Has anyone ever had another guest start an issue with you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joanna71985

WDW is for everyone, they paid the same as you and waited the same as you. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want without others judging, it's Disney World, the place for kids and kids at heart.

I don't have any problems with adults meeting the characters (heck, I do it it all the time). However...no one should take more then their fair time with the character(s). If the character initiates it, that's one thing. But it isn't right to drag out the time otherwise

AndyS2992

I don't have any problems with adults meeting the characters (heck, I do it it all the time). However...no one should take more then their fair time with the character(s). If the character initiates it, that's one thing. But it isn't right to drag out the time otherwise
Oh of course, definitely. It just irks me that people think that other people shouldn't be able to do things at WDW just because they think it is for children only.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Adults meeting the characters? Not a problem, but we've all seen the people that get to the characters and whip out multiple cameras and want to take two or three poses per camera. It's time consuming and annoying. Also, if you haven't seen these people then you might be one of them. LOL ;)
That made me laugh OUT LOUD.

Sometimes a simple "LOL" just will not cut it.

Susan Savia

Adults meeting the characters? Not a problem, but we've all seen the people that get to the characters and whip out multiple cameras and want to take two or three poses per camera. It's time consuming and annoying. Also, if you haven't seen these people then you might be one of them. LOL ;)
Or they get up there to take the picture and can't figure out how to use the camera and fiddle around with it, etc.

ExtinctJenn

I just remembered another incident from our trip last month and just had to share it...

As we all know, the insanity of leaving the theater after Fantasmic! ends is, well, insane. This last time we went, we were far left in the seating area so we had to be stuck in it a good while. As we reached the top of the stands, a woman with a flag in the air (i.e. Brazilian Tour Group) was standing there collecting her people. Most of them were running up the benches as they specifically announced not to do that but whatever, they fall and break their head open, that's their own fault. Anyway... we merge into the mass of people and about 2 minutes later this woman, still with her flag in the air, is pushing through the crowd. For every step we are able to take forward, she's found a way to get 4 steps ahead. At another merge point however she got held back. Well, this obviously just wasn't acceptable for her as she began pushing her way through yet again. Now, when I say pushing I mean with her body, essentially hip checking people or bumping them just hard enough that they either stop for a second or moved out of her way. My husband and I were watching and just shaking our heads, until she pushed my 7-year old son. She came up behind him and turned sidewise, again sort of hip checking him in the shoulder. When he didn't move, she then proceeded to try to step around him but as we were walking forward, when she tried, she ended up full on pushing him forward to the point of nearly falling. Did she apologize or acknowledge it in anyway? Nope! My husband had it with her, stepped around and in front of her and told her it's bad enough she's pushing her way through a crowd that simply needs to be patient and move slowly but when you push a child out of the way to do that, you've crossed the line. She started denying she had pushed anyone and then tried to pull the "I don't speak English" card and look all confused. He had made his point though in that she then backed way off and stayed about 10 people behind us the rest of the way out.

Fable McCloud

Original Poster
I agree. It was a confession. I'm sorry.

I hope the character loving adult community can forgive me.

I totally forgive you because you didn't act upon your annoyance. That's what got me so upset in the first place, the fact that the lady was rude to me and felt that she had to tell me how awful I was.

Everyone has those moments where others get on our nerves, but it's best to keep it inside rather than start a fight, especially at Disney.

graphite1326

Every kid can have a melt down whether they are autistic or not... The real question is how do you handle it when it happens. I've seen parents that had a kid that started to have a melt down and they had the good sense to take him out to a quiet place as quickly as they possibly could - it was the best thing for the kid and the best thing for everyone else he would have disturbed. On the other hand I've had occasions where a child was having a melt down and the parents tried to ignore it as if it would go away ( it didn't ), and the ones that think they can calm them down (clue, when the kid is freaking because of loud noises and flashing lights that aren't going to stop trying to calm them down isn't going to work)... in those instances the kid never did calm down and the only thing the parent managed to do was ruin their kids day along with everyone that was trying to enjoy the entertainment...

Those are the parents I think are simply in denial of the own children. Some kids aren't going to enjoy Disney and aren't going to like certain rides, doesn't matter if you love Disney or a particular ride that doesn't mean your child will. My favorite was the British mom at Disney's California Adventure that tried to put her little boy on a Jellyfish ride... He would have nothing of it... He scream like he was being given a root canal without any anesthesia, he fought, she fought back, she forced him into the chair and he tried to escape, she tried to bribe him, he wouldn't listen, it went on for almost 10 minutes while the CM continued to try and tell her that he wasn't allowed to run the ride if the child was acting like that because it wouldn't be safe. She then spend 5 minutes trying to convince the CM her child would just love the ride once it started (all the while the poor kid was still having a fit and trying like made to get out of the chair... Finally she agreed to take him off the ride, 10 feet away from the ride he calmed down and became a normal happy kid again - but his crazy mother couldn't have just accepted that he didn't want to be on that ride.
I guess I was just lucky. MY boys never had a melt down....ever.

graphite1326

I was almost was rude once......we were waiting for the boat the goes from HS to EPCOT (me and about 50 other people). It comes and everyone gets off. However, one lady stands with the captain of the boat and talks to him. You can tell he wants to get away from her and load the boat but she keeps right on talking for about what feels like ten minutes. I'm getting annoyed as I'm sure everyone else is. As much as I wanted to I didn't say anything. I know I was standing there shaking my head.

thomas998

WDW is for everyone, they paid the same as you and waited the same as you. Everyone has the right to do whatever they want without others judging, it's Disney World, the place for kids and kids at heart.
That is true... though I do wish they would put a big clock up in view and only allot a specific amount of time for each interaction. I sometimes notice that the characters can push along the kids fairly well when their time is up but aren't able to move long some of the nuttier adults that seem to have forgotten that the characters aren't real. I recall watching one woman talking to Winnie the Pooh as if it was her best friend and she was giving him advice on what to do the next time he found himself looking for honey... And no she wasn't doing it for the benefit of her kids that were with her because there were no kids with her... She honestly seemed to think she was giving a Pooh bear useful advice... It was surreal.

Weather_Lady

Besides the crowd of proud New Jersey-ans I mentioned at the outset of this thread, the only other major guest rudeness I've encountered was two violent stroller Moms with designer sunglasses and a thirst for blood, who were literally ramming their way through the crowd during the 3pm parade in Frontierland. We were cautiously making our way across the boardwalk from the direction of Big Thunder Mountain to try and skirt the crowd, but we were part of a slow-moving mass of elbow-to-elbow people. These women, heading in the opposite direction, simply threw their noses in the air and began using their strollers like battering rams, physically striking and butting people out of their way as they sliced through the crowd, walking side-by-side. Because the crowd was so thick, we didn't see them until they were practically on top of us, and had bumped into someone ahead of us, who promptly leapt aside with a cry of pain and/or alarm. I threw myself in front of my four-year-old just as she was about to get run over, and got rammed in the shin and hip by one woman, while my husband got rammed by the other. After physically cutting through my family, the women continued on their merry way, mowing down everyone else in their path.

In hindsight, I'm much more angry about it now than I was at the time, mostly because I was so shocked that all I could do was stare, open-mouthed, at what they were doing. It's probably a good thing, as my first instinct would have been to lay hands on one or both of them and show them what a good shove -- perhaps directly over the railing and into the water -- felt like. Sometimes you just have to comfort yourself with the idea that vengeance is the Lord's... ;)

thomas998

Besides the crowd of proud New Jersey-ans I mentioned at the outset of this thread, the only other major guest rudeness I've encountered was two violent stroller Moms with designer sunglasses and a thirst for blood, who were literally ramming their way through the crowd during the 3pm parade in Frontierland. We were cautiously making our way across the boardwalk from the direction of Big Thunder Mountain to try and skirt the crowd, but we were part of a slow-moving mass of elbow-to-elbow people. These women, heading in the opposite direction, simply threw their noses in the air and began using their strollers like battering rams, physically striking and butting people out of their way as they sliced through the crowd, walking side-by-side. Because the crowd was so thick, we didn't see them until they were practically on top of us, and had bumped into someone ahead of us, who promptly leapt aside with a cry of pain and/or alarm. I threw myself in front of my four-year-old just as she was about to get run over, and got rammed in the shin and hip by one woman, while my husband got rammed by the other. After physically cutting through my family, the women continued on their merry way, mowing down everyone else in their path.

In hindsight, I'm much more angry about it now than I was at the time, mostly because I was so shocked that all I could do was stare, open-mouthed, at what they were doing. It's probably a good thing, as my first instinct would have been to lay hands on one or both of them and show them what a good shove -- perhaps directly over the railing and into the water -- felt like. Sometimes you just have to comfort yourself with the idea that vengeance is the Lord's... ;)

Your just lucky it was only a stroller and not one of those motorized scooters. I have on more than one occasion been tempted to take the key out of one that has hit me from behind and thrown it into the nearest trash can... Too often those scooters seem to be driven by someone that has never used on before and has no clue what they are doing.

Disneydreamer23

Yes I did :( My husband and I went to Disney Feb 2013 ( I was 8 months pregnant) I had to get a GAC because my whole pregnancy I had BAD siatic nerve pain so where if I walked more than a few hours I get bad pain, so I used my GAC for Little Mermaid and The lady in front of me now mind you i am CLEARLY pregnant she tells her husband must be nice to skip the line because you are FAT! Now at this point I just lost 80 pounds before pregnancy and gained maybe 36 back but I was pregnant looking and I say excuse me but I am 8 months pregnant I am not FAT she goes OK fatty!? I tell her shes rude she then goes to a cast member and tells him I am lying that there is nothing wrong with me i'M just fat using the GAC and the cast member says O Congrats because I was wearing an IM CELEBRATING becoming a Mom pin after that she was quiet and unfortunately the next day at epcot we shared a table with them eating at Germany :/

G00fyDad

Your just lucky it was only a stroller and not one of those motorized scooters. I have on more than one occasion been tempted to take the key out of one that has hit me from behind and thrown it into the nearest trash can... Too often those scooters seem to be driven by someone that has never used on before and has no clue what they are doing.

I have. Well, I threw it across the grass by Universe of Energy. The guy riding it had plenty of room to go around the four of us standing in a perfectly open area, but he decided to "buzz" my wife and ended up clipping her right heel and calf. Seriously. There was very few people at all in that area. He could have turned ever so slightly and still made it around us. It is a very, very wide open spot there. I ran up to him and turned the scooter off and threw the key pretty far into the grass. I may have just ripped him a new one, but right before he hit my wife I saw him actually look at her and smirk like "This is going to be funny." In reality, the funny part was watching him go look for the key. Which he had no trouble peeling his 400 lb a** out of the scooter to go do.

G00fyDad

Yes I did :( My husband and I went to Disney Feb 2013 ( I was 8 months pregnant) I had to get a GAC because my whole pregnancy I had BAD siatic nerve pain so where if I walked more than a few hours I get bad pain, so I used my GAC for Little Mermaid and The lady in front of me now mind you i am CLEARLY pregnant she tells her husband must be nice to skip the line because you are FAT! Now at this point I just lost 80 pounds before pregnancy and gained maybe 36 back but I was pregnant looking and I say excuse me but I am 8 months pregnant I am not FAT she goes OK fatty!? I tell her shes rude she then goes to a cast member and tells him I am lying that there is nothing wrong with me i'M just fat using the GAC and the cast member says O Congrats because I was wearing an IM CELEBRATING becoming a Mom pin after that she was quiet and unfortunately the next day at epcot we shared a table with them eating at Germany :/

If I were you I would have turned around and made a huge scene about it. I would have said "I am clearly pregnant and only a moron could not tell that. (then, getting right in her face) However, if I was this fat then there's nothing you're going to do about it anyway is there?! Step back before I put you down!"

I absolutely LOVE running into people that I have ripped into for rude behavior at Disney. The only thing about these interactions that might be considered something to ruin my day is that I tend to spend a good amount of the remaining day keeping an eye out for them so I can be sort of childish myself and stare them down. LOL God help them if they pull the same juvenile behavior with me a second time in the day, or trip. (which hasn't happened yet. :( ) My wife is usually telling me to let things like this go, but I just can't. Letting things like this go without confronting people is exactly why we have this problem of self-importance these days. People think that they are better than you and that they deserve more than you. People letting it go only propagates this attitude.

Hot Lava

Wow.. :cautious: Are you serious? You don't know nothing, you weren't there. Don't you think you're being rude? :rolleyes: My writing has 'attitude' as looking back it is frustrating however my attitude at the time was very different.

1. Offering an irate family to stand in front of us so they could see is rude and hateful is it?
2. Pretty sure demanding them to move is ruder than just walking past, plus her grabbing and swearing is ruder and more hateful than us waiting and then walking past and apologising. She could see people were annoyed and did nothing.
3. A woman rammed us as she wasn't looking yet we still apologising while she ranted. Are we rude and hateful in this situation? For a third time NO.

We were not rude, hateful or had attitude but I will be now, get your facts right and think before accusing people of being rude, hateful and having a bad attitude. Geez..

Your response is even more hostile than the original post. I don't think your attitude is any better than when you were at WDW.

I do not think it is such a big deal to say to that woman, "Excuse me, we all all going to move past you if you are going to stay and play with this." Nothing is demanding about that statement. Then if she is nasty about it, well you are well justified getting irate.

So her ramming you justifies you referring to her as fat and stuffing her face? That description was very hostile.

I n ever said a single thing about your story about the parade. So it seems you did not actually read my post before flying off the handle.

I believe that my query to you was as polite as possible. If you cannot see the hostility in your posts, that is sad.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
Did anything happen during the meal? The odds of this happening are so low and it is so awkward I think you could write an award winning essay about this. I really can't believe she followed up with an OK fatty after you told her you were pregnant. That is so far out of line, I don't even know where to begin. Plus, even if you had the GAC for another reason and were overweight, you'd be well within your rights to do something mean to her that wouldn't get you banned from the parks. We should come up with ways to exact revenge that won't get us kicked out of Disney forever.

Pixie VaVoom

It's probably a good thing, as my first instinct would have been to lay hands on one or both of them and show them what a good shove -- perhaps directly over the railing and into the water -- felt like. Sometimes you just have to comfort yourself with the idea that vengeance is the Lord's... ;)[/quote]

Now "WeatherLady" - I know our good book advises us to "lay hands on no man suddenly" and that "Vengence is Mine - saith the Lord"... but dontcha just wanna help him out sometimes !?!

AndyS2992

Your response is even more hostile than the original post. I don't think your attitude is any better than when you were at WDW.

I do not think it is such a big deal to say to that woman, "Excuse me, we all all going to move past you if you are going to stay and play with this." Nothing is demanding about that statement. Then if she is nasty about it, well you are well justified getting irate.

So her ramming you justifies you referring to her as fat and stuffing her face? That description was very hostile.

I n ever said a single thing about your story about the parade. So it seems you did not actually read my post before flying off the handle.

I believe that my query to you was as polite as possible. If you cannot see the hostility in your posts, that is sad.
Oh dear lord. I am being hostile to YOU because you are accusing me of being rude, hateful and having a bad attitude which is completely false and is completely RUDE of you to accuse someone of this when you don't know the full circumstances and other posters here have agreed with me. You are out of order. I brought up the fireworks incident to show how polite and nice we were given the circumstance yet you continue to accuse me of being rude which is ridiculous.

Fair enough, but you don't grab and swear do you?

She knocked my elderly mother down and injured her with a stroller because she was too preoccupied eating and on her phone to look where she was going. No I did not call her fat in the park. We said sorry and walked away even though it was not our fault. Again we were polite about it. I am angry at her on here because she injured my mother. Would you not be angry???

I shall repeat yet again. YOU WEREN'T THERE. Again accusing my attitude of being bad in the park. How do you know? Please enlighten me because I would really like to know why you think you know me when you are clearly clueless. And judging me as a person on one single post is just plain stupid. And yes this post as does my last has attitude because of YOU BEING RUDE which has angered me. You were not polite at all. I do not wish to hear from you again. thanks.

-I apologize to everyone else for having to be subjected to this pointless crap and lets get back on topic, again-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom