Club Cool Closing? (FALSE RUMOR)

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I think a good compromise would be to move the sodas to world showcase and offer them in the pavilions appropriately. Though I doubt anyone would buy a big gulp sized Beverly.
You would be surprised. My sister in law was born and raised in Italy and she absolutely loves the stuff.

duchess1

That would be a shame - one of my favorite memories from our trip was tricking my teen daughter into drinking Beverly. Priceless.

WDWFan_Boston

My first and only taste of Beverly...

14feb6-bitter-beer-face.jpg

Ignohippo

I'd buy most of the drinks there if they sold them. They are throwing away money by not doing it.

Agreed! I've always been surprised they didn't sell cans of the sodas there. They could even put together custom six-packs and let people choose which flavors they want and how many of each.

A merchandising opportunity totally lost.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Club Cool is blatant advertising for CocaCola. I can't see how people who are upset about Starbucks (I am not) are not upset about the existence of Club Cool.

As for me, I like Club Cool because it offers free pop. I like free stuff. Other than that, the place seemed completely wrong. It's just a sponsor's store, and outside of offering the round the world beverages, they did nothing interesting with the opportunity, like actually sell the beverage from around the world. If you want to have some examples of sponsor's products around the world, do it right. If you just want to sell coca cola shirts, open a store in Disney Springs and free up Epcot space for something better. A Ghriardeli shop isn't exactly the most exciting thing in the world, but if they pass out free chocolates like the marketplace location, and have the same excellent soda fountain creations, it works.

PhilharMagician

The fact that some flavors are missing on some machines and not others has been common on all of my visits to Club Cool or even Ice Station Cool over the years. So I would not use this as a reason for it to close.

On the other hand having Ghirardelli there would be a nice addition. I am still sitting in a corner crying over the loss of the Fountain View Ice Cream. I really enjoyed sitting outside at a table with the family and an ice cream cookie sandwich while watching the fountain performance.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The fact that some flavors are missing on some machines and not others has been common on all of my visits to Club Cool or even Ice Station Cool over the years. So I would not use this as a reason for it to close.

On the other hand having Ghirardelli there would be a nice addition. I am still sitting in a corner crying over the loss of the Fountain View Ice Cream. I really enjoyed sitting outside at a table with the family and an ice cream cookie sandwich while watching the fountain performance.
Yep it has certainly been the case that there have been missing flavors for years now on some machines. It does not seem like it is a priority to keep them all in working order.

PhilharMagician

Yep it has certainly been the case that there have been missing flavors for years now on some machines. It does not seem like it is a priority to keep them all in working order.

To be honest, why would it? It is a free offering and makes no money. I would not doubt it that having Club Cool is some sort of requirement in the WDW beverage contract between TDO and the Coca Cola Company.

pixargal

But Club Cool is just a marketing operation for Coca Cola. They could make much better use of that space.
Yes, the in your face Coke products are obvious and I've had to talk my son out of buying the over priced items in there, but it's still fun. Out of all the things to do in Epcot, Living with the Land and Club Cool are our family's must dos. Go figure!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member

It seems to be rather extreme as of late. In the past it was not uncommon to see one or two flavors out of order, but on our last few trips there were machines that had nothing but Beverly and ginger ale.

YankeeMouse

Was there twice the past month, they had all the flavors. I'll miss the free China flavor but never bought a thing there so this is understandable. Would enjoy not having to go to DTD for a Ghirardelli fix though.

wdwfan4ver

I have a hard to believing this rumor at this point because Epcot has L'artisan Des Glaces in the France Pavilion for buying Ice Cream instead of Fountain view.

While I am a fan of Ghirardelli's at DTD, I really question if Epcot is allowed to have 2 different ice cream places . The fact is would Ghirardelli's allow L'artian Des Glaces be open in the France Pavillion since L'artian Des Glaces serves ice cream.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom