Club Cool Closing? (FALSE RUMOR)

Seabasealpha1

But Club Cool is just a marketing operation for Coca Cola. They could make much better use of that space.
Agreed whole-heartedly... The Coca Cola company doesn't even make Beverly (it has been discontinued...) mainstream any longer...

I'll admit that the first time I set foot in there and tried it it was really cool and I had great appreciation for it. But to be honest, now I just walk in for perhaps a quick drink and I try to get past the fact that the floor is perpetually sticky and that yes, it is just a big plug space for Coca Cola. There's like nothing there I want to buy usually and to be even more honest, it'd be cool to do international drink testing perhaps INSIDE the world showcase instead of just kinda stuck in somewhere... besides, I cannot any longer scam my wife into drinking Beverly...which also saddens me...

Ice cream would be welcomed by me. I was kinda sad when they turned Fountainview into a Starbucks location. Though, I'll admit it looks nice and I'm sure people will (and do) love it. So, ice cream in Futureworld could be good. However, there is also the ice cream parlor in France on the WS side...so, maybe this won't happen...I dunno...

I propose a tentacle stand...ala Roller Coaster Tycoon...;)

lazyboy97o

I think an old fashion soda counter might work with ice cream and a tie in with Ghirardelli. Actually have soda jerks etc. I think with enough going on it would be a fairly busy place?????? Unique experience with unique merchandise, hmm Disney might not go for all that uniqueness.
Is a place described as "old fashion" really all that appropriate for Future World?

Dasnowz

There is nothing anyplace I can look saying its closing. I don't work with/ or near anything Epcot though so...I can see hours of operation for it a long way out so I would guess its not closing anytime soon.

midwest_mice

If this goes, it would be a shame. I always enjoy a little freebie shot. I have visited the Atlanta Coke tour and it was very similar to Club Cool.

ABQ

Yeah, I think an "old fashioned" soda fountain belongs on Main Street USA if anywhere.
Correct, thematically, it has business in Futureworld, and as others have said, there are so many other goodies to try just further south in the World Showcase. But as even more others have said, I won't miss the sticky movie theatre like floor of Club Cool. yuck.

71jason

A lot of talk re: World of Coke having a similar set-up. Wasn't there an early rumor that there would be a World of Coke in Disney Springs? Possibly connected, i.e. a relocation?

ChevisMickey

I'm sorry if this comes across insanely rude....

I fail to see how bad soda, sticky floors and horrid club music is something you can develop an emotional attachment to. I just don't.....

As soon as my DD was able to, she would spin and dance to the music. Take a break sipping a soda. Spin and dance to the music. Take a break sipping a soda. Spi... We taped her for a good ten minutes the first time she got up out of her stroller and did this. I have it saved somewhere, just not with me now. She is only 6 and still does it every trip, so she'll miss it if this happens.

JerseyDad

.....would Starbucks be completely happy that an establishment like Ghirardelli would be opening right next door?

....the Ghirardelli in DtD ....has ...without a doubt ...some of the BEST coffee in Disney. I'm not talking about all the pretentious coffee "drinks" that Starbucks sells ...I mean ...real coffee (and espresso). And....they have hot chocolate and hot chocolate type drinks ....as well as Caffé Latte, Cappuccino, Caffé Mocha, Caramel Latte ....and a few others ...plus several shakes that eclipse anything that Starbucks churns up.

Ignohippo

I'm sorry if this comes across insanely rude....

I fail to see how bad soda, sticky floors and horrid club music is something you can develop an emotional attachment to. I just don't.....

It's a third party sponsored location that would be replaced by..... A third party sponsored location With hot fudge and whipped cream.

Simply because it was a truly unique experience, and one that you could have fun with family and friends trying new things. The fact that it's completely free is fantastic as well.

I agree that it could be in half the space, cleaner, and a better atmosphere, but it's sad that another unique attraction at WDW may be closing.

baymenxpac

i'd be down with this.

also: my ex gf was the only person i ever saw that tasted beverly and, not only didn't spit it up, but actually liked it. of course, she was the worst human being ever, so maybe there's some kind of correlation!

JerseyDad

i'd be down with this.

also: my ex gf was the only person i ever saw that tasted beverly and, not only didn't spit it up, but actually liked it. of course, she was the worst human being ever, so maybe there's some kind of correlation!

...the Beverly is DELICIOUS!! It tastes like a soda version of Campari liquor ...which is ...DELICIOUS!!

I dunno what to think about this...

In my case, a visit to EPCOT is not complete without a visit to Club Cool. Not to try out the different drinks, but JUST to get the Japan drink, VegitaBeta. It's the "EPCOT Drink" to me, because it appears to be the only place you can get it easily. I'd be greatly disappointed if it went away, as it would feel like part of the EPCOT I know would be missing.

That said, I realize my point of view is extremely biased, and Disney would be silly to keep this going for much longer. They're giving drinks away for free after all! And Ghirardelli is my favorite chocolate place... EVER, so it would be a worthy replacement. Even though they already have one in Downtown Disney not to far away.

I think overall it's an improvement for the park. But I will be very sad if this is true... :(

the-reason14

I can see it going away, I'm kind of surprised it's been there for so long. I too will miss getting my favorite drink, fanta strawberry, and filling up my empty water bottles with it. Oh well, it was nice while it lasted.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom