Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wikkler

Can we focus on what WDWMagic is about for a second and then after than we can ramble about NASCAR?
Cinderella_Castle.jpg

It's your guess what WDWMagic is about... is it about NASCAR?

pheneix

The only thing everyone I know right now can agree on is that a whole bunch of attractions/venues are going to be closing for good in Orlando starting Jan 2.

I would also add that the attitude and actions of the management of both WDW and Sea World reflect those of companies that are frightened of current business performance and upcoming bookings to an extent not seen since 9/11. It is not an attitude reflected by Universal Orlando. I find some of the rumors I am hearing about SEAS and WDPR very troubling and actually actively hope that what I am hearing is not true. Time will sort out the noise from fact soon enough, I think.

doctornick

The only thing everyone I know right now can agree on is that a whole bunch of attractions/venues are going to be closing for good in Orlando starting Jan 2.

Any word on when we'll get announcements of potential additions? Or will TDO be all secretive a la Universal and just build without publicly acknowledging what they are doing.

Magenta Panther

I would also add that the attitude and actions of the management of both WDW and Sea World reflect those of companies that are frightened of current business performance and upcoming bookings to an extent not seen since 9/11. It is not an attitude reflected by Universal Orlando. I find some of the rumors I am hearing about SEAS and WDPR very troubling and actually actively hope that what I am hearing is not true. Time will sort out the noise from fact soon enough, I think.

Why don't you clue us in on some of what you're hearing? We're all grownups here. We can take it. Go on! Scare us! ('Cause it all might not be true anyway)...

Funmeister

1. It was a joke
2. Autocorrect on iPhone sucks
3. Seeing as how you are a fan on NASCAR I bet you were some of the few to actually go see Turbo this weekend and see a snail actually compete and win in a car race?!?

I think that movies premise is actually more ignorant than my comment!

Relax...it's a good old American joke that never gets old, sry u took it so personally...

No...your comment is much more ignorant. The fact that you grouped INDY racing with NASCAR tells a lot about what you know and do not know about racing. I can see how you are not a fan "on" NASCAR but stop trolling.

Yeah...you are right...a snail competing in a car race is much crazier than an alien visiting Hawaii who loves Elvis tunes. Go see Turbo...you might be surprised.

Captain Neo

im not interested in sea world but do you think the rumors are true that Imagination and Captain Eo is closing Jan 2?

Captain Neo

Why don't you clue us in on some of what you're hearing? We're all grownups here. We can take it. Go on! Scare us! ('Cause it all might not be true anyway)...

Probably attendance at the parks are much worse than anybody thought. Not surprising you can't not add anything new and exciting + raise ticket prices to $100 in the middle of a recession and expect to rake in the dough like the good ol'days of the fraudulent 00s. Disney is used to getting away with inferior products because of their good name and nostalgia but it looks like the gravy train is coming to a stop big time.

stevehousse

No...your comment is much more ignorant. The fact that you grouped INDY racing with NASCAR tells a lot about what you know and do not know about racing. I can see how you are not a fan "on" NASCAR but stop trolling.

Yeah...you are right...a snail competing in a car race is much crazier than an alien visiting Hawaii who loves Elvis tunes. Go see Turbo...you might be surprised.

No troll here?!? Just jokes and good fun!

And I have no desire to see Turbo, and obviously no one else does seeing how bad it did at the box office. No one really went to see it at my theater. Everyone wanted to stain their underpants watching the Conjuring! It was good...

Magenta Panther

Probably attendance at the parks are much worse than anybody thought. Not surprising you can't not add anything new and exciting + raise ticket prices to $100 in the middle of a recession and expect to rake in the dough like the good ol'days of the fraudulent 00s. Disney is used to getting away with inferior products because of their good name and nostalgia but it looks like the gravy train is coming to a stop big time.

Which is GOOD news, so far as I'm concerned. Maybe Iger will be forced out early and WDC will get new leadership. And if that happens, everyone, wish upon a star that we get somebody GOOD this time...

Captain Neo

Which is GOOD news, so far as I'm concerned. Maybe Iger will be forced out early and WDC will get new leadership. And if that happens, everyone, wish upon a star that we get somebody GOOD this time...

Iger's not going anywhere until 2016. Aside from the parks & resorts division he has done alot for the company. The studios was in big trouble before he came along and I think the acquisitions of Marvel & Lucasfilm and bringing in talent like Steve Jobs, John Lasseter, and James Cameron was pretty vital for Disney to stay competitive in the entertainment industry.

Magenta Panther

Iger's not going anywhere until 2016. Aside from the parks & resorts division he has done alot for the company. The studios was in big trouble before he came along and I think the acquisitions of Marvel & Lucasfilm and bringing in talent like Steve Jobs, John Lasseter, and James Cameron was pretty vital for Disney to stay competitive in the entertainment industry.

And yet recently, a news article was written in Maclean's magazine about the "decline" of Disney precisely because of all of those acquisitions. I think they were unnecessary. Iger just tried to take the less-risky way out of building the company. Because he is a CEO better suited to a company like Wal-Mart. The Disney brand has been diluted severely thanks to him. Right now, the Walt Disney Company (or "Disney", as the fatheaded suits like to call it), is no better and/or no different from any other entertainment company. Thanks, in large part, to Iger.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
How delightfully elitist of you, especially coming from someone apparently unaware that the correct syntax for "redneck" is one compound word, not two words.

Honestly, what an ignorant thing to say.

Comical that he said that when NASCAR tickets are extremely high priced. Does not sound too redneck to me. Actually, as a buyer of the high dollar tickets and someone who treks all over the east coast for several races the redneck level is down significantly. Cannot tell that to bigotry, however.

NASCAR on Fox sure seems to have put a pretty big hurting on ABC's NBA Playoffs as well as posted increases overall in major markets.

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...port-in-season-for-13th-straight-year/186283/

Captain Neo

And yet there have been articles written about the "decline" of Disney because of all of those acquisitions. I think they were unnecessary. Iger just tried to take the less-risky way out of building the company. Because he is a CEO better suited to a company like Wal-Mart. The Disney brand has been diluted severely thanks to him. Right now, the Walt Disney Company (or "Disney", as the fatheaded suits like to call it), is no better and/or no different from any other entertainment company. Thanks, in large part, to Iger.

Wrong. Eisner diluted the the Disney Brand for over a decade before Iger took the reigns and what is this nonsense that Iger didn't take risks? At Lasseter's request he gave the OK to revive 2D handdrawn animation at Disney, gave John and the imagineers free reign when it came to money for Cars Land, and has given full creative freedom to the film studio directors something that all the film fans want and it has blown up in his face spectacularly several times now (Sorceror's Apprentice, Prince of Persia, Lone Ranger, and John Carter).

You want to blame people for the decline of Disney? Here are some names: Michael Eisner, Paul Pressler, Cynthia Harris, Tom Fitzgerald, Jay Rasolu, Meg Crofton, Phil Holmes, Al Weiss, etc.

NoChesterHester

Don't give people a real reason to visit for long enough... eventually they stop coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom