Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

MattM

Not to split hairs, but you said BCS ;-). Which is a five-game showcase of college football. That doesn't start until Dec.

Well, not to re-split a split hair, but the BCS games aren't until January ;) But as all NCAAF fans know, every game means something now, and certain losses mean more than others.

Even though Buckeye fans will swear that beating up on Purdue and Indiana and Northwestern is the same as beating Texas A&M and LSU, etc ;) I KID, I KID.

71jason

Some very chaotic and random thoughts:

Brazilian season is in full swing. Attendance was normal for kids not being in school. Not phased closings but completely living off tour groups.

QFT. Argentina seems to be giving Brazil a run for its money, as well. Spent Sunday in MK, no problem with the kids--the adult chaperones were another story.

IOA was fantasyland busy last Sunday. Really f'n busy for them.... but how many people can really fit in there? Certainly not 80-90k like MK.

Pre-Potter, I remember hearing low 40s. Why they had to pull HHN after 2006, it just couldn't hold enough people.

I'm going to plug The Simpsons Tapped Out for iOS and Android. Myself and Jason keep playing.

That game is crack. Don't download it. But if you do, add us.

SeaDogs Trivia is 530 on Tuesdays and Yes, we're smarter than you.

Pooped the bed yesterday. No photographer, and our code monkey couldn't remember what "JPEG" stands for.

Player One has good craft beer and lots of video games.

And hot bartenders in cosplay outfits. It's genius, really.

IDK crap about seaworld, other people have that covered.

Just dropped my SW/AQ pass. Turtle Trek and Antarctica were bombs, shows are tired, Summer Nights cut back, not worth it to see the polar bears and go at Christmas. I'll miss the chill atmosphere of AQ, but at least Typhoon has a full bar.

baymenxpac

couple of quick thoughts on the last few pages:

ESPN (and the corresponding NASCAR convos) are relevant in this thread. spirit's threads not only address WDW and TDO, but TWDC on a larger scale, and their most profitable arm is ESPN.

why do people have to yuck other people's yum? i'm from NY, i'm a huge sports fan, and i don't like NASCAR. that doesn't mean it's not incredibly relevant across multiple demographics. is it my cup of tea? no. but the world would be a heck of a lot easier place to live in if some people just understood that they didn't have to personally sign off on every single interest another human being has.

i'll infer that the BoD is incredibly close to giving the go ahead for the star wars/cars expansion. the question really boils down to how far they'll push themselves with this.

also, i really didn't think i'd live to see a day where WDW was running just one parade.

Magenta Panther

Spirited Late Night Musings:

I can't help but feel that tomorrow may prove a transformative day.

My peeps from the better coast tell me that Disney is looking to make a splash with its park news relating to Star Wars on both coasts and that it will happen sooner rather than later. I don't know why but I keep thinking the two-year anniversary of the stalled Avatar project would be the perfect time.

Speaking of time, if current trends continue don't be surprised at vastly cut park hours at WDW once the new fiscal year begins October 1st.

OK, I missed it, what happened at Comic Con? Is Marvel really making a film about the Apologizer (some mid level exec who loses his job, his mind and his left testicle and decides to fight crime and help folks apologize when they hurt others)? I knew that 8000 character Marvel library was worth more than simply a few dozen characters people were familiar with.

Anything going on in the Twitverse?

Part of why I am not spending much time here right now is because I am looking at real estate. REALLY! Some advice, please. Do you think 7,000 square feet is too small for a Faux Top One Percent Spirit who likes his space?

Reports from EPCOT say that there is a plague of work lights being left on to shine brightly in many attractions from SSE to Nemo to Living With the Land. Anyone know why beyond they just don't care?

I am thinking that it may well be getting close to the time to put this baby out to pasture, but can we get 400 pages and 500K views first. I am just trying to prove a few points about social media and who really has power and can exploit it. Thanks.

I admit it. I am in the mood to head to Hawaii again. Just been too long. Anyone got timeshares they want go donate?

Thanks to Oprah (or God as I like to call her) for putting All My Children and One Life to Live on OWN after ABC cut them.

When is Disney going to put Rick Sylvain out to pasture? He must be 70 years old.

Anyone have thoughts on the new Mickey and pals shorts? I do.

No, I haven't seen DM2 yet. But I will my minions, I will.

Is it wrong that I want to be at WDW just to visit the food court and steal soda in my 1990s 'lifetime refills mug' before the place goes all RFID?

Again, bois and girls, MM+ will not be going live to most guests at anytime in 2013.

Contrats to a friend here who will soon take his first cruise instead if visiting WDW. We all have to make choices sometimes and I love watching friends make smart ones.

Anyone know the name of one member of the EPCOT exec team beyond Erin 'Legs' Youngs? I didn't think so.

So, MK hit 54K Sunday ... Interesting.

There REALLY is a project for Imagination. I just wish my peeps could spread a but more info my way to quiet the skeptics.

Next year, WDW will have one parade among four theme parks ...but it will be a new one.

I want occupancy numbers for the summer (days, weeks, months etc) and am actively soliciting them. I can promise 100% confidentiality and ...look, we all know I'm going to get what I want, so you might as well help the cause. Don't make me beg ...

I love it when blogging whores go to locations or try products that they'd never pay for and then rave about them.

Anyone want to bet that Disney's big fall releases make hundreds of millions of dollars but still are not profitable?

Remember when there was a vibe of excitement, of energy, of electricity in WDW's parks? Yeah, me too.

You do know that much of what is going into TDL's JUngle Cruise refurb was planned and created for MK, right?

Yes, it's true: both Alan Horn and Tom Staggs are not happy and looking to leave Disney.

When a restaurant fails to win you over with a free meal, then it probably isn't worth your business.

So many tales to tell, so little time ...

I love the new Mickey Mouse shorts. I love that he's got back his vintage/retro look, that he's got attitude, and that he's funny. I can't get enough of them.

There's a Disney theatrical release coming next March that I bet won't make squat. Like the first one. Not naming any names...

No, I didn't know that TDL gets the good stuff and MK doesn't. AGAIN. At least not in reference to that saaaaaad Jungle Cruise.

I wish Mr. Horn and Mr. Staggs the best.

One parade. Jeebus. :pk

PhotoDave219

Was not so much for you but others who are reading. Drivers and teams I have connections with are thrilled with the DIS project. All seem to agree on the drafting situation. If you ever get a chance to go to Richmond then take it! You should have no issue securing a press pass, I am sure you know it makes it that much better.

I was only there because I was getting paid. I don't care for it but you cant match the passion of the fans. For whatever reason, they only used the three photos.... so much more and better left on the floor....

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
I was only there because I was getting paid. I don't care for it but you cant match the passion of the fans. For whatever reason, they only used the three photos.... so much more and better left on the floor....

When were you there photographing? What event?

Cardinals314

Spirited Late Night Musings:

I can't help but feel that tomorrow may prove a transformative day.

My peeps from the better coast tell me that Disney is looking to make a splash with its park news relating to Star Wars on both coasts and that it will happen sooner rather than later. I don't know why but I keep thinking the two-year anniversary of the stalled Avatar project would be the perfect time.

Speaking of time, if current trends continue, don't be surprised at vastly cut park hours at WDW once the new fiscal year begins October 1st.

OK, I missed it, what happened at Comic Con? Is Marvel really making a film about the Apologizer (some mid level exec who loses his job, his mind and his left testicle and decides to fight crime and help folks apologize when they hurt others)? I knew that 8000 character Marvel library was worth more than simply a few dozen characters people were familiar with.

Anything going on in the Twitverse?

Part of why I am not spending much time here right now is because I am looking at real estate. REALLY! Some advice, please. Do you think 7,000 square feet is too small for a Faux Top One Percent Spirit who likes his space?

Reports from EPCOT say that there is a plague of work lights being left on to shine brightly in many attractions from SSE to Nemo to Living With the Land. Anyone know why beyond they just don't care?

I am thinking that it may well be getting close to the time to put this baby out to pasture, but can we get 400 pages and 500K views first? I am just trying to prove a few points about social media and who really has power and can exploit it. Thanks.

I admit it. I am in the mood to head to Hawaii again. Just been too long. Anyone got timeshares they want to donate?

Thanks to Oprah (or God as I like to call her) for putting All My Children and One Life to Live on OWN after ABC cut them.

When is Disney going to put Rick Sylvain out to pasture? He must be 70 years old.

Anyone have thoughts on the new Mickey and pals shorts? I do.

No, I haven't seen DM2 yet. But I will my minions, I will.

Is it wrong that I want to be at WDW just to visit the food court and steal soda in my 1990s 'lifetime refills mug' before the place goes all RFID?

Again, bois and girls, MM+ will not be going live to most guests at anytime in 2013.

Congrats to a friend here who will soon take his first cruise instead of visiting WDW. We all have to make choices sometimes and I love watching friends make smart ones.

Anyone know the name of one member of the EPCOT exec team beyond Erin 'Legs' Youngs? I didn't think so.

So, MK hit 54K Sunday ... Interesting.

There REALLY is a project for Imagination. I just wish my peeps could spread a bit more info my way to quiet the skeptics.

Next year, WDW will have one parade among four theme parks ...but it will be a new one.

I want occupancy numbers for the summer (days, weeks, months etc) for WDW resorts and am actively soliciting them. I can promise 100% confidentiality and ...look, we all know I'm going to get what I want, so you might as well help the cause. Don't make me beg ...

I love it when blogging whores go to locations or try products that they'd never pay for and then rave about them.

Anyone want to bet that Disney's big fall releases make hundreds of millions of dollars but still are not profitable?

Remember when there was a vibe of excitement, of energy, of electricity in WDW's parks? Yeah, me too.

You do know that much of what is going into TDL's Jungle Cruise refurb was planned and created for MK, right?

Yes, it's true: both Alan Horn and Tom Staggs are not happy and looking to leave Disney.

When a restaurant fails to win you over with a free meal, then it probably isn't worth your business.

So many tales to tell, so little time ...

The crazy news from Comic-Con is the sequel Man of Steel movie is going to have batman in it. It will most likely that the batman is not related to the Nolan Dark Knight trilogy.

I enjoyed DM2.

Steal as much soda as you can now. If I was down there, I would be trying to do it as well.

I can see Disney's Frozen making a lot of money and not be profitable.

It's kind of a bummer that there will be only one parade operating at WDW. If anyone knows, why is Disney getting rid of the AK parade?

Computer Magic

Well, not to re-split a split hair, but the BCS games aren't until January ;) But as all NCAAF fans know, every game means something now, and certain losses mean more than others.

Even though Buckeye fans will swear that beating up on Purdue and Indiana and Northwestern is the same as beating Texas A&M and LSU, etc ;) I KID, I KID.
Now wait a minute, picking us Purdue Alum is hitting below the belt, However Indiana is fair game :) I used Dec since that's when bowl games start. I didn't know the exact date

HMF

Won't be sad to see Staggs go. Horn I don't know much about but from what I do know seems like a good guy.

doctornick

It's kind of a bummer that there will be only one parade operating at WDW. If anyone knows, why is Disney getting rid of the AK parade?

I don't understand the idea of removing the parade from DAK unless it is temporary due to backstage work for the FOTLK theater that disrupts the parade route (even then I would think it would be a short delay). Sure, they could save money by not paying to run it, but there would obviously be fal out from length of stays of guests in that park and even people who won't go at all. I don't see how it makes logical sense.

If the parade really is ending next year, I would hope it's because a replacement is lined up (like the River of Light idea).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom