WDW selling broken pieces of SpectroMagic as a pin

rodserling27

Original Poster
I figured I'd post this here since it will appeal to the hardcore fans of the parade. This is actually not a bad idea. It's an easy way to make money and an easy way for fans to literally have a piece of the parade forever. I'm sure people will be upset over the fact that their beloved parade is being exploited for profit, and I agree it's a damn shame that it came to this with something as cool as SpectroMagic. But given the fact that the parade is never coming back, this is kind of interesting. As much of a Main Street Electrical Parade person as I am, I kind of want one of these...would look neat on my shelf with my original MSEP lightbulb.

More info here:
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2013/12/first-look-at-new-pins-coming-to-disney-parks-in-2014/

luv

Those look pretty awesome. It's a little bittersweet, of course, but better than nothing. :)

There is always the itty-bitty, teeny-tiny, sub-atomic-particle-sized hope that they'll bring Spectro back, too.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
That means I can do the happy dance that Spectro is indeed dead and never coming back??

Edit: one of the reasons I don't like Spectro is I saw it a zillion and a half times from 2003-2004 when I was on the College Program. Also, the creepy-face guys at the beginning of the parade creep me out.

Last edited:

hpyhnt 1000

Not another one of these pin releases where there is an unrecognizable, teeny tiny piece of metal in a glass bubble attached to the front. At least make it a light bulb or something thats big enough to be recognizable.

Sorry, but I despise when they do this. Its bad enough they destroy an attraction that was appreciated by many; to then turn around and wave the chopped up bits in our face while excitedly saying it can be yours for just $22.95 plus tax (or however much it will be) leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

WDWDad13

Not another one of these pin releases where there is an unrecognizable, teeny tiny piece of metal in a glass bubble attached to the front. At least make it a light bulb or something thats big enough to be recognizable.

Sorry, but I despise when they do this. Its bad enough they destroy an attraction that was appreciated by many; to then turn around and wave the chopped up bits in our face while excitedly saying it can be yours for just $22.95 plus tax (or however much it will be) leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

It's already destroyed so I guess it's better than throwing it in the garbage at this point. Lots of people will buy these I'm sure

englanddg

One Little Spark...
What is the guarantee that the pieces are part of the parade?
Don't you trust this face?

0.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom