Halloween Horror Nights 23

JT3000

Original Poster
hdbaW8f.jpg

We're now three months away from Universal's annual fright fest, and the first house was announced last night --

1004425_10151527897833233_313951875_n.jpg

Along with the official website updating, there's also this little nugget: http://www.eviltakesroot.com/

bsiev1977

I read an article about the Cabin in the Woods haunted house.
Guests begin in the control room setting from the movie. Shortly after, things go to crap and you encounter some of the memorable creatures from the movie. Including the Zombie Redneck Torture Family, the merman, and the unicorn.

luv

I think I'm getting too old for HHN, but I keep going and am excited about the cabin in the woods.

disney4life2008

I have a free airline ticket that expires in November. HHN is one thing I have always wanted to try out but what exactly is it? Is it like a big haunted house? I love scary movies but I do not want to waste the time and money if its just another rip off haunted house with people attemptiing to scare me

bsiev1977

I have a free airline ticket that expires in November. HHN is one thing I have always wanted to try out but what exactly is it? Is it like a big haunted house? I love scary movies but I do not want to waste the time and money if its just another rip off haunted house with people attemptiing to scare me
They actually have several haunted houses, as well as zones outside where you'll encounter costumed characters.
I've never been, but from what I've read, the haunted houses are of a much higher quality than what you'd see at some local small town Halloween setup.

Often, movie studios and/or directors, such as Eli Roth, are involved with the planning and design of the spaces.

In your situation, I'd definitely check it out if I could.

disney4life2008

They actually have several haunted houses, as well as zones outside where you'll encounter costumed characters.
I've never been, but from what I've read, the haunted houses are of a much higher quality than what you'd see at some local small town Halloween setup.

Often, movie studios and/or directors, such as Eli Roth, are involved with the planning and design of the spaces.

In your situation, I'd definitely check it out if I could.

Thanks I may look into it. I have no interest in Mickeys halloween party but I would definately invest in HHN and use my AP to go to Epcot for dinner in WS.

71jason

If the rumors are to be believed, 8 different houses this year, scattered around the park, as well as the above-mentioned "scare zones" in the streets themselves. Essentially open-air haunted houses. In addition, most of the E-ticket rides stay open throughout the night. I'll echo what BSiev said, the quality of the make-up, costumes and effects is above your typical local haunt.

In addition, there are usually two or three shows. One, Bill & Ted's Excellent Halloween Adventure, is somewhat of a local institution. It's strictly comedy, not horror, and spoofs the pop culture of the past year. Kind of a love it or hate it thing, but worth checking out once if you're going anyway.

HHN is also a park-wide party. There's bars every 30 feet and wandering shot girls in between. The alcohol flows freely, something to be aware of.

Also, keep in mind, even with a full night it's difficult to see everything without an express pass. Not sure when you're going planning on hitting WS, but I'd advise against dinner anywhere by in or around the park the night you go to HHN.

Tidbit

Havoc 2
Walking Dead 2
Grimm: La Llorona
American Werewolf
Resident Evil
Legendary Truth 2
Cabin in the Woods
Evil Dead

How do you know the houses already when only one has been announced? Just trying to plan our scare movie marathon to get ready.

71jason

How do you know the houses already when only one has been announced? Just trying to plan our scare movie marathon to get ready.

Insiders leaked these at least a month ago (or at least strong hints). The event has been planned out longer than that.

HTF

This. The houses are pitched and approved early march. People with firm connections start getting information right after.

I started a thread somewhere else stating Resident Evil was coming this year lol. Thing is I started that thread in October...

robbieports

I got my uni tickets from dreams unltd as it included travel for the stay and scream i cnt book in advance. Do anyone have experience buying on the day and/or does it normally sell out?
Cheers guys and gals.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom