Epcot's Character Spot meet and greet location reopens from major refurbishment in June

secondstartotheright

Really? An eight month refurb and we end up with almost the exact same tacky cartoon backgrounds as last time. They might as well have made the temporary spot permanent- it looked so much better!

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Well, let's try and find the positive here. They CAN'T have spent a lot of money on this that could have been used for another attraction. There is no way that cost a ton to do.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Did they rework the queue at all? Maybe that's where all the time was spent? Cause, from what I saw pictured, install for that shouldn't take more than a week, at most. Carpeting could be done overnight (we do store renovations with larger footprints and carpet them overnight), painting would take a day at most, installing the fixtures and lighting, MAYBE another two days...

I'm flabbergasted. I also...don't like the new backgrounds as much as the old ones.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
And you also can't see the characters through the windows anymore according to twitter reports. I don't like this change as it was always fun to watch others meeting and greeting the characters

Well, that's a shame. My kid doesn't always want to wait in line, but enjoys walking by and seeing the Characters and waving at them through the glass. They haven't ever waved back at her, but that's not the point.

asianway

So they closed it for months and took away 2 characters and it still look like the same tacky backgrounds they just took the cartoon people out.
It was a push FTE wise. Added 3 performers in the extra room, lost sailor Donald, & stitch and daisy at the front.

Brain dead guests who will give a bad survey if they can't meet Mickey Right now is why we can't have nice things-not that the old CS was that great. I prefer when they had the rainbow brite overlays myself

montyz81

Really? An eight month refurb and we end up with almost the exact same tacky cartoon backgrounds as last time. They might as well have made the temporary spot permanent- it looked so much better!
I agree. I spent more time looking at the mural of epcot then the characters ( until my kids pictures were being taken). Loved seeing the original look of EPCOT, prism included. I miss the prism.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom