Grand Flordian Construction 2014

weedles

Original Poster
Hi All. I apologize if this has been covered already, I searched and didnt see anything.

Apparently there is additional construction of some time planned at GF next year and for the life of me I cant figure out what it could entail besides possible room rehabs ?

This information came from DTFW (not a bus driver ;) ) this morning. A friend of mine is getting married at the WP in may 2014 and was contacted by her planner this morning to advise her against including GF in her room block. The reason was that construction would be happening spring-summer there and it may effect their stay.

She has a private event booked for Sago Cay and was told "no construction would be in the view between there and MK" not that that means it couldnt be next to them....

The planner said that their department was just advised of this and no more specific details were available.

Soooo does anyone have any idea what additional work could be coming up over there??
I cringe to think of all the brides last year that had no idea what their $$$$ view around the WP was going to actually be.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Interesting. I have not heard of anything big going on there in 2014. Of course, there is always the nearby Poly DVC work that is expected in 2014. Anyone else know anything?

Bolt

Soooo does anyone have any idea what additional work could be coming up over there??
I cringe to think of all the brides last year that had no idea what their $$$$ view around the WP was going to actually be.

To be fair, every bride was told about the construction. It's actually how the first stages of construction were leaked.

weedles

Original Poster
To be fair, every bride was told about the construction. It's actually how the first stages of construction were leaked.

My apologies. I didnt think it was widespread knowledge in the beginning.

I get the Poly but the way it was expressed was more like a stay would be affected (thus GF) rather than views (Poly).
Im stumped.

Jonathan Woolf

Well we are staying at the GF for the first time in July/August 14 and hope we are not paying for building works - certainly we haven't been alerted to this in our bookings

weedles

Original Poster
This might be the reason why if you look at the first two weeks of August 2014 you cannot book any Gardenview room at the grand Floridian.

Interesting...Didnt know that and seems pretty odd a year out.

ETA: Playing around on the ressie site from May through August every week has at least one room category unavailable. Good idea @durangojim!! So seems its nothing more than room renos. Odd they would shy groups away from staying bc of that but I guess would make sense if room inventory would be lower.

Ok so nothing interesting here :oops:

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom