Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevehousse

The villians don't really have to "win" at the attractions just be centered around!

Bald Mountain was suppose to be a water coaster where the villains capture Minnie and its up to you and Mickey and friends to save her!

I also love the idea for a 101 Dalmations ride. Remember at the wen of the movie with Cruella chasing the puppies in her Cadillac! I would love a dark ride themed to that where they took the roger rabbit ride system an used it as you are in Cruella vehicle chasin the puppies around in the snow wildly spinning out of control!

Another dark ride could be Alladin themed, here Jafar sets off the cave of wonders to collapse like in the movie as you float around in a magic carpet trying to escape danger.

They could also have a Snow White Evil Queen QS restaurant/bakery with tons of sweets and theming.

It's not that hard to come up with concepts that include and make the villains the stars without making them win or the land overly evil! :)

Wikkler

I am all for not having a villains land.
Seriously, how well would an attraction based on Dr. Facillier work right next to an attraction based on whoever the villain is for Frozen?
I am much for having villains at Tomorrowland, Storybook Circus, Fantasyland, Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Adventureland thank you.

stevehousse

I am all for not having a villains land.
Seriously, how well would an attraction based on Dr. Facillier work right next to an attraction based on whoever the villain is for Frozen?
I am much for having villains at Tomorrowland, Storybook Circus, Fantasyland, Liberty Square, Frontierland, and Adventureland thank you.
Why on earth would anyone want attractions about those characters that aren't classics! Did u read what I posted earlier? It can work with the right attractions and right characters...

Travel Junkie

I'm not sure I'd go that far... the networks care about one thing... advertising. And NASCAR is known for it's fan's loyalty and spending. NASCAR is covered with ads top to bottom because there is value there :)

Yes, the events themselves get good ratings and their fans are fiercely loyal. However, there is not a lot of buzz around the sport that the other sports generate and ESPN is all about buzz. They love not only having the event, but having an extended warm up show and wrap up on Sports Center. Take out the Daytona 500 and NASCAR rarely leads SC and its presence is virtually non-existent on debate show like PTI, ATH etc. NASCAR Now is usually shown in the middle of the night while the other sports studio shows get primetime slots. They obviously do not value NASCAR outside of the races themselves and therefore not as important to them. Again ESPN loves to promote things they air and NASCAR has a very minimal presence on the network. It may do the sport some good to get on a network that will treat them better.

I'm not saying that NASCAR isn't important, I'm saying if ESPN was given a choice between losing NASCAR or the NFL, College Football, MLB or NBA, NASCAR is the easy choice.

artvandelay

Currently, ABC/ESPN air only 3 races on the ABC network. NBC/NBCSN will air 7 races on the NBC network, including the final race of the season. The rest of the races will be on NBC Sports Network. NBC will use NASCAR as its lead in to Sunday Night Football.

After next year's season, you can expect ESPN's NASCAR coverage to virtually disappear.

Computer Magic

Currently, ABC/ESPN air only 3 races on the ABC network. NBC/NBCSN will air 7 races on the NBC network, including the final race of the season. The rest of the races will be on NBC Sports Network. NBC will use NASCAR as its lead in to Sunday Night Football.

After next year's season, you can expect ESPN's NASCAR coverage to virtually disappear.
Once again Comcast one ups Disney. How much more will Disney take a beating?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Yes, the events themselves get good ratings and their fans are fiercely loyal. However, there is not a lot of buzz around the sport that the other sports generate and ESPN is all about buzz

meh - the contract value for the races is on par with NBA and other sports. Paying 300-500 million a year for 15-20 races.. vs paying ~1000 million a year for ~100 games.

The one thing I'd agree with is ESPN being interested in 'buzz' - with the coddling of pure shock jock figures like Bayless and Smith... its clear ESPN is becoming more and more about 'noise' than prestige.

Computer Magic

Comcast didn't one up Disney. Not in any way, shape or form.

ESPN will get more viewers from the BCS games alone than NBC will with NASCAR.
My point is Comcast beat Disney for NASCAR rights. Like Disney screwed up Potter rights.

Besides, those events don't run during the same season so ESPN will not make money when NASCAR is running but It's okay to disagree.

doctornick

My point is Comcast beat Disney for NASCAR rights. Like Disney screwed up Potter rights.

And Disney beat Comcast for MLB rights, Big 12 rights, Pac-12 rights and Big East rights. All properties that Comcast actively for but lost to Disney.

Using NBCSN winning rights versus ESPN as evidence of Comcast "beating" Disney is beyond silly.

Computer Magic

And Disney beat Comcast for MLB rights, Big 12 rights, Pac-12 rights and Big East rights. All properties that Comcast actively for but lost to Disney.

Using NBCSN winning rights versus ESPN as evidence of Comcast "beating" Disney is beyond silly.
Bottom line DISNEY lost the rights to Comcast which is lost revenue. Lighten up, life is short, don't get bent out of shape :)

MattM

Bottom line DISNEY lost the rights to Comcast which is lost revenue. Lighten up, life is short, don't get bent out of shape :)
True. But point is companies lose contract bids all the time. Disney has won WAY more than they've lost. Paying too much for NASCAR contract would be "bending over to pick up pennies while dollars fly overhead", as certain people say around these parts.

MattM

Besides, those events don't run during the same season so ESPN will not make money when NASCAR is running but It's okay to disagree.
Also, small correction, NASCAR and NCAAF overlap August-November. NCAAM starts October-ish.

stevehousse

How delightfully elitist of you, especially coming from someone apparently unaware that the correct syntax for "redneck" is one compound word, not two words.

Honestly, what an ignorant thing to say.

1. It was a joke
2. Autocorrect on iPhone sucks
3. Seeing as how you are a fan on NASCAR I bet you were some of the few to actually go see Turbo this weekend and see a snail actually compete and win in a car race?!?

I think that movies premise is actually more ignorant than my comment!

Relax...it's a good old American joke that never gets old, sry u took it so personally...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom