Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

flynnibus

Premium Member
Or, I think that's what this says

Simple translation - simply a service and architecture designed to facilitate all these different needs/apps... and included having to reverse engineer (basically.. recreate without having the original design) existing functionality.

Doesn't say anything juicy really.. except some of the products they were using.. which isn't all that interesting to this audience.

I wouldn't read too much into 'clients' and 'partners' as used in that context... those are terms used to describe roles in the design... not so much in the sense of 'things being sold as customers', etc. Partners could easily be examples like Mears, Starwood, etc.. that need to interact with the system but within limited roles.

The Empress Lilly

Have fun moderating this thread yourselves - just don't complain about it. ;)
Thank you for all the time and effort you put in!

I moderate this other forum I hang out in. If there's one thing I learned, it is that somebody will be dissatisfied with something, regardless of what you decide. You can never win.
Don't let it get to you! The other thing every moderator knows - and hopefully every experienced forum dweller - is that without moderators, a forum will collapse into YouTube commentary standard within two days.

Last edited:

DougK

My guess is the mods do not want 1000 posts sending the Spirit our condolences but I really feel I have to send them anyway. I for one really appreciate what you do for us here Spirit, just like I appreciate Steve's website in general and, yes, even The Mom's attempts at keeping this all sane!

Like Spirit I recently had a personal loss and it might be a good time for all of us to remember that life is life and a Disney web site is, well, just a website. Let's be civil towards each other and we should all appreciate what we have and the relationships we have.

PhotoDave219

Q3 Financials are out.

All of this according to Jason Garcia....

• Disney fiscal Q3 profit up 1% to $1.8 billion on revenue up 4% to $11.6 billion. Parks were the biggest driver.
  • Disney Parks quarterly operating income up 9% to $689 million on revenue up 7% to $3.7 billion.
  • Guest spending, hotel occupancy and park attendance up at Disney World and Disneyland. MyMagic+ costs still weighing things down somewhat.

The Empress Lilly

Yes, that was my first reaction too when reading that.

No, in fact, my first reaction was that the EJB specification defines a set of lightweight APIs that an object container (the EJB container) will support in order to provide transactions (using JTA), remote procedure calls (using RMI or RMI-IIOP), concurrency control, dependency injection and acces control for business objects. This package contains the Enterprise JavaBeans classes and interfaces that define the contracts between the enterprise bean and its clients and between the enterprise bean and the ejb container.

nytimez

my-brain-hurts.jpg

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Yes, that was my first reaction too when reading that.

No, in fact, my first reaction was that the EJB specification defines a set of lightweight APIs that an object container (the EJB container) will support in order to provide transactions (using JTA), remote procedure calls (using RMI or RMI-IIOP), concurrency control, dependency injection and acces control for business objects. This package contains the Enterprise JavaBeans classes and interfaces that define the contracts between the enterprise bean and its clients and between the enterprise bean and the ejb container.

So the java beans are in the container but the beans might spill out if the container isn't big enough, got it........... o_O

raymusiccity

I deleted the ones arguing about the merits
of different movie directors, and posts about parks far from Orlando. Also personal messages back and forth. And the half dozen or so that are asking where the OP is. He has a life, and will post when he feels like it.
This thread has been given a lot of leeway, but sometimes the discussions go way too far afield.
Just trying to keep it somewhat related to News and Rumors, and not letting it sink too far into Chit Chat.
i agree. This is a Disney fan site....not Facebook.....

Captain Neo

If the parks are indeed the biggest profit driver why are they the most neglected of all the divisions of Disney?? All of the parks need consistent investments for new rides and frequent maintenance to keep everything running perfect. Oriental Land Company's standards should be the standard for Disney as well. It is a great shame to the legacy of Walt Disney and an insult to guests the way the Disney owned parks are operated.

Beholder

If the parks are indeed the biggest profit driver why are they the most neglected of all the divisions of Disney?? All of the parks need consistent investments for new rides and frequent maintenance to keep everything running perfect. Oriental Land Company's standards should be the standard for Disney as well. It is a great shame to the legacy of Walt Disney and an insult to guests the way the Disney owned parks are operated.

I agree completely, but I guess the way they look at it is, "well, it's making all this money, it must be ok!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom