhere without hearing "but this is replacing it" afterwards. It's starting to get really old.

Personally I've not been to DAK so I really can't comment on the traffic problems others have commented on, caused by the parade taking up the walkways, but I have seen Youtube videos of said parade and thought it was cute for what it's worth. I just wish it was being replaced with something- anything- instead of simply being cut altogether.

It's like they're trying to take away everything they can and make this park the zoo it claims it's not. At this point, no nighttime entertainment, no parade, no fireworks (ok, for good reason, but still) ... suddenly, you're no different than my local zoo which costs $15, not $90. (edit to add) Except, of course, a few rides, and a carny parking lot thing which... well, we have here, but they're almost appealing. So does the handful of rides make up for the lack of other entertainment in the park?

JimboJones123

Why is WDW so dependent on shows and entertainment anyways?

Disneyland is very ride intensive and has very little shows. Their times guide is more a suggestion booklet as to what rides to visit.

Sure, a show or two a day is great, but when shows outnumber rides in your parks 2-1, is it really worth nearly $100 a day?

Soarin' Over Pgh

Why is WDW so dependent on shows and entertainment anyways?

Disneyland is very ride intensive and has very little shows. Their times guide is more a suggestion booklet as to what rides to visit.

Sure, a show or two a day is great, but when shows outnumber rides in your parks 2-1, is it really worth nearly $100 a day?

I agree but if you dump the entertainment without adding actual RIDES and capacity, you have a very big problem on your hands.

I don't think it's worth $100 a day and that's a problem as well. But if more RIDES were added to justify that cost, and the loss of entertainment, it would be worth it.

PhilharMagician

Bottom line, due to the construction, parade vehicles won't be able to access the route. Entertainment will be added but they have four months to figure that out.

Curious as to why they cannot access the route? Can you explain? I did not expect the construction to be anywhere near the parade storage building and the route to the Africa gate to where the parade enters the park.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Curious as to why they cannot access the route? Can you explain? I did not expect the construction to be anywhere near the parade storage building and the route to the Africa gate to where the parade enters the park.
I would also expect that with all the time they had to plan out the Avatar work, fitting the parade into the spacing equation could have been accomplished....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom