If you could celebrate your birthday in the World, how would you do it?

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Sitting here wishing I could spend my birthday (tomorrow) at Walt Disney World. Alas, the hubby is on call this week, meaning no birthday celebration for me. :( When I really think about it though I think I would have a hard time deciding how to spend my birthday. Time of year is everything. In the heat of the summer I would want to take lots of breaks and get out of the heat. So AK is definitely out. I think I would have to choose between MK and Epcot. Would want Epcot for the food and drinks. MK for the pixie dust!

JIMINYCR

I equate Birthday with fun, fun, fun. And theres no better spot to have non stop fun than MK. If I had it my way I'd be the first one up Main Street. Have the Mayor officially read the proclamation announcement that I was the Birthday Boy of MK with front of the line privileges to every ride. Have my birthday cake in Crystal Palace with Winnie the Pooh, Tigger and the rest of the crew marching around celebrating me. Nothing like Disney presents so I'd go birthday shopping and choose one gift for me in every store, kiosk and shop. Have an amazing dinner in the Castle. Then I'd stay til the park shut down and be the very last one out.

But Happy Birthday to you... a day early. Hope your husband doesnt get called in and you can spend a quiet day with him.

DisneyDebNJ

Sitting here wishing I could spend my birthday (tomorrow) at Walt Disney World. Alas, the hubby is on call this week, meaning no birthday celebration for me. :( When I really think about it though I think I would have a hard time deciding how to spend my birthday. Time of year is everything. In the heat of the summer I would want to take lots of breaks and get out of the heat. So AK is definitely out. I think I would have to choose between MK and Epcot. Would want Epcot for the food and drinks. MK for the pixie dust!
Happy Birthday Jess!!!!!!!!!!! May your year be filled with blessings, unmeasured!!!! xoxo Hmmmm birthday.. well, I'd want all my wdwmagic fam there with me, and we'd paint the World red!!! Start the day off at Kona Cafe for breakfast, head to MK for the day, ride EVERYTHING with no wait (OK you guys can ride BTMRR, Splash and SM... I'll hold everyone's cameras and snacks LOL) Then its off to Epcot, ride on Soarin', visit living with the seas, stop by to say Hi to Nemo and friends, then off to do the WS crawl, dinner, Rose and Crown, with a pint while watching Illuminations... then back to our resort, sleep like babies, then get up the next morning and start it all over again :)

jesemeca

I spent my 30th birthday in Magic Kingdom, this past January. We had shirts made at DTD, mine said today is my 30th birthday, my mom's said today is my daughter's 30th birthday, my nanny's said today is my godchild's 30th birthday and my best friend's said today is my best friend's 30th birthday. Everyone loved our shirts. The characters all "sang" to me or would dance with me. We met the princesses and when they saw my best friend's shirt they all asked him where the birthday girl was, it was great interaction! We watched the Morning Show and Rope Drop and then had breakfast at Crystal Palace. I actually didn't ride many rides, but it was an awesome day. Dinner was at Be Our Guest, where I had the Grey Stuff! Then is was time for MSEP and Wishes! I cried like a baby.

Jessica Meier

Original Poster
Happy Birthday Jess!!!!!!!!!!! May your year be filled with blessings, unmeasured!!!! xoxo Hmmmm birthday.. well, I'd want all my wdwmagic fam there with me, and we'd paint the World red!!! Start the day off at Kona Cafe for breakfast, head to MK for the day, ride EVERYTHING with no wait (OK you guys can ride BTMRR, Splash and SM... I'll hold everyone's cameras and snacks LOL) Then its off to Epcot, ride on Soarin', visit living with the seas, stop by to say Hi to Nemo and friends, then off to do the WS crawl, dinner, Rose and Crown, with a pint while watching Illuminations... then back to our resort, sleep like babies, then get up the next morning and start it all over again :)

@DisneyDebNJ that sounds awesome! Thanks for the birthday wishes.

HouCuseChickie

Wow- my college best friend's bday is tomorrow too! A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!!!:D

(yes, I know you're not 40...but I thought you'd want the castle ;))

I've been asking myself a lot lately if I'd be doing this upcoming trip any differently if we were to be in WDW on my actual bday (vs. celebrating a month later)...and the answer is YES! If we were there on my actual birthday we would likely have an MK day.

I'd probably start with pre-park opening breakfast at CRT and then play in the park until early to mid afternoon. Granted- I would have loved to be selected as first family on my bday, but I find it so hard to turn down pre-park opening time. We'd then retreat to our resort for a rest...maybe even some pool time. We'd then freshen up and do some drinking around the monorail loop- start at the Contemporary...then on to the Poly...finally the GF...and then we'd have dinner at the GF...thinking Citrico's. And since I'm an August bday, Wishes would likely be at 10...so we'd head into the park for fireworks, hopefully an 11pm running of MSEP, and surely the park would be open until at least 1am...so we'd play in the park until it closes...unless we want to head back to the loop to drink or pop over to WL for some drunken donuts.

Of course where I'd have the cake is an issue...CRT or Citrico's...unless I have 2 CAKES!!!!

NiarrNDisney

Well since I am going for my birthday this year (9/23) I will clue you in on just a few happenings that we r planning that day!

(Mon. Sept. 23 2013)

My group and my plans are to sleep in :) relax by the pool with a drink or two and have a light lunch, then we are eventually heading to the Boardwalk area to eat and pub crawl our way around. There will lots of drinking, trying, sharing of new and old things! Here is what I will be having:

Blue Zoo - Oyster Shooters, Yellowfin Tuna Tartare
Boardwalk Margarita Bar - Frozen Grapefruit Margarita
Cabana Bar & Beach Club - Crab Eggrolls
Crews Cup Lounge - Lobster Slider's
Hurricane Hanna's - Quinoa Wrap
Kimono's - Sake, Seaweed Salad, Sushi
Seashore Sweets - Mickey Cake (My favorite)

coachwnh

Happy Birthday!!!!!!!!!

mickey2008.1

Party like a rock star. Get the crazy mickey ears hat, and the tshirt that says " this is my party shirt" Have dinner at cali grille and watch them fire works. Great dinner. And them interaction from all people was great. Sorry you cant,' be there on your bday, but have a great time, watch some you tube and party like you are there.

jw24

Since you posted this in dining, well, I'll say what I'd do, food wise. For breakfast, I'd start at Boma first off. My theme park of choice would be the Magic Kingdom obviously. Having said that, I'd dine at Be Our Guest for lunch with the braised pork. An afternoon snack would be a Dole Whip (Either a float or just the soft serve but I'll go with just the soft serve of pineapple and vanilla!) and a Premium bar. (Yes, people, I can't have one of my top two favorite Disney deserts without the other on my birthday!) For dinner, I'd want something meaty. So a pork shank at Gaston's Tavern for dinner would be my pick! An evening snack if I'm still hungry enough would probably be a giant pretzel and maybe some caramel corn before Wishes to top it off! And to add more excitement, the night before my birthday, I'd eat at, where else but Earl of Sandwich with a Full Montagu! Only something I can dream of....

MountainMedic'sWife

My sister and I are going the first week of December to celebrate my 40th birthday. The hubbies and the kids are staying home! We're doing a short trip, just 4 nights, but we're going to try to pack in as much as possible. The first night there, we're doing MVMCP. Next day is MK again and between the two days we want to ride/view every attraction (not like the Ultimate Touring Guides but all of the main stuff). Dinner is Be Our Guest for some "Grey Stuff". The next two days are Epcot for Christmas storytellers, Candlelight Processional, and actually walking through each pavilion leisurely. :) Throw in some time at a couple of the resorts to see the Christmas sights and I think we'll be thoroughly happy and exhausted at the end. Oh, and full. I'm not sure we'll have enough time to eat everything on my list!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom