Dream Rotational Dining

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
Hi guys,
My family and I are taking a three night Bahamian cruise this coming December on the the Dream. My wife and I want to dine at Remy. So my understanding is that we can skip one of the meals for Remy and as long as its not animators palate, we can do that restaurant for breakfast. Which meal should we miss? This is our first cruise, so we are both a little nervous and excited.
Thanks!

jme

Well, that leaves you with missing out on either Enchanted Garden, or Royal Palace. I assume you will be dining at one or the other for breakfast to experience the restaurant (decor, theme, etc.). They both have the same menu for breakfast - so what it really comes down to, is the dinner menus - which is going to be a very personal choice for anyone. I would say, your best bet is to compare the dinner menus between those two, and see which one you're more willing to miss out on.

http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/dining/royal-palace/menu/
http://disneycruise.disney.go.com/ships-activities/ships/dream/dining/enchanted-garden/menu/

Both have GREAT quality of food, so it's just a matter of which one sounds more appetizing to you. Personally I enjoy Royal Palace more, food-wise...

And remember - you can order more than one appetizer/entree. In fact I usually get one of each app, and sometimes two entrees. Not because I'm a glutton (well, maybe a little) but because I have such a hard time choosing between the options. You aren't obligated to finish it all

Mrs.Skellington

I meant to ask you in the car about you how felt about the food. I remember you were worried about it not being flavorful enough for you. I guess it was a non issue for you. :)
Pirate meal was very lacking due to my food allergies. Apparently they use a lot of coconut products in everything from whipped cream to red beans. That was my biggest issue. I am not telling them that one when I go back. I can always take benedryl if I have a problem. Main one is mushrooms. Deathly allergic to them. Other than that, I would say the food was amazing.

iloverags2

Royal Palace is my least favorite menu, I'm afraid to say. Of course, I'm vegetarian so all the menu's are truly lacking there...but RP had the least to choose from. :-/

sweetpee_1993

On a 3-night it's hard to say. I'd just make sure I wasn't in Animator's for Pirate Night so you can get the actual Animator's menu. This is, however, from the girl who just got off the Fantasy and ate in a MDR only once.... o_O

iloverags2

On a 3-night it's hard to say. I'd just make sure I wasn't in Animator's for Pirate Night so you can get the actual Animator's menu. This is, however, from the girl who just got off the Fantasy and ate in a MDR only once.... o_O

Thankfully on the 3-night you will get the regular menu in all of the dining rooms. Pirate Night menu is not featured, but folks dress up in Pirate gear still for the evening!

Maelstrom Troll

Original Poster
So I think what we will do then is to sub out the Royal Palace for breakfast for a Remy dinner. I'm so psyched about this. I have heard that the food at Remy is to die for! When are we able to pick our nights for dinner or is this assigned? Do I just make a reservation for Remy and then pick the night on the ship? Sorry, I'm a total cruise noob!

Disneyfalcon

So I think what we will do then is to sub out the Royal Palace for breakfast for a Remy dinner. I'm so psyched about this. I have heard that the food at Remy is to die for! When are we able to pick our nights for dinner or is this assigned? Do I just make a reservation for Remy and then pick the night on the ship? Sorry, I'm a total cruise noob!

You won't be able to pick your nights for dinner. Your rotation is assigned and you'll find it out when you arrive at the port.
What you can do is pick a night for Remy, and once you find out your rotation, if there's a conflict with your desires, go try to change Remy or the rotation after boarding. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom