Best Wrist for Magicband

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Doesn't matter overall...there are poles on both sides and the units at shops and restaurants can be picked up or are handheld so they can be positioned independantly of the arm position.

For the rooms, the right hand is easier I think, if your room door has the handle on the left, and left hand is easier if your room door has the handle on the right...only because you have to line the Mickey up "just so" to work ("Mickey to Mickey" is something you'll hear from CM's a lot).

G00fyDad

Doesn't matter overall...there are poles on both sides and the units at shops and restaurants can be picked up or are handheld so they can be positioned independantly of the arm position.

For the rooms, the right hand is easier I think, if your room door has the handle on the left, and left hand is easier if your room door has the handle on the right...only because you have to line the Mickey up "just so" to work ("Mickey to Mickey" is something you'll hear from CM's a lot).

Not all of them. Half are right sided.

as-sports-outside-door.jpg

I had no trouble with the band on my left wrist, and my son had no trouble with the band on his right wrist. As stated though, unless you are tall (like me, 6'4") you may have to take the band off to get the room pad to recognize the Mickey to Mickey.

Clamman73

I chose left it made it easier at the turnstiles I could scan the band with my left hand and do the finger scan with my right hand at the same time.

I was trying to minimize the time at the turnstile by seeing how soon you could go from the reader starting to read the band to the fingerprint scanner turning it green. I was never sure if it was faster to wait until the white light starts spinning and then use the fingerprint, or just put the band up and then immediately put your finger to the scanner.

G00fyDad

I was trying to minimize the time at the turnstile by seeing how soon you could go from the reader starting to read the band to the fingerprint scanner turning it green. I was never sure if it was faster to wait until the white light starts spinning and then use the fingerprint, or just put the band up and then immediately put your finger to the scanner.

I did both. It seemed to take just as long.

On a side note, I suggest making sure that you are not rushed on your first entry to the first park. That is when the biometric scanner sets your scan for future visits. I rushed mine on our first park day and I had trouble getting the machine to read my print each time. Calmly and slowly lay your finger on the reader the first time so it gets a good read on the full width of the finger. Then just lay that finger down on the readers the same way for the rest of the trip.

englanddg

One Little Spark...

View attachment 38516

I had no trouble with the band on my left wrist, and my son had no trouble with the band on his right wrist. As stated though, unless you are tall (like me, 6'4") you may have to take the band off to get the room pad to recognize the Mickey to Mickey.
I know. I just had to search the cobwebs of my memory. Check my updated post (I updated it about 30 mins ago or so)...

My door at Contemporary had a handle on the left, which is why I said that initially...

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR

View attachment 38516

That made me spit Coke. Seriously? Can you just imagine the athletes 'I'm going to Disney' most are tall men.
Wonder how the bracelet will fit some of these athletes wrists.

G00fyDad

That made me spit Coke. Seriously? Can you just imagine the athletes 'I'm going to Disney' most are tall men.
Wonder how the bracelet will fit some of these athletes wrists.

It fit mine just fine and my wrist is 9.5" in circumference. I was even able to snap it on the second and third holes and it fit just right. I forgot it was there after 10 minutes.

Gabe1

It fit mine just fine and my wrist is 9.5" in circumference. I was even able to snap it on the second and third holes and it fit just right. I forgot it was there after 10 minutes.

It seemed to really bug some people, I've seen the rashes on some guests wrists in photo's. I wonder with some that have sensitive skin getting prickly heat rashes.

G00fyDad

It seemed to really bug some people, I've seen the rashes on some guests wrists in photo's. I wonder with some that have sensitive skin getting prickly heat rashes.

I have not been able to wear a watch in quite some time for that very reason and my band never once gave me a rash. My wrist was sweaty from time to time and still... nothing. I wonder if these people have a latex allergy and if there could be something in the rubber in the band that affects them? I still ascertain that Disney should come up with other options. MagicCharms, MagicKeychains, etc... Something people can use other than the bands. If they did this then they would be far more well received.

Gabe1

I have not been able to wear a watch in quite some time for that very reason and my band never once gave me a rash. My wrist was sweaty from time to time and still... nothing. I wonder if these people have a latex allergy and if there could be something in the rubber in the band that affects them? I still ascertain that Disney should come up with other options. MagicCharms, MagicKeychains, etc... Something people can use other than the bands. If they did this then they would be far more well received.

I think that is a good idea. We are a lanyard wearing society now in many firms so that would not be such a leap and still very accessible.

I'd hope the bands (and the padding in the insert) are latex free. Ya'd think they'd be. But I remember when Disney thought the first round of Latex Free poncho's were Latex Free and ultimately not really. Same with LF gloves, most establishments went LF but some just never got the memo. I remember back years ago seeing gloves at a Sandwich shoppe in DTD that clearly said latex.

We have a kid in one of our schools that will crash from a latex band-aid within moments.

G00fyDad

I think that is a good idea. We are a lanyard wearing society now in many firms so that would not be such a leap and still very accessible.

I'd hope the bands (and the padding in the insert) are latex free. Ya'd think they'd be. But I remember when Disney thought the first round of Latex Free poncho's were Latex Free and ultimately not really. Same with LF gloves, most establishments went LF but some just never got the memo. I remember back years ago seeing gloves at a Sandwich shoppe in DTD that clearly said latex.

We have a kid in one of our schools that will crash from a latex band-aid within moments.

I could just see it now....

"Child dies from anaphylactic shock from wearing a Disney MagicBand. More at 11:00."

We'd get charms and key chains quick then. :rolleyes:

G00fyDad

They can. The RFID chip is tiny.

Yeah. It was more of a complaint. LOL I absolutely LOVED the bands this past trip, but the idea of a key chain that I would be able to use all the time, even at home really appeals to me.

You listening Disney?!?!? o_O

Last edited:

EvilQueen-T

I'm left handed so I wear my watch but now my magic band on the right wrist. I found it helped to make sure the mickey head was upright so it matched the sensor. Before we made that change it wasn't consistently reading it. I also found it a little bit of a pain to wear my band on the same hand I'd previously used for the finger scan (we're ap holders so since I'd used my pass before holding the card in my left hand and scanning my right finger I have to keep using that same finger per the cm's) kind of a pain when it's hold the band while it churns then put the finger on...just a little time consuming. I ended up not wearing my watch, just couldn't get comfortable wearing either my watch or the band on my left wrist but that's just me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom