All Star Sports Food Court Closing for Refurb

SMS55

Original Poster
Don't know if this has been posted or even if I am in the right section. I am staying at the All Star Sports from 8/14-8/18. I received a letter today telling us that the food court will be closing for a refurb August 5 and will reopen in late December. As per the letter they will be "grab and go items" such as sandwiches, salads and bakery items from the arcade which will cease being an arcade July 29th. Buses will be available for guests who are interested in going to All Star Music and All Star Movies food court and arcade. Wanted to pass it on for those that might have already booked or for those that are considering the hotel and might not want to inconvinience.

crispy

I am not planning a trip right now, but that's good to know because I am sure it will make the other All-Star food courts crazy busy.

dlc0816

I am assuming that they will still have the drink stations available? We are staying August 9-17 and wasn't concerned about the food but not sure I want to have to go to another resort just to get drinks!

JiminyandTink

I am assuming that they will still have the drink stations available? We are staying August 9-17 and wasn't concerned about the food but not sure I want to have to go to another resort just to get drinks!

I think that would have to be part of the snack station that they are setting up in the arcade. At the very least you would think that they would have to have cans or bottles if they can't set up the fountain dispensers (although I don't know how you'd manage the free refil cups). And of course the pool bar will still be open as well.

JiminyandTink

OUCH. I'm staying at Music during that time- guess we'll be fighting for our food!

I'm wondering what the impact will be on buses as well, I mean if people come over for a meal and are then going to the parks, they're not going to go back to Sports first, they'll just get in line at one of the other two hotels.

Zman-ks

This is going to make the dining areas nuts at the other two all stars!
75.gif

Didn't think of that...but your right...yikes.

wolf359

All Star Sports opened first, and is the least popular Value Resort, so it makes a lot of sense to give it an upgrade. Considering how much more successful Pop Century and Art of Animation's food courts are, it seems like a wise decision to rebuild at the All Stars.

This makes me wonder if Music is next?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom