Disney Springs tenant watch

71jason

Original Poster
Don't want to corrupt the construction thread, so starting this one, for news/rumors of what might be coming to the new DTD.

King Bob buried a couple updates/rumors in his Save PI blog I'm surprised no one else picked up on ...

First, American Girl Place--rumored to be "SF Girl" on the "leaked" blueprints and I believe featured on the proposed logo board as well--is now confirmed to be coming to Florida Mall. Given there are only 15 in the country, it seems likely the Mall has some sort of exclusivity deal. Was Disney Springs rent simply too high?

Second, and Bob offered no detail on this, just a throwaway line they are a rumored tenant--In & Out Burger. As far as I know, this would be the first on the East Coast. Would definitely bring some media attention, fill a gap in DTD.

Soarin' Over Pgh

I haven't read the other threads regarding DS yet. But I'm wondering what the rent and lease contracts are looking like. I can only imagine, insanely expensive.

Isn't this basically just a big, upscale shopping center?

rd805

I haven't read the other threads regarding DS yet. But I'm wondering what the rent and lease contracts are looking like. I can only imagine, insanely expensive.

Isn't this basically just a big, upscale shopping center?

I've been picturing everything VERY disneyfied - a lot of unique DISNEY stores/experiences. I am probably way off though.

Voxel

President of Progress City
I guess my follow-up to this then is "why?" --- why they changing it all around?

Because the currently layout and Pleasure Island was not very well designed for "Mall" shopping. They are doing this to make traffic patterns flow better and creating more usable space.

Did Knee

I guess my follow-up to this then is "why?" --- why they changing it all around?
Ryan, did you mean "why they aren't using internally staffed and stocked stores?" If that's your question, my answer would be that Disney has been on an outsourcing jag for a while. Externally owned and run food and drink providers (think Starbucks), and retailers are very attractive due to lower costs and liabilities.

PrincessNelly_NJ

DFB had listed these as new restaurants, all rumored of course:

Planet Hollywood would become The Observatory.
Disney Burger (TBD)
Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
Wine Bar (TBD)
The Edison
Disney Bakery (TBD)
Food Trucks <--- These are alredy rolling out!
Powell’s Sweet Shoppe
Argo Tea
Shake Shack
Food Network Restaurant
Temecula Olive Oil Company
Yogorino
Walt’s Place
The Boathouse
Morimoto
Newt

muteki

Second, and Bob offered no detail on this, just a throwaway line they are a rumored tenant--In & Out Burger. As far as I know, this would be the first on the East Coast. Would definitely bring some media attention, fill a gap in DTD.
Wow, surprised. Not exactly a shortage of similar restaurants on the east coast but it would be interesting to see one over this way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
DFB had listed these as new restaurants, all rumored of course:

Planet Hollywood would become The Observatory.
Disney Burger (TBD)
Trader Sam’s Enchanted Tiki Bar
Wine Bar (TBD)
The Edison
Disney Bakery (TBD)
Food Trucks <--- These are alredy rolling out!
Powell’s Sweet Shoppe
Argo Tea
Shake Shack
Food Network Restaurant
Temecula Olive Oil Company
Yogorino
Walt’s Place
The Boathouse
Morimoto
Newt
That all came from a post on the forums here. It was from a very early presentation, not sure if any of that will still be valid.

Jimmy Thick

So the ultimate plan is to make the whole thing nothing more than a regular shopping mall I can go to right around the block where I live?

Ok, Iam lost here, I can understand the chain restaurants but if I go to Disney World and at DS sits a Radio Shack, something is amiss.

Jimmy Thick- Disney shoppes only please.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So the ultimate plan is to make the whole thing nothing more than a regular shopping mall I can go to right around the block where I live?

Ok, Iam lost here, I can understand the chain restaurants but if I go to Disney World and at DS sits a Radio Shack, something is amiss.

Jimmy Thick- Disney shoppes only please.
No the ultimate plan is to make it a nothing like your regular shopping mall. The vendors are going to be unique offerings, and where they are found elsewhere, they will be flagship versions. It should also be a beautiful environment, something that your regular mall is not.

You won't be finding a Radio Shack that's for sure.

71jason

Original Poster
Trader Sams!!!! My Favorite Disney Bar (Tiki Bar that is). I don't care if they put this at DS or the Poly redo, just put it somewhere in Florida.

Again, very old rumor, and multiple entries on the list have been discredited.

That said, there's a fairly credible rumor that Trader Sams will be going into the Poly as part of the resort re-do. Like for Tikiman's thread on the Poly for more info.

rd805

Ryan, did you mean "why they aren't using internally staffed and stocked stores?" If that's your question, my answer would be that Disney has been on an outsourcing jag for a while. Externally owned and run food and drink providers (think Starbucks), and retailers are very attractive due to lower costs and liabilities.

Truth! My image of the new Disney Springs has almost been like a little ol' mickey town. Until now though, i really haven't looked too much into it. Thanks for your help!

SirLink

Don't want to corrupt the construction thread, so starting this one, for news/rumors of what might be coming to the new DTD.

King Bob buried a couple updates/rumors in his Save PI blog I'm surprised no one else picked up on ...

First, American Girl Place--rumored to be "SF Girl" on the "leaked" blueprints and I believe featured on the proposed logo board as well--is now confirmed to be coming to Florida Mall. Given there are only 15 in the country, it seems likely the Mall has some sort of exclusivity deal. Was Disney Springs rent simply too high?

Relationships are getting tense.

GiveMeTheMusic

I'd be shocked if In-N-Out was coming. They would have to establish a distribution center there and begin building other locations in the region - they only use fresh ingredients, and their recent expansion into Texas took forever because of the way they set up their business.

And just because of the OP's wording:

GWhsXoe.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom