Spaceship Earth closed August 18th-24th for refurbishment.

CDavid

The one Next-gen enhancement which could almost get me to reluctantly, grudgingly accept a Magic Band (note I said almost) would be for Spaceship Earth to recognize it was me and therefore activate the Jeremy Irons narration and soundtrack. Make the classic descent reappear from behind curtains and I'll actually wear the stupid thing.

Somehow I don't think there is any chance of a band in my future.

Goofnut1980

I wish they would brighten up the first projection scene.. Dang my old eyes can not adjust that quick to see it! lol

On a side note, I totally had a custom stencil made so I can put it above my kitchen cabinets to match the scene with the family watching the moon landing... It is the diamond pattern that runs along the top of the room. Can't wait to get paintin'!

Figments Friend

I've always liked when Rome's scent drifts outside by greeter. It's like SSE is welcoming you back and beckoning you inside.:) The way SSE interacts with the band is a good example of how Next Gen can be used to good effect in some attractions. It should help with some of the changes that I've never liked as much, making them a bit better/more blended/tolerable.
Agree...that smell wafting through the entrance is always comforting.

Interested to see what the NextGen band will bring to the SSE experience. If it adds a true respectable 'plus' to the experience, keeping in theme, this will be a nice addition.

Now that decent....there is where some 'plussing' could go....

wdw71fan

That is probably gone forever. It, in all likelihood, triggered some allergic reaction in someone so to be safe they just turn it off. I only hope for the sake of Soarin, that no one has a orange smell allergy.:eek: I'll bet that's why they say there will be no more Cinnamon Buns at the Bakery on Main Street...Cinnamon odor allergy.:D

I often wonder why people didn't have all these allergy back in the 50's. Less to smell? Maybe we didn't inhale as often. Don't know.o_O

it was working as recently as last Friday...

As far as what IS being done... I haven't the foggiest... I can find out though..

BigThunderMatt

:( it will be closed while we are there.

A shame I know. But on the positive side, a lot of attractions have been going down for minor refurbishments lately. If this is a trend that continues, it means in the long run attractions will be operating more reliably, hopefully. As it is right now, prior to all these minor refurbs, many attractions have numerous downtimes throughout the day. Sometimes hours long or even entire days. Wouldn't you rather at least know it was going to be closed and go into the park with that knowledge rather than go and find that some issue that likely could have been avoided with just a wee bit more preventative maintenance causes the ride to be down for extended periods or possibly your entire stay?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hopefully any track replacement will be at the top of the initial lift, the dawn of time. It gets noisier each trip. Parts of the track are trashed from incompetent investment and this must be the worst part.

Goofyernmost

it was working as recently as last Friday...

As far as what IS being done... I haven't the foggiest... I can find out though..
I was on it in January....It wasn't working then. I was on it the Previous April (2012) it wasn't working then. I was on it in December (2011) and it wasn't working then either. Maybe just bad timing?

aladdin2007

Heres my wish list: Descent of course, wont even begin on that we all know,,,but also fix the wrinkled black and dusty curtains (ascent and descent), fix the star lights on the left side that always seem to be off in the ascent,,,, clean the layers of dust off the potlights and rails in the descent,,,,,turn the paper boy around already its the most idiodic thing they ever did,,,,,fix the sound in the sistine chapel scene, its like they stuffed a tiny tape player back there and the music is coming from that,,,,hmm what else folks? likely we wont see alot of that happen but its a dream list, oh yeah the printing press wheel...anything else?

spacemountain89

I was on it in January....It wasn't working then. I was on it the Previous April (2012) it wasn't working then. I was on it in December (2011) and it wasn't working then either. Maybe just bad timing?

Heres my wish list: Descent of course, wont even begin on that we all know,,,but also fix the wrinkled black and dusty curtains (ascent and descent), fix the star lights on the left side that always seem to be off in the ascent,,,, clean the layers of dust off the potlights and rails in the descent,,,,,turn the paper boy around already its the most idiodic thing they ever did,,,,,fix the sound in the sistine chapel scene, its like they stuffed a tiny tape player back there and the music is coming from that,,,,hmm what else folks? likely we wont see alot of that happen but its a dream list, oh yeah the printing press wheel...anything else?

highly doubt they'll turn the paper boy around...but they do need to clean the wall on the left hand side right before the rome scene.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom