Spirited News, Observations & Thoughts Tres

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyboy97o

I have always wondered why, if WDW has sssoooo much land that they built Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios kinda close together and Epcot, nice and spread out? Anyone know? I am not asking for everything to have been built as spread out as Epcot but a little more walking space I think would have been nice. It just seems like the rides are so close together or is my perception wrong?
I think all of Walt Disney World is too spread out in its design and execution. Very few places where you get the density that provides for immersive, layered experiences.

Goofyernmost

I have always wondered why, if WDW has sssoooo much land that they built Magic Kingdom. Animal Kingdom and Disney Hollywood Studios kinda close together and Epcot, nice and spread out? Anyone know? I am not asking for everything to have been built as spread out as Epcot but a little more walking space I think would have been nice. It just seems like the rides are so close together or is my perception wrong?
Epcot was a completely different mind set then any of the other parks. You need to spread out a place called World Showcase because it is supposed to feel big. However, there is no park with more distance between rides then AK has. If everything were in use at DHS they would be fairly close together, but as it sits now, it's not all that close. MK has a lot more attractions and the design calls for close proximity for rides. Even though at WDW it seems like they are really close...there are more attractions in Disneyland then Magic Kingdom and all in a smaller space then WDW.

CinematicFusion

I never really got why he got complained about filming in the UK. He should have seen that coming, what with Disney moving a lot of production over here anyway.

If this story is true, and if he does pull out, you know who would be great for doing them? Joseph Kosinski!

He's got history with Disney, and after how great oblivion was, could you imagine how good SW could look?!

lucasfilm has killed this rumor, it was just made up comic con stuff along with the trek rumors to go along with it.
JJ is still director of Star Wars

Goofyernmost

And who knew that Georgie K enjoyed overpriced BBQ on Sunday nights?

I guess I do now.:D
Every once in a while, Spirit you forget your prominent position in the Faux 1%. If you were to remember that with that income, nothing is overpriced. It is priced for prestige. If you have to ask how much it cost, you cannot afford it. I believe that it was J. P. Morgan that came up with that real 1% statement! Corrected thanks to Clever Name.

Kuhio

I can't believe R.I.P.D. bomed this weekend!

Who doesn't want to see a movie with Jeff Bridges and Debbie Reynolds?

Not only did R.I.P.D. bomb, but Turbo (in which Ryan Reynolds voices the title character) underperformed as well -- it had one of the worst openings ever for a computer-animated film from DreamWorks Animation. Is Ryan Reynolds's double-bomb weekend an industry first?

I probably wouldn't have seen R.I.P.D. anyway, but the product placement in the trailer was so over-the-top that it really annoyed me (and product placement in movies doesn't bother me that much, generally). One of the first times I saw the R.I.P.D. trailer, some people in the audience started chanting, "Fresca! Fresca! Fresca!" when Mary-Louise Parker started drinking from a large bottle of Fresca that's prominently displayed for several seconds -- and then most of the theater started cracking up. After that point, it was hard for me to take the movie seriously...

willtravel

I never really got why he got complained about filming in the UK. He should have seen that coming, what with Disney moving a lot of production over here anyway.

If this story is true, and if he does pull out, you know who would be great for doing them? Joseph Kosinski!

He's got history with Disney, and after how great oblivion was, could you imagine how good SW could look?!
Why is Disney moving production to UK?

JenniferS

Time To Be Movin’ Along
Premium Member
Not only did R.I.P.D. bomb, but Turbo (in which Ryan Reynolds voices the title character) underperformed as well -- it had one of the worst openings ever for a computer-animated film from DreamWorks Animation. Is Ryan Reynolds's double-bomb weekend an industry first?
I've seen the in-theatre 3D trailer for Turbo twice now, and I've told my niece and nephew to find another sucker auntie to take them. I'm out. It looks almost (but not quite) as bad as Smurfs 2.
Frozen looks fun though.

doctornick

Well, he'll always have Green Lantern to fall back on, right?

WDWFanDave

I've seen the in-theatre 3D trailer for Turbo twice now, and I've told my niece and nephew to find another sucker auntie to take them. I'm out. It looks almost (but not quite) as bad as Smurfs 2.
Frozen looks fun though.
Yep, wait for Turbo to be available in Red Box or Netflix. Wish I had. My 6 year old liked it, but pales in comparison to Despicable Me 2.

ParentsOf4

Every once in a while, Spirit you forget your prominent position in the Faux 1%. If you were to remember that with that income, nothing is overpriced. It is priced for prestige. If you have to ask how much it cost, you cannot afford it. I believe that it was J. P. Morgan that came up with that real 1% statement! Corrected thanks to Clever Name.
Not always true. Paying too much is a sign of weakness. No one likes being taken advantage of, least of all a self-made millionaire. The asking price doesn't matter; it's a matter of how much it can be negotiated down. Buying a $100K diamond ring feels nice but the ego wants to pay only $50K for it. It's often that ego that makes someone successful in business.

Companies and artists hated negotiating with TWDC under Eisner. The company haggled over every detail. That attitude doesn't simply shut off after business hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom