Storybook Circus background music

mharrington

Original Poster
Does anyone know what the background music is for Storybook Circus? I've seen videos of it on YouTube, but can anyone mention what exactly that is?

MDPFan89

The first song is a traditional circus song called "Entry of the Gladiators" (sometimes called "Entrance of the Gladiators")
Then there's some train medley with the Casey Jr / I've been working on the Railroad songs which sounds like a custom medley recorded by WDI

Clamman73

I was wondering if there was all-new background loops in the area and what's coming up for Mermaid area and castle area.

WED Purist

A little something extra

There are also two songs that were written for Dumbo, but never used in the movie, that are included in the background music.

Tip Top Club

Most of the storybook circus bgm is indeed Dumbo Music. It would appear that they are new arrangements and orchestrations specifically for this area. I would imagine that Mermaid, BatB, and Dwarfs will probably all have their own BGM loops as well.

mharrington

Original Poster
Here's the list of songs that plays at the train station:

1. Something with a bit of a bounce, I don't know?
  2. ?
  3. Casey Jr.
  4. Little Toot
  5. Casey Jones
  6. Casey Jr. again (longer)
  7. I've Been Working On the Railroad
  8. ?
That's all I can think of. Can anyone please help?

mharrington

Original Poster
I had posted the link to that music on another site and they identified most, but not all, of the songs featured. For reference, here's what they said:

1. The opening section is a circus march that I couldn't identify, but it sounds very much like a variation on the Main Title theme from Dumbo. Can't tell for sure.
2. At 8:46 the Dumbo theme "Ain't That the Funniest Thing" appears. This music is originally heard played on the calliope during the opening credits of Dumbo.
3. "When I See an Elephant Fly" starts at 24:11.
4. The classic circus theme "Entrance of the Gladiator" begins at 27:01. This piece is also sometimes called "Thunder and Blazes".
5. A theme from Dumbo called "Spread Your Wings" comes in at 31:00.
6. At 33:25 "Circus Parade" from Dumbo starts. The loop goes back to "Spread Your Wings" at 34:20 and into "The Man on the Flying Trapeze" at 35:30.
7. At 39:38 a short piece begins which I can't identify.
8. "Circus Parade" comes back at 40:21 followed at 41:05 by that same short unknown piece.
9. At 41:47 a section starts consisting of the music played over the opening credits from Dumbo. First is the Main Title theme followed by the "Ain't That the Funniest Thing" theme. The loop arrangement extends the movie version by repeating the sections.
10. At 45:40 the music shifts to a short section of a variation on the "Circus Parade" theme and the theme itself comes in at 45:50.
11. At 47:58 the "Pyramid of Pachyderms" theme from Dumbo starts.
12. The rest of the loop consists of two sections. One is a long waltz section beginning at 49:23 and running to 55:38 when another short piece begins. The last two pieces are unfamiliar to me.

So can anyone identify what the missing pieces are?

tirian

Whatever it is, it's one of my favorite BGM loops that Disney has created over the last decade. The style is close to a movie soundtrack, but simplified enough to sound like a small-town circus. It's like going into a Golden Book from the 1940s. I like it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom