Ultimate Walt Disney World 2013

Wall-e

It says 2010 but it is updated. Has been for awile now.[/quote]

Thanks but even after deleting and reinstalling the Netflix app it still plays the 2010 version.

Axle1986

Is this a hint?
tumblr_m3jg7f9non1r6aoq4o1_500.gif

BransonJ

It says 2010 but it is updated. Has been for awile now.

Thanks but even after deleting and reinstalling the Netflix app it still plays the 2010 version.[/quote]

Hmm... Odd, I just watched it the other day and just now on my netflix phone app.

Keep in mind it is not completely new, they still use some old footage, but it is indeed updated on certain parts. Such as not mentioning the amazing yeti and a hint at avatar land in the end.

The Empress Lilly

I remember during the wands final year or so, Disney deliberately edited promotional materials to show a wand less SSE so this is indeed encouraging. BTW, Narrator says NFL is the "Ultimate Expansion" so he must have a very limited definition of "Ultimate". I know I am being over-analytical but it is always fun to spot the factual errors/PR hyperbole in these specials
Promotional videos are subject to much input from marketing. A great deal is present, or absent, by deliberate, thoughtful decision. It's not esoteric fanboy over-analysis to try to read promotional videos. Managerial decisions are put into them, and so can be read out of them.

BTW, Narrator says NFL is the "Ultimate Expansion" so he must have a very limited definition of "Ultimate".
To which I'd add he must have a very unlimited definition of 'Expansion'. :)

Wall-e

What I'm getting is still the 2010 version copyrighted at the end of the credits. The YouTube video posted with this thread is copyrighted 2013 at the end and completely different from the 2010 version. I should still search under "disney parks: ultimate walt disney world", right?

The Empress Lilly

It's especially bizarre that they spend so much of this special literally casting a spotlight on a broken Animatronic to which I have to say one of the secrets of good publicity is "don't promote your mistakes" I would think that would be taught in Marketing 101.
Well Disney kinda has to keep promoying Everest. This show is about 'Disney is not just classic entertainment, but big thrills too'. But WDW has surprisingly few (real) coasters, only four over four theme parks, of which two were build in the 1970s. They can scarcily not promote Everest.

I assume they are simply counting on people not realising that Everest very briefly had a moving Yeti. Or people not caring. I must admit - blasphemy around here - that sometimes I too think that the Yeti doesn't matter all that much. What if it had never been build as a 747-swatter, but just a large prop by deliberate design? Would anybody ever have said "You know what would be cool? If there was an arm-waving AA visible for .15 seconds as you whizz by near the end of the ride!"

dreamscometrue

The version on my Netflix is definitely still the 2010 version. :( The 2013 version (which I just watched above) is totally different...

Our Netflix here in Canada doesn't have as much as your U.S. Netflix...ever. Anyway, when I search, it comes up 'Ultimate Walt Disney World 2013...unavailable for streaming'. The OP has the Youtube link though, so yay!

ToTBellHop

Well Disney kinda has to keep promoying Everest. This show is about 'Disney is not just classic entertainment, but big thrills too'. But WDW has surprisingly few (real) coasters, only four over four theme parks, of which two were build in the 1970s. They can scarcily not promote Everest.

I assume they are simply counting on people not realising that Everest very briefly had a moving Yeti. Or people not caring. I must admit - blasphemy around here - that sometimes I too think that the Yeti doesn't matter all that much. What if it had never been build as a 747-swatter, but just a large prop by deliberate design? Would anybody ever have said "You know what would be cool? If there was an arm-waving AA visible for .15 seconds as you whizz by near the end of the ride!"
I shockingly agree. An AA that impressive should have been on better display (IMHO).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom