Antarctica / Empire of the Penguin

919Florida

I totally agree with you. The ride is just the way to "get" to Antartica. Its still fun and preetty neat but its not a thrill ride and its not worth waiting hours for but the penguins at the end of the ride are amazing and how close you can be to those penguins are amazing. I love getting splashed by them and feeling the cold.

Also the whole overall land with the new dining location and the gift show. Its all so beautiful compared to what that area looked like before. Its a major upgrade tot he area. I love it

luv

The technology of the new ride is really cool on it's own though. Hopefully we'll see an advanced ride using this system somewhere soon.
Agreed. I remember thinking the ride vehicle was very cool. I was excited when getting in.

I hope some park - any park does something like this, but much cooler (not in temperature, obviously!)

Soon enough, it will be cold enough outside that we can wear clothes that allow us to be in there without thinking we might have to be hospitalized for hypothermia. ;)

StageFrenzy

Really GREAT attraction, IMO. The ride was obviously only meant to be a conveyor to the real attraction, the Penguins - and it works well to those means, again IMO. Too bad the ride seemed to garner so much pre opening hype. That was a mistake on SW's part, they should have stuck with promoting the penguins.

The technology of the new ride is really cool on it's own though. Hopefully we'll see an advanced ride using this system somewhere soon.

The art, trackless vehicles and promotion that Sea world was spinning likened it to Tokyo's pooh or Mystic Manor. What we got however was wild arctic 1.2, and wild arctic 1.0 stopped being novel years ago.

The art, trackless vehicles and promotion that Sea world was spinning likened it to Tokyo's pooh or Mystic Manor. What we got however was wild arctic 1.2, and wild arctic 1.0 stopped being novel years ago.
I believe I basically agreed with you when I stated that SW blew it with their marketing. Doesn't change the fact that the technology of the ride is pretty cool and that the end destination ... The penguins, are WAY cool.

brb1006

It's fun it's just REALLY short and the animals in the ride part are underwhelming (there weren't many - but then you go see way more and that part was cool). The new ground around it outside is really tacky lol but that doesn't really matter. The line is way too cold though omg lol.
At least it's a great place to be during a hot summer day.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Still can't top Mystic Manor

forumnecromancy.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom