Rained like mad at WDW today

Zweiland

I hate rain in Disney parks. At least it's Florida, where usually the rain is only in the afternoon and is quite short. Sounds like that wasn't the case today. Hope you had a great time anyway.

emcclay

The store you exit into after Splash Mountain also flooded. Hope the CM's saw it coming and were able to get guests and themselves to safety.

MattC

We did HS in the morning yesterday and then took a break at the house for lunch and a nap. Tried going to AK in afternoon but when we parked the rain started and it was coming down hard. I thought it would be the normal short FL thunderstorm, but after 15 we gave up. It rained the rest of the afternoon. We saw a lot of people walking to there cars absolutely soaked.

WDWVolFan

Rain can be a pain but after you're already soaked, just enjoy it lol
Last time we just lucked out when it rain on our first day at MK because we all had flip flops on and didn't have to worry about tennis shoes weighing 50lbs so we just decided to avoid lines and keep going lol

ToyStoryMiss

Ah, I remember a time when it poured.
We were at DHS in 2009 and it started to rain..it turned into a full-on downpour.
So we had to take shelter on the steps of AIE.
Then we went to see BatB Live! and while waiting for it to start..it poured so hard I thought a palm tree was going to fall over. :confused:

Gt2BtheGoodLife

That was Tropical Storm Andrea coming threw! Should be good now.

Actually, what hit us had nothing to do with the Tropical Storm, Andrea came through on Thursday and did just about nothing and is already long gone. This was some other storm front that went crazy and sat over the areas of US 27 at I-4 (for anyone who knows where that is) and also sat over Disney for a bit.

Halian

Original Poster
Actually, what hit us had nothing to do with the Tropical Storm, Andrea came through on Thursday and did just about nothing and is already long gone. This was some other storm front that went crazy and sat over the areas of US 27 at I-4 (for anyone who knows where that is) and also sat over Disney for a bit.

Davenport, in northeastern Polk County.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Davenport,_Florida

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom