New Animal Kingdom Bus Stops

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
The new bus stops at Animal Kingdom opened for business today. Be advised that all of the load zones have changed except for Old Key West. Load zones are now as follows:

1. Wilderness Lodge/Grand Floridian
2. Contemporary/Polynesian
3. Yacht Club/Beach Club
4. Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin
5. Saratoga Springs
6. Caribbean Beach
7. Old Key West
8. Fort Wilderness
9. Coronado Springs
10. Animal Kingdom Lodge
11. Port Orleans
12. All-Star Resorts
13. Art of Animation
14. Pop Century
15. Epcot
16. Transportation & Ticket Center
17. Hollywood Studios

971615_4589125661189_2133581825_n.jpg
995817_4589125861194_1800921_n.jpg

ASilmser

The new bus stops at Animal Kingdom opened for business today. Be advised that all of the load zones have changed except for Old Key West. Load zones are now as follows:

3. Yacht Club/Beach Club
5. Saratoga Springs
6. Caribbean Beach
7. Old Key West
8. Fort Wilderness
9. Coronado Springs
10. Animal Kingdom Lodge
11. Port Orleans
12. All-Star Resorts
13. Art of Animation
14. Pop Century
15. Epcot
17. Hollywood Studios

Either I forgot, or totally missed that they were being re-vamped. Did they construct new turn arounds and shelters like they are doing at the MK stops?

CDavid

Saw these under construction a couple weeks ago, but hadn't even realized they had extended the shelter.

Maybe its just me, but the bus entrance into Animal Kingdom always makes me feel like I'm entering a prison compound or something, with its chain link fences and concrete barriers. Not a fitting entrance to an otherwise well themed park.

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
Saw these under construction a couple weeks ago, but hadn't even realized they had extended the shelter.

Maybe its just me, but the bus entrance into Animal Kingdom always makes me feel like I'm entering a prison compound or something, with its chain link fences and concrete barriers. Not a fitting entrance to an otherwise well themed park.

I agree. I drive in there 10-14 times a day and wish they would plant some bushes or something there. The small building they are constructing by in the median is a new driver restroom and waiting area.

DsnyFevr

Totally agree, every other park entrance gets you excited.

Tom

Beta Return
I read an article a while ago about the Disney parks. One of the main reasons the AK parking lot looks so empty/not a lot of landscaping is that way when you walk in the park it looks even more green and lush.

That sounds like the sort of rubbish a Disney/WDI spokesperson would spew in an interview to try and back peddle out of what was really an oversight or budget shortfall/cut.

Tom

Beta Return

3. Yacht Club/Beach Club
5. Saratoga Springs
6. Caribbean Beach
7. Old Key West
8. Fort Wilderness
9. Coronado Springs
10. Animal Kingdom Lodge
11. Port Orleans
12. All-Star Resorts
13. Art of Animation
14. Pop Century
15. Epcot
17. Hollywood Studios

Thanks for the great bus update, as usual, John.

Can you help me understand the logic behind the combining of the MK Area deluxes? And if they're going to combine them, why Wilderness/GF - the two that are furthest apart? Why not Poly/GF and WL/Contemp?

englanddg

One Little Spark...
That sounds like the sort of rubbish a Disney/WDI spokesperson would spew in an interview to try and back peddle out of what was really an oversight or budget shortfall/cut.

Well, it is false. The reason why it's so barren is so that the super top secret Disney crack snipers can rapidly dispense of any animals, Cast Members, or guests that spent less than $100 in merchandise that happen to stray out of the parks.

sniper by englanddg, on Flickr

:p

FireChiefGoofy

Original Poster
Thanks for the great bus update, as usual, John.

Can you help me understand the logic behind the combining of the MK Area deluxes? And if they're going to combine them, why Wilderness/GF - the two that are furthest apart? Why not Poly/GF and WL/Contemp?

I have no idea why they did it that way. Downtown Disney is the same way. However, it has thinned out demand by splitting them up. Animal Kingdom had the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian all on one bus. This way seems to be better.

Cosmic Commando

I'll buy the part about making the parking lot barren to make the park itself a bigger contrast, but why do the buses have to cross the cast members' path into the park? It's a little weird seeing safari drivers and the like strolling through the parking lot... it's unforgivable because this park more than any other was designed knowing that buses were bringing lots of people there every day! Animal Kingdom... the worst designed best designed park ever.

Tom

Beta Return
I'll buy the part about making the parking lot barren to make the park itself a bigger contrast, but why do the buses have to cross the cast members' path into the park? It's a little weird seeing safari drivers and the like strolling through the parking lot... it's unforgivable because this park more than any other was designed knowing that buses were bringing lots of people there every day! Animal Kingdom... the worst designed best designed park ever.

I have always been ashamed, on behalf of Disney, for the bus entrance to DAK. It is one of the biggest faux pas I've ever seen on property.

If the priorities are Safety, Courtesy, Show and Efficiency, they failed on #1 right off the bat. As you pointed out, the CMs have to cross the bus driveway to get to work.

It is the worst display of "show" anywhere at the resort. You drive past the pond and other backstage areas that look like a Concentration Camp, and (as you also noted) see CMs walking to work in costume. They put less than zero effort into this setup, and I don't know why they haven't done anything to correct it in 15 years...like maybe plant some trees, or anything!

Tom

Beta Return
I have no idea why they did it that way. Downtown Disney is the same way. However, it has thinned out demand by splitting them up. Animal Kingdom had the Contemporary, Polynesian, and Grand Floridian all on one bus. This way seems to be better.

But in general, do you know why they lump the Deluxe Resorts together at all? Their bus rides are another 50% longer (if you're the first pick-up) because of the tedious and slow-going trip to the other resort - and if you're the second pick-up, you're lucky to even get on.

And if Disney thinks the occupancy of the MK Area Deluxes warrants combining two of them (which I disagree with), why not combine two that are within close proximity to one another? The trip from Contemporary or WL to GF or Poly is ridiculous, because of all the stop signs/lights and navigating through/around the TTC parking lot. I've been on a bus for 10 minutes going from one deluxe to another, which is beyond frustrating.

Sorry to vent. Just one of many frustrations I have with WDW's bus system's inefficiencies.

Cosmic Commando

But in general, do you know why they lump the Deluxe Resorts together at all? Their bus rides are another 50% longer (if you're the first pick-up) because of the tedious and slow-going trip to the other resort - and if you're the second pick-up, you're lucky to even get on.

And if Disney thinks the occupancy of the MK Area Deluxes warrants combining two of them (which I disagree with), why not combine two that are within close proximity to one another? The trip from Contemporary or WL to GF or Poly is ridiculous, because of all the stop signs/lights and navigating through/around the TTC parking lot. I've been on a bus for 10 minutes going from one deluxe to another, which is beyond frustrating.

Sorry to vent. Just one of many frustrations I have with WDW's bus system's inefficiencies.

I have never and probably will never stay at a deluxe (maybe a couple nights once), but even I would think that the premiums that Disney charges for a room would get you your own bus for the Grand Flo? At $600 a night?!?!

Epicpilot

Maybe they figure that most guests forking out that sort of dough...prefer to drive their cars rather than ride on a perceived "hot" bus / monorail?
I stay at Poly almost every time I go to the world and almost everyone uses disney transport and don't drive.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom