Jammin Jungle closing in June

Matt_Black

For those saying that the nighttime entertainment is a long ways off, did we ever get solid confirmation of that? It was announced in conjunction with Avatarland news, which is definitely 2017, so I think many just assumed the nighttime stuff was coming then too.

DABIGCHEEZ

Disney is one of the largest ENTERTAINMENT companies and they are cutting many ENTERTAINMENT features left and right that many(I did not say all) people enjoy without having a equivalent replacement scheduled for years? And no, a Dance Party would not be an equivalent replacement. What am I missing here?... oh wait, the those wristbands sure are snazzy!

raymusiccity

Its gotten stale now but when it first started I loved this parade. Hopefully, somewhere down the line, we get a replacement.

How does a toe tapping parade with wonderful puppetry become stale......?

You'd have to say the same of IASW, Pirates, People Mover, et al. The attractions are designed for periodic or first time visitors, not the locals who watch it over and over and declare that they're boring....

Next Big Thing

For those saying that the nighttime entertainment is a long ways off, did we ever get solid confirmation of that? It was announced in conjunction with Avatarland news, which is definitely 2017, so I think many just assumed the nighttime stuff was coming then too.
I was pretty sure there was talk that they wanted to get it open for next summer at the latest (with this fall being possible). I believe it was @wdwmagic who mentioned something like that in another thread.

EDIT: Here's the thread where the info is. Go to page 15 or so. Some talk of a potential opening THIS summer, but not a ton backing that yet as far as I can tell. Considering they've been testing for it for awhile already I wouldn't be surprised at next year though.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ming-to-disneys-animal-kingdom.875251/page-15

Last edited:

Matt_Black

I was pretty sure there was talk that they wanted to get it open for next summer at the latest (with this fall being possible). I believe it was @wdwmagic who mentioned something like that in another thread.

EDIT: Here's the thread where the info is. Go to page 15 or so. Some talk of a potential opening THIS summer, but not a ton backing that yet as far as I can tell. Considering they've been testing for it for awhile already I wouldn't be surprised at next year though.

Yeah, that makes more sense. I mean, while some of what they proposed might take a bit, I don't think any of it would take as long as AL.
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/...ming-to-disneys-animal-kingdom.875251/page-15

asianway

They don't cut jobs in that department. They simply put them in other shifts. There might be a lot of folks sitting around acting as spare bodies in case some one is sick and can't come to work, but they won't cut jobs.
They cut FTEs. This reduces hours the remaining performers get. Then through attrition when people leave they don't replace them

FrankLapidus

How does a toe tapping parade with wonderful puppetry become stale......?

You'd have to say the same of IASW, Pirates, People Mover, et al. The attractions are designed for periodic or first time visitors, not the locals who watch it over and over and declare that they're boring....

I'm not a local by any means, I don't live in America so that has absolutely no bearing on my opinion.

Its become stale for me because I've seen it so many times over the years that its been operating, the same way that the parade at MK has become stale for me. I didn't say I don't like the parade or declare that I find it boring, I just don't feel the need to sit and watch it anymore and wouldn't mind something new to be introduced in the future. I really don't think that's harsh or unfair criticism (if you can even call it criticism), I've seen a lot of parades at WDW over the years and this one was one of my favourites.

Jwhee

Speaking of Tapestry, the Dreams version is having its 11th year anniversary of its closure sometime next month, wiki doesn't have an exact date.

vinnya1726

I think many are being unfair to TDO...Disney is a corporation and unfortunately they do need to make cuts from time to time because of issues that are beyond their means. In my job I have to make cuts, not because they are the best decisions always, but because of financial restraints. In this case and in many others it seems Disney is trying to reduce the number of cast members, as like with most businesses today, the cost of healthcare continues to rise to unmanageable levels. The health care law has placed large companies such as Disney and Universal's parent company as well at a point where difficult decisions have to be made. Yes, our experiences may not be as magical, but it is not only Disney's fault.

FerretAfros

Well, Epcot's parade was temporary. They didn't do parades before, and didn't do parades after.
The "temporary" parade ran for 3.5 years (counting both Nations and Dreams). Once upon a time, that would have been considered an extremely long run for a parade, since they were changed out almost annually. This whole concept of a parade being designed for a 5+ year run has really warped the way we look at things

Bolt

I could appreciate that statement if this was Febuary 2016. Making way for evening entertainment that is years away from launching? How is this "Good News" for 2014 with Lion King already closed along with Camp Minnie and Mickey and now Jammin?

Disney was always thin on things to do at AK to start with, offering less than there already was seems problematic not good news.
Don't say the Lion King is closed into your argument as it will open when this leaves. Also, evening entertainment isn't two years away...

mm52200

I always see people say that they're glad when TDO closes a certain show or parade because they didn't like it or it was getting stale. All valid opinions but my biggest beef is that they just close it, they don't replace it or make something even better.

FrankLapidus

I always see people say that they're glad when TDO closes a certain show or parade because they didn't like it or it was getting stale. All valid opinions but my biggest beef is that they just close it, they don't replace it or make something even better.

I don't think there's a person here who wouldn't like to see it replaced, personally I'm not glad its going but I'm reserving judgement at the moment to see what the eventual end game is with AK, we've been told that new entertainment offerings are coming so I'm interested to see if and how Disney deliver on that.

lazyboy97o

I think many are being unfair to TDO...Disney is a corporation and unfortunately they do need to make cuts from time to time because of issues that are beyond their means. In my job I have to make cuts, not because they are the best decisions always, but because of financial restraints. In this case and in many others it seems Disney is trying to reduce the number of cast members, as like with most businesses today, the cost of healthcare continues to rise to unmanageable levels. The health care law has placed large companies such as Disney and Universal's parent company as well at a point where difficult decisions have to be made. Yes, our experiences may not be as magical, but it is not only Disney's fault.
Disney says their numbers are great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom