Rained like mad at WDW today

MissM

Actually, what hit us had nothing to do with the Tropical Storm, Andrea came through on Thursday and did just about nothing and is already long gone. This was some other storm front that went crazy and sat over the areas of US 27 at I-4 (for anyone who knows where that is) and also sat over Disney for a bit.
It also pounded us here in Tampa. In fact, we left around 5pm to head out thinking we'd spend a few hours at MK (I wanted to try out my new tripod and get some night shots) but quickly drove into a horrible downpour so bad that it was very slow going on the interstate and nearly zero visibility. I turned around at the Hard Rock (by the FL state fairgrounds) and then had to drive back into the rain and horrible traffic. By the time we got home, our power had gone out and was out for a couple hours so we wound up heading back out to get something to eat out.

We had more rain and flooding yesterday then we did from TS Andrea on Thursday! Glad to hear we turned back though; if it was as bad out in WDW it would have been a pointless trip!

MOXOMUMD

We got caught in a storm like this last year at AK. We got off the WIldlife Express and found refuge in the first gift shop past the exit. I bought my daughter a tube of rocks to play with and we wound up standing by a rack of windchimes for over an hour before it let up enough to go out. I got a kick out of all the people who acted like they were going to melt. The gift shop did sell out of ponchos with the first ten minutes we were in there. I figured, eh it's Florida. We did get back to Pop and the walkway to our building had flooded so we had to go the long way around to get to the elevators.

Omi19

Our family were at MGM ten years ago or so. The rains came, and stayed, and stayed. When the streets were all flooded at least ankle deep, we gave up and returned to the bus stop for our Deluxe resort. There was very little protection from the wind and rain. And the wait wound up being 45 minutes. Bus after bus came and went for all the other resorts, with no word regarding ours. And there was no CM around to ask. Finally, a replacement arrived for the original bus, which it turned out had broken down just as it was to enter the bus stop area.

Gt2BtheGoodLife

It also pounded us here in Tampa. In fact, we left around 5pm to head out thinking we'd spend a few hours at MK (I wanted to try out my new tripod and get some night shots) but quickly drove into a horrible downpour so bad that it was very slow going on the interstate and nearly zero visibility. I turned around at the Hard Rock (by the FL state fairgrounds) and then had to drive back into the rain and horrible traffic. By the time we got home, our power had gone out and was out for a couple hours so we wound up heading back out to get something to eat out.

We had more rain and flooding yesterday then we did from TS Andrea on Thursday! Glad to hear we turned back though; if it was as bad out in WDW it would have been a pointless trip!

Oh wow, I didn't know it hit you guys hard too! I was driving to work and had to pull off because I couldn't see the exit that was 5 feet in front of me. It was crazy! Glad to know everyone was safe at the end of the day!

MissM

Oh wow, I didn't know it hit you guys hard too! I was driving to work and had to pull off because I couldn't see the exit that was 5 feet in front of me. It was crazy! Glad to know everyone was safe at the end of the day!
Yeah it was nasty! Of course, being Florida a friend of mine in St. Pete said it was a light rain for them and none of the flooding and power outages that we had over here.

ToTBellHop

Good storm.

Put on the flip flops and enjoy the short lines!

Very typical for summer--glad FL is getting good rain, actually. Frequently, in years past, it has still been very dry in early June with fires. That doesn't seem to be the case this year.

luv

Good storm.

Put on the flip flops and enjoy the short lines!

Very typical for summer--glad FL is getting good rain, actually. Frequently, in years past, it has still been very dry in early June with fires. That doesn't seem to be the case this year.
June is usually pretty rainy. So are July and August. September is fairly wet, too.

ddbowdoin

I can't speak for other parks — I was only at MK — but Tomorrowland walkways were shin deep, and the Speedway and Mansion were flooded. (Also, they were bussing to EC instead of monorails.) Any other rain-related shenanigans?

I experienced a wicked downpour this past March! We happened to be lucky and were right near the exit of the Liberty Belle so we were able to duck in and stay dry. We saw people running, losing shoes, strollers lost, strollers soaked! It was a pretty good pour, probably 40 minutes we sat there.

ChevisMickey

We were in MK last Thursday for TS Andrea, and we had a blast! The wind and rain kept the temperature way down, so the ponchos were comfortable. Flip flops and sandals to keep our feet from becoming puddles. Low crowds while it rained. It was fun. The rain eased up as the day progressed, and stopped in time for the ELP and Wishes. I believe we did most of what we wanted, some of them more than once, and even walked around Tom's Island. Looks like Saturday was a bit worse though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom