The Sorcerer's Apprentice - Season 1

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
I understand this is not my place, but it conflicts with my challenge. I am planning to begin on Friday and I am not willing to move it at all. Team Fantasy has made significant progress this week and if I was Jdm I would say no; even to vacation days. Both Teams have been allotted the same time and I should not have to move my challenge simply because one team did not progress as much as the other. Sorry if it sounds means I'm just annoyed.
Sam, I am allowing Vacation Days. And I have no idea why you are annoyed. From the time you decided to make a contest you said you would do it after mine. Patience is a virtue.

WED99

HELPFUL TIP: If your team chooses to use a lot of Vacation Days, it will factor into the outlook on your product. Utilize them wisely...
Um, why? Thats ridiculous. We want to provide a better product so we will ask for more days, but then we get penalised?

I understand this is not my place, but it conflicts with my challenge. I am planning to begin on Friday and I am not willing to move it at all. Team Fantasy has made significant progress this week and if I was Jdm I would say no; even to vacation days. Both Teams have been allotted the same time and I should not have to move my challenge simply because one team did not progress as much as the other. Sorry if it sounds means I'm just annoyed.
Well we're not doing it but you should have allocated Vacation days when planning. I don't want to blow a competition I've been doing for months for a challenge that hasn't even started yet.

Sam Magic

Um, why? Thats ridiculous. We want to provide a better product so we will ask for more days, but then we get penalised?

Well we're not doing it but you should have allocated Vacation days when planning. I don't want to blow a competition I've been doing for months for a challenge that hasn't even started yet.
WED I completely understand that your team needs time to work which is why during the pre-challenge (yes my tournament began) I offered more time so those in Team Magic could finish this competition and begin mine. Yet at the same time the other team should not have to wait for Magic to fouinish when they are more then ready. As you all said it's about Quality NOT Quantity so if your park is great and well described I doubt the Jdm will pit it against you if you don't have fancy graphics or a video. Work on as much as you can now and come Monday turn in what you have in the best way you can.

WED99

WED I completely understand that your team needs time to work which is why during the pre-challenge (yes my tournament began) I offered more time so those in Team Magic could finish this competition and begin mine. Yet at the same time the other team should not have to wait for Magic to fouinish when they are more then ready. As you all said it's about Quality NOT Quantity so if your park is great and well described I doubt the Jdm will pit it against you if you don't have fancy graphics or a video. Work on as much as you can now and come Monday turn in what you have in the best way you can.
Vacation days are a fair component of the competition and have been used by both teams every challenge. The fact jdm has decided to frown upon them this challenge is clearly an attempt to avoid conflict with you, something he shouldn't have to worry about.

Sam Magic

Vacation days are a fair component of the competition and have been used by both teams every challenge. The fact jdm has decided to frown upon them this challenge is clearly an attempt to avoid conflict with you, something he shouldn't have to worry about.
Jdm made his decision before my comment. Maybe if Magic had actually turned in some proposals instead of using vacation days to do nothing he would be more flexible in his decision.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Um, why? Thats ridiculous. We want to provide a better product so we will ask for more days, but then we get penalised?.
It's not in that vain. I simply don't want to drag this competition out too long. Think about it this way. If Imagineering has two different groups of guys, and gives both of them a prompt to complete by a certain due date, and one group finishes it in proper time while the others request more time, it won't be the same, though it still might be amazing. I didn't say if this occurred the team using VDs would lose or be completely dissed for doing so. If it is truly amazing work you will be rewarded. Sorry, if this makes you feel like I'm being forced into decisions.

Sam Magic

WED the purpose of a due date; like many have said is to complete something amazing in a limited ammount of time. Sure anyone could create something amazing in a month or two, but to truly test your abilities limited time is given. In real life we have due dates and we are penalized for not meeting them. The same with the competition.

Matt7187

Jdm made his decision before my comment. Maybe if Magic had actually turned in some proposals instead of using vacation days to do nothing he would be more flexible in his decision.
Sam, you should really shut up. You act like Magic is so horrible because you were eliminated. You are acting really immature and need to grow up.

Sam Magic

Sam, you should really shut up. You act like Magic is so horrible because you were eliminated. You are acting really immature and need to grow up.
That's not it at all. I understand at times I seem like a jerk; I am not trying to be one, nor do I hold a grudge against this team. I am simply frustrated that this is happening. The entire point of a comp. is to make something amazing in a short time period, a two or four day extension to maybe spiffy up the presentation makes sense not an almost three week one. I want to see what this team can create in four days, because I know it will be absolutely breathtaking like last week and the different challenges.

WED99

The problem is VD have been a major part of the challenge and now when they're needed most they become a problem.

Team Magic is using 7 Vacation days.

Penalize us if you want, we're handing in this park to a quality I believe is required.

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Okay.
Finale Challenge is now due Monday, October 28, 2013 at 9 PM EAT. REMEMBER, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TURN IN YOUR CONCEPT BEFORE THE DEADLINE IF YOU FINISH.

Sam Magic

Okay.
Finale Challenge is now due Monday, October 28, 2013 at 9 PM EAT. REMEMBER, YOU ARE ALLOWED TO TURN IN YOUR CONCEPT BEFORE THE DEADLINE IF YOU FINISH.
Jdm this does conflict with my tournament and Magic does have some participants that are in mine. What about Thursday the 24th?

jdmdisney99

Original Poster
Jdm this does conflict with my tournament and Magic does have some participants that are in mine. What about Thursday the 24th?
They used 7 and I have to be fair. Also, the contestants also competing in your tournament decided on this themselves, and they will have more work to do because of this. Do not worry, they can do both.

Sam Magic

They used 7 and I have to be fair. Also, the contestants also competing in your tournament decided on this themselves, and they will have more work to do because of this. Do not worry, they can do both.
Okay, I trust them and I can't wait to see what magic does.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom