Magic Bands for all resorts starting October 23rd.

mcompanik

Original Poster
Not sure if this was reported, but I just got off the phone with Guest Services and the cast member told me that Magic Bands will be rolled out at all the resorts starting October 23rd.

doctornick

The real question is how long regular FP will be in service, allowing guests to "double dip" for Fastpasses. I would assume they have to keep it around at least until everyone, including day guests, are switched to FP+

ExtinctJenn

As a note... while I've seen this reported by a few folks, I've also seen reported that for those checking-in in December, it'll be open 28 days before arrival (which contradicts the 10/23) date. I'm curious to see which it is.

pmaljr

Yep, we got ours for CSprings for the week of 11/9-11/17 in the mail yesterday. Can't wait to give them a go. Stuff is planned online for every day, at least tentatively. We'll see how they actually work then.

Admiral01

Premium Member
I know some people have had negative things to say about the Magic Bands but I'm actually excited to test it out for myself in April.

I felt the same way. We checked into CSR yesterday. Magic Bands didn't work to open the room. So, we used our regular Key to the World card. Went back to check-in, where the MBs were both re-coded. Then, one did work, but the other still didn't.

This morning, got a NEW set of MBs, neither work to open the room door even though they are linked to my reservation in the My Disney Experience section of my profile.

What an incredible waste of money. $1.5B for this? Seriously?

mattdenine

I felt the same way. We checked into CSR yesterday. Magic Bands didn't work to open the room. So, we used our regular Key to the World card. Went back to check-in, where the MBs were both re-coded. Then, one did work, but the other still didn't.

This morning, got a NEW set of MBs, neither work to open the room door even though they are linked to my reservation in the My Disney Experience section of my profile.

What an incredible waste of money. $1.5B for this? Seriously?

I hope all the kinks are worked out by April but I would also assume they would work all the kinks out before a full roll out. I can see how not being able to get into your room could become frustrating.

Steve1005

I'm going down in February. When the trip was booked my resort wasn't part of the testing faze, so now that it is, how would I get my bands? Should I be getting an email from disney or something like that? I just wanna try it all out, plus I know my daughter will want one of the princess bands.

ExtinctJenn

I'm going down in February. When the trip was booked my resort wasn't part of the testing faze, so now that it is, how would I get my bands? Should I be getting an email from disney or something like that? I just wanna try it all out, plus I know my daughter will want one of the princess bands.
You may want to check some of the other threads on this topic but the short version is that this 10/23 thing looks like it is really just when they open for testing (that ends 11/30) and the full roll-out still hasn't been announced. I'm checking-in in 47 days and still cannot. That said, those in testing seemed to be able to around the 45-60 day mark.

Steve1005

You may want to check some of the other threads on this topic but the short version is that this 10/23 thing looks like it is really just when they open for testing (that ends 11/30) and the full roll-out still hasn't been announced. I'm checking-in in 47 days and still cannot. That said, those in testing seemed to be able to around the 45-60 day mark.
Oooohohhhh. Ok. I read that as that's when everyone would be abke to start using them. Thank you! :)

Steve1005

ExtinctJenn post: 5759902 said:
As did I... at first. :D
Maybe I just got really excited. I don't care that the system might be flawed. I think its a pretty cool concept and would actually welcome being one of the guinea pigs for it. Then again, maybe I'm just strange. :cyclops:

ExtinctJenn

Totally off topic, but how cool would it be if in addition to the MB colors, guests could choose a resort-specific MagicBand design?

I know it won't happen. But a girl can dream. :)
Hey anything is possible I'd suppose! Though I'd betcha you're more likely to see it as a gibbit you can add later for $X. :)

Steve1005

You think this is the last round of testing for this so it can be in full use by the new year? I mean, they've been saying that it should be by the end of 2013, but we all know how useful expectation dates are with Disney.

SteveAZee

For those interested, I was told I couldn't do FP+ until 28 days ahead of my reservation... and so far, that seems to be true. I'll be checking into OKW on November 15th (so 28 days prior is October 18th, i.e. this Friday) and OKW is currently part of the FP+ testing. When I go into MDE it won't let me make reservations even though I've linked valid passes to my account. Assuming all goes well, I SHOULD be able to make FP+ reservations in two days... we'll see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom