Part of Sid Cahuenga's at Disney's Hollywood Studios to become a MyMagic+ service center

lebeau

Blindly defending I do not.....excited about change I am.....
To say just because your critical makes you some higher holy Disney lover? Really?
I am critical when needed.....at this point they should bulldoze NFL and destroy all magic plus so I can watch your camp be critical of that....

Edit: my sig I believe fits you.

You sure seem to think you know a lot about me. Genralize much? Or just trolling.

No, being critical doesn't automatically put someone in some higher echelon of fandom. But I do feel comfortable saying that true fans are generally more critical.

There are aspects of the NFL that I have defended staunchly. I maintained a thread for about a year titled "In Defense of the FLE". Of course it took so damn long to bd the thing that that thread is buried under years of people speculating about when Marvel will come to DHS and fighting over "soda theft".

Your signature seems kind of random.

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
You sure seem to think you know a lot about me. Genralize much? Or just trolling.

No, being critical doesn't automatically put someone in some higher echelon of fandom. But I do feel comfortable saying that true fans are generally more critical.

There are aspects of the NFL that I have defended staunchly. I maintained a thread for about a year titled "In Defense of the FLE". Of course it took so damn long to bd the thing that that thread is buried under years of people speculating about when Marvel will come to DHS and fighting over "soda theft".

Nor is it necessarily a higher form of fandom to recognize a b#ll#ks move when you see one....

bubbles1812

Alls I can say is all of those are super lame, and if I see anyone wearing them, I will be giggling, but if anyone decided to rock that "Im with the band" shirt... Whoo boy, I might go into full scale fits of laughter. I get what Disney was trying to go for, but sorry, trying to imply you are cool for wearing a plastic wristband the way you would be if, you know you with an actual band... People who wear that deserve to get made fun of.

IWant2GoNow

I've given up. TDO or whoever is not going to change a, what are we up to now, 2 billion(?) dollar investment. We all might as well get used to it. The merch is crap if you ask me, but if you don't like it, don't buy it. I'm hoping they did a short production on these because I'm not sure how well they will sell. My only remaining question is when your Magic handcuff comes in the mail for your visit is there a card inside that says: "Your band from the parks!"?

I'll stick to my day job...

DTale

While I agree that selling the T-Shirts is quite desperate on Disney's part, why shouldn't they? There will be some idiots who buy them, and I'll probably end up being one of them...

I'm not a fan of the T-Shirts but I AM a fan of the bands and band accessories. I feel like everyone is thinking about the bands in a more adult point of view, but I don't think that's the point... Think about a little kid getting a band and decorating it, and then keeping it for years and years to remember her amazing trip to WDW?

I also like the band for it's convenience; no room key at the pool, no getting wallet out at the park entrances, no forgetting the room key on the bed in the room... It just seems better.

Sue_Vongello

But I do feel comfortable saying that true fans are generally more critical.

I'd put it this way if one of your friends was about to go out of the house on a date looking terrible, you'd say something, right? Or what if you were married and you saw your partner get addicted to alcohol, you'd probably say something, right? Basically, it's an intrinsic aspect of love to care enough to use your critical thinking and mention when something isn't right, or when you feel someone/thing is making a harmful mistake ...

Honestly, those who accept everything with zero ounce of critical thinking ... I'm not sure what they are, but that's not real/reality. I harp on Lou but at least we know that his lack of criticism in any form or critical thinking is for a reason, he is getting paid ... why do others do it? I'll put on my psychology hat for a moment and just assume that the people who blindly defend or embrace these sort of ploys/mistakes by Disney (like the band shirts) just want to buy into the utopia feeling that Disney tries to sell, they need Disney to be 100% perfect so as to escape into that fantasy.

So my point is this ... we are all fans because why else would we be on the message board in the first place (obviously expect for the paid brand advocates and corporate spies that patrol the boards), BUT the fans are broken into two segments, depending on internally what drives you?

So what kind of fan are you ... realist or fantasist?

Skippy's Pal

A whole lot of negativity for something most have not even used....especially when the end product is not even complete...this or that could still change...and although we could argue the cornyness of some merch if people would pay for T-shirts of my foot I would sell them..nuff said. However on the magic plus system...everything I have been able to use so far..as in the new website features and such has been great....VERY BUGGY but that is expected. The new maps for example....rock....they no longer look like 90s hand drawn garbage....the fact that I can make reservations online without having to talk to a person? Again pritty cool and fits with the new generation. And setting up all my FP in advance? I can see capacity issues but idea wise..great less walking to each machine for me. And all I have to do is wear a wristband....that most early reviews call comfortable and you don't even notice it? A lot of these changes are results of the world changing.....when you go to red robin and they check you in with an iPad and you get a text do you rage out and tackle that employee? Big change is hard....bigger change is even harder...and even if you do rage out its irrelevant in the grand scheme the show must go on. Just hope for the best and wish them luck with implementation.

Except that I don't have to order my Red Robin onion rings 60 days in advance, and then worry that they may not be there on my arrival because of a technology problem, regardless of how many iPads the greeters have. Neither do I go to Red Robin with the desire to escape from the "real world" for a week, with 1900 Marcelline on my mind, with a desire - and having paid thou$ands - to encounter the past and the future -- and most certainly NOT to be tethered to the same iTechnology that haunts, follows, and bothers my daily life with its intrusions, errors, and silicon-chip handcuffs.

The Empress Lilly

While I agree that selling the T-Shirts is quite desperate on Disney's part, why shouldn't they?
The MagicBand merchandise does not solely exist for sales. Its purpose is also to market MB. To make it look desireable, wanted, popular.

The sight of MB fan merchandise serves the same purpose as showing ecstatic fans in a music video - to convey an aura of popularity, to make a band coveted.

matt9112

I think the AutoX'ing Civic says enough. EconoBox RacecaR!

you mean one of the best platforms in STS....ever....honda civics and miatas...thats it all day....auto x in itself is an econo sport...and by definition is not racing so attacking me over a photo is slightly mature =)

on a sidenote......it seems like people just hate technology....sorry folks missed that bus...

matt9112

my sig is to clearly...or not so clearly "lol" point out that everyone grips about...WHATEVER tdo decides...they could bring back printed napkins and somebody would scream...but the same people (not saying you by the way) defend some of the oldest obsolete attractions just because of some childhood attachment...jungle cruise....=)

PS: without randomness this world would be quite vanilla.

The Empress Lilly

people (not saying you by the way) defend some of the oldest obsolete attractions just because of some childhood attachment...jungle cruise....=)
Oi!

The JC commentary may be tacky, but the JC is an amazing place. A horticultural dream! Disney ought to give tours through it, a behind-the-seeds for the MK. Next time, focus not at the animals or the skipper, but at the plants, you'll be amazed!

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
you mean one of the best platforms in STS....ever....honda civics and miatas...thats it all day....auto x in itself is an econo sport...and by definition is not racing so attacking me over a photo is slightly mature =)

on a sidenote......it seems like people just hate technology....sorry folks missed that bus...

I know it is and that is why I did it. Miatas yes, Civics... errr that is a stretch. Cheap to modify does not mean it is a good platform. A 240 is a better budget vehicle for doing that. But what do I know after several years in TTC, AutoX, and GTSU with several Porsches and Vettes. High school kids and people in their early 20s hold Civic and Acuras to a high statute in regards to anything motorsports. That does not get into the crappy weight distribution even with moving parts around at bad attempts to balance it out. Or that the FWD system it maintains was never designed to do those items. KW Variant do not help it get close to proper handling with decent braces. Oversteering monsters is all they will ever be. But once again, I know nothing about racing. At all.

matt9112

I know it is and that is why I did it. Miatas yes, Civics... errr that is a stretch. Cheap to modify does not mean it is a good platform. A 240 is a better budget vehicle for doing that. But what do I know after several years in TTC, AutoX, and GTSU with several Porsches and Vettes. I tend to lean heavily on high school kids and people in their early 20s hold Civic and Acuras to a high statute in regards to anything motorsports. That does not get into the crappy weight distribution even with moving parts around at bad attempts to balance it out. Our the that the FWD system it maintains was never designed to do those items. KW Variant do not help it get close to proper handling. Oversteering monsters is all they will ever be. But once again, I know nothing about racing. At all.

porsches and vetts...are another animal...and if you think civics are a stretch visit the ARSCCA and i ran koni race valved..KW can suck fad butter....and the 240 chassis is a death trap....

PS: you always start from the bottom...and honda,acuras get such a bad rep because of fanboys and there JDM crapola...

but im glad your job title is stomp on kids without vetts and porches.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom