Chef Remy's last day October 24

prberk

Remy was really well done, enjoyed seeing it.

Honestly, I wasn't sure it was the right place for something like that - I always imagined Chefs to be a little more of an "adult" experience (even though nothing really is anymore).

But, it worked nicely.

That would all make sense if they were building the Remy ride from DLRP back behind the pavilion....and while I was never a fan of Disney film characters in EPCOT, this exampled seemed to make sense... So much more than the Princess Hostile Takeover of Akershus...
A sweet little show. a magical little unexpected moment. Sad to lose it.

I have never seen it -- largely because I have only been able to afford that restaurant one time. But I do think that that restaurant is largely an adult experience anyhow, as was the orginal Alfredo's in Italy. I am looking for that part of EPCOT and WDW to be a touch of real France (or Italy or Germany) that should not have cartoons in it. While it may have been nicely done, and a good tie-in to the movie, the movie is old now and maybe it is just the right time to bring the restaurant back to the more authentic experience of a French restaurant without an obvious reminder that you are really only in Disney World.

rd805

That would all make sense if they were building the Remy ride from DLRP back behind the pavilion....and while I was never a fan of Disney film characters in EPCOT, this exampled seemed to make sense... So much more than the Princess Hostile Takeover of Akershus...
A sweet little show. a magical little unexpected moment. Sad to lose it.

One of my highlights from my trip 2 years ago was a dinner w/ this experience. Perfect mix of Disney/Epcot.

rodserling27

What the hell. Why? This is one of the cooler remaining "magical" gems left at Epcot. Dammit, I loved that little dude.
I'll let Jack White sum up my anger in a song:

pumpkin7

That's pretty bad. Surely he wasn't using up that many $$$$ ?? Unless it's for some other reason... but this is TDO so lets just assume it's the $$$$.

ToTBellHop

Is he going to WDSP? I was surprised to read he was still there, I thought they got rid of him a while ago, like all of the things we can 'try out' but never get to keep (Lucky, Muppet Mobile Lab) all which would have fit perfectly in our parks but nooooo .... lol

Never experienced him, but another 'little touch' goes away, whether you liked Remy or not.
Put differently, someone else got them as sloppy seconds.

scarr13311

Awwe they are getting rid of Remy too bad. We dine at Le Chefs everytime we go to Epcot one of our favorites, was always fun to see Remy and the guest always enjoyed taking pictures of him sorry to see him go :(:( Disney should keep Remy and spend the money they think they are saving to get rid of the flys that are in the restaurant. Last time we ate there we enjoyed the food but because they keep front doors open there was a bunch of flies flying around. :eek::eek:

Last edited:

Ignohippo

This is a shame.

If the restaurant doesn't want to pay for him, TDO needs to make him available as a meet & greet somewhere else.

Good heavens, if they would simply sell Remy finger puppets (on a tray like the one here) they'd probably sell enough to make up for the cost of the actor!

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
I don't believe it's going out in a limb to say the restaurant could afford to keep this entertainment ongoing. More chipping away....

PhotoDave219

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom