Princess Fairy Tale Hall

yellowb

It's remarkable how quickly they've been able to transform a classic ride into a meet and greet!

It really wasn't that quick, was it? It closed in late May last year, and it isn't re-opening until September. They just had to re-imagine the interior, but didn't have to create a ride to go in there. We could never figure out why it wasn't ready by summer.

Captain Chaos

It's remarkable how quickly they've been able to transform a classic ride into a meet and greet!
Not really.. What is remarkable is knocking down an entire building, and constructing a giant E ticket ride all within one year... This is a cheap meet and greet and it STILL took Disney over a year.... Nothing remarkable about this...

mm52200

The thing is though these high capacity meet and greet locations aren't the cheapest operationally to operate correct? SWSA took probably 5 or 6 ops cast members, while Princess Fairytale Hall will require ops cast members, character attendants, Photopass photographers, the multiple friends of all the princesses. Sure it might be a cheaper investment and cheaper to maintain but operationally it's more expensive.

asianway

The thing is though these high capacity meet and greet locations aren't the cheapest operationally to operate correct? SWSA took probably 5 or 6 ops cast members, while Princess Fairytale Hall will require ops cast members, character attendants, Photopass photographers, the multiple friends of all the princesses. Sure it might be a cheaper investment and cheaper to maintain but operationally it's more expensive.
It certainly does, and it sucks entertainment budget dollars from everywhere wlse

mm52200

It certainly does, and it sucks entertainment budget dollars from everywhere wlse
This is my biggest pet peeve, that Imagineering and TDO create all of these additional character experiences like for the FLE, ETWB, Ariel's Grotto, Pete's Silly Sideshow, and now Princess Fairytale Hall yet they don't expand the entertainment budget correct???

asianway

This is my biggest pet peeve, that Imagineering and TDO create all of these additional character experiences like for the FLE, ETWB, Ariel's Grotto, Pete's Silly Sideshow, and now Princess Fairytale Hall yet they don't expand the entertainment budget correct???
Not that I've seen-all ftes have been a one for one swap the past year or so

TRONorail10

I see where you are going with this, but in the end, it's still cheaper than any type of ride attraction in the long run. One thing a lot of people forget is that each cast member role comes from a different line of business budget: Princesses & Character Attendants = Entertainment, Photopass = DPI, Queue Line and Entrance Attendants = Attractions. While it will cost a little bit more everyday to pay CM's, the money they are saving on mechanical and show maintenance completely outweighs it in the end. Heck, it costs a couple thousand dollars just to replace a trash can at Disney World.

Marc Gil

I'm actually kind of excited for this M&G to open, only because I hate to see construction tarps while walking through Fantasyland. Not very magical at all. It's nice for the princesses to have one big meet and greet. I'm all for interactive experiences when it comes to this sort of stuff, and I've always had a soft spot for the characters. This M&G should be interesting.

Gorjus

As for the SWSA space, I agree with others that it should have been used for another ride if they didn't want to keep SWSA. They could have build the Fairytale Hall in the area of the Fairytale Garden (where Merida currently meets) instead if they wanted a permanent M&G location for the princesses.
It closed in late May last year, and it isn't re-opening until September. They just had to re-imagine the interior, but didn't have to create a ride to go in there. We could never figure out why it wasn't ready by summer.

You all may not be aware of the incredible amount of space it takes to do an indoor meet and greet. Some of you may know. Some may suspect all that it involves. In no efficient way is the Fairytale Garden area remotely large enough for a princess meet and greet. Also, there is a lot more to it than re-imagining the interior. A lot will go into making the line a reasonable wait time; one that won't frustrate people to wait in, but one that will give people time to be off the streets. Hopefully they have learned some lessons from Toon Town and Town Square Theater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom