New Marvel/Disney announcement at D23

Prince-1

Original Poster
Saw this on another non-Disney site.....

"ASK FOR SOMETHING WEIRD".

That's the mysterious joint Disney-Marvel teaser that's apparently leading up to an announcement of some kind at this coming week's D23 2013 Expo.

"This weekend, only at the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts pavilion during the Disney D23 2013 Expo, ask for something WEIRD and get your first look at an all-new project coming from Marvel & Disney!" reads the short announcement accompanying the image.

Sorry couldn't get the image. Any ideas or theories????? Maybe a new TV show or movie??

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Saw this on another non-Disney site.....

"ASK FOR SOMETHING WEIRD".

That's the mysterious joint Disney-Marvel teaser that's apparently leading up to an announcement of some kind at this coming week's D23 2013 Expo.

"This weekend, only at the Walt Disney Parks & Resorts pavilion during the Disney D23 2013 Expo, ask for something WEIRD and get your first look at an all-new project coming from Marvel & Disney!" reads the short announcement accompanying the image.

Sorry couldn't get the image. Any ideas or theories????? Maybe a new TV show or movie??

It's listed in the comic book news section of Marvel's site... http://marvel.com/news/story/20977/find_out_whats_weird_at_d23_expo_this_weekend

FigmentJedi

Five posts and nobody realizes that it's probably a Museum of the Weird comic book? I'm disappointed in you guys.

D23_UDC_MuseumWeird1.jpg

Bparso87

I think it has to do with doc strange r man-thing. It will end up disappointing us. If they announce dr strange movie it has been confirmed but not confirmed by fergie. He said that they want strange to be the new iron man.

Captain Neo

Why would a comic series be at the parks and resorts pavilion?

Because it's based on a theme park attraction concept?

Also, Judging by the style of the font I bet they are going to merge the Haunted Mansion mythos with Rolly Crump's ideas for Museum of the Weird. Maybe even tie in Tony Baxter's Discovery Bay concepts hopefully.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I'm sorry for not being up on comics...but is the museum of the Weird already a Marvel property?

And the way the contract reads...wouldn't Disney be able to build an attraction...so long as the characters they use in Orlando are NOT in one of the "families" already used by Marvel? Again, I'm not sure what characters belong to which families etc...Maybe Uni already used all of the families in IOA.

It looks to me like as long as they used from something Uni left...and didn't use the "Marvel" name to market it...Disney could do it in WDW...am I wrong?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom