April 2014 Band Trip - MyMagic+?

DTale

Original Poster
As a pixie-dust snorter, I'm extremely concerned about the upcoming trip my band will be taking to Disney World. My band direction is booking our trip through a travel agent, but how will Wristbands and FastPass+ work? I will be extremely aggravated if I can't get Fastpass+ for the trip.

MouseDreaming

As a pixie-dust snorter, I'm extremely concerned about the upcoming trip my band will be taking to Disney World. My band direction is booking our trip through a travel agent, but how will Wristbands and FastPass+ work? I will be extremely aggravated if I can't get Fastpass+ for the trip.
My son's band will be there this December at a very busy time of year, and I've been wondering how it will affect them, too. It looks like it shouldn't this trip, but for other groups, I do wonder how this will "work".

lilclerk

Wow, great question. I wonder if they'll be able to give you a reservation number for your room. That way you could log into mydisneyexperience.com and set everything up.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
What specifically are you concerned about?

DTale

Original Poster
You can group people together so that shouldn't be a problem.
Yes, but how am I going to link my resort to my account? Wouldn't it be for the 50+ people attending? Does the travel agent have this information for us, or is my band director just going to think I'm crazy.

Tom

Beta Return
Yes, but how am I going to link my resort to my account? Wouldn't it be for the 50+ people attending? Does the travel agent have this information for us, or is my band director just going to think I'm crazy.

Each and every person visiting WDW can (and should) create their own My Disney Experience account online, and then add the app to their smart phones.

Then, you can link your own room and dining reservations to your MDE account. You can also add people as "Friends and Family" through the account, by linking them via their e-mail address. Once both parties have accepted the connection, your plans will be shared.

I wouldn't recommend that everyone adds all 50 people to their profiles, since it's not likely that you'll all be doing everything together (maybe you are, but it's almost certain that groups will split off and do their own things). So, that way, each clique can setup their own little group and link the things Disney allows you to link.

Or you can just keep your profile completely solo and book your own FP+. And if you want to do things with others, just have them get a FP+ in the same window of time. That would be simplest.

The key is that your travel agent needs to provide you with your actual reservation and confirmation numbers. They should provide you this information without hesitation.

DTale

Original Poster
Each and every person visiting WDW can (and should) create their own My Disney Experience account online, and then add the app to their smart phones.

Then, you can link your own room and dining reservations to your MDE account. You can also add people as "Friends and Family" through the account, by linking them via their e-mail address. Once both parties have accepted the connection, your plans will be shared.

I wouldn't recommend that everyone adds all 50 people to their profiles, since it's not likely that you'll all be doing everything together (maybe you are, but it's almost certain that groups will split off and do their own things). So, that way, each clique can setup their own little group and link the things Disney allows you to link.

Or you can just keep your profile completely solo and book your own FP+. And if you want to do things with others, just have them get a FP+ in the same window of time. That would be simplest.

The key is that your travel agent needs to provide you with your actual reservation and confirmation numbers. They should provide you this information without hesitation.

Alright, thank you. Hopefully my band director will understand when I ask for the confirmation numbers...

Tom

Beta Return
Alright, thank you. Hopefully my band director will understand when I ask for the confirmation numbers...

I don't know where you're staying or when you're going, so you may not actually be participating in FP+...just wanted to disclaim that.

But yes, if you're wanting to be able to use MDE and any other features that ARE available to you, you'll definitely need to get your room's confirmation number and add it to your online account. And I assume they've gotten you some kind of tickets, which is going to be the tricky part if they're not part of a package.

To be eligible to book any FP+ reservations, you have to have a ticket linked to your account. You either accomplish this by having them as part of a package (8-character conf number), or having the separate tickets in your possession so you can link their serial numbers.

I don't think Disney has completely thought through group bookings and how they'll work with MDE/MM+, so if you find anything out, please share your findings here :)

DTale

Original Poster
I don't know where you're staying or when you're going, so you may not actually be participating in FP+...just wanted to disclaim that.

But yes, if you're wanting to be able to use MDE and any other features that ARE available to you, you'll definitely need to get your room's confirmation number and add it to your online account. And I assume they've gotten you some kind of tickets, which is going to be the tricky part if they're not part of a package.

To be eligible to book any FP+ reservations, you have to have a ticket linked to your account. You either accomplish this by having them as part of a package (8-character conf number), or having the separate tickets in your possession so you can link their serial numbers.

I don't think Disney has completely thought through group bookings and how they'll work with MDE/MM+, so if you find anything out, please share your findings here :)

Well, I'm just assuming by April MyMagic+ will be at all resorts. We'll be staying at one of the three lovely All-Star resorts... Our last trip we had our room key and a separate park ticket... I'm assuming if this is still the case they could both be linked to MDX as long as I have the confirmation number for both? Last time we didn't get our park tickets until we arrived at the hotel...

Tom

Beta Return
Well, I'm just assuming by April MyMagic+ will be at all resorts. We'll be staying at one of the three lovely All-Star resorts... Our last trip we had our room key and a separate park ticket... I'm assuming if this is still the case they could both be linked to MDX as long as I have the confirmation number for both? Last time we didn't get our park tickets until we arrived at the hotel...

Yes, by then, the system should be in full operation (unless something goes drastically wrong). And hopefully they have everything figured out for large groups as well.

You'll need to have your ticket in advance, so you can link it to your account, and earn FP+ booking privileges. At least that's how it works right now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom