Miceage Update: New Soarin film by 2015, DHS refurb on the way.

cookiee_munster

out of interest, when the ending footage is filmed of flying over the disney park(s) is there an after effects proccess then added to hide all the show buildings with CG tree's etc???

ive never been on any of the soarin' rides, so i don't know what they're like. but for me, to be on that ride and swoop in over disneyland/disneyworld and see all those grey/beige show buildings, it would take away a bit of the magic...

englanddg

One Little Spark...
out of interest, when the ending footage is filmed of flying over the disney park(s) is there an after effects proccess then added to hide all the show buildings with CG tree's etc???

ive never been on any of the soarin' rides, so i don't know what they're like. but for me, to be on that ride and swoop in over disneyland/disneyworld and see all those grey/beige show buildings, it would take away a bit of the magic...

They don't sour over WDW at all. Only Disneyland California. The camera swoops down Main Street USA all lit up (looks like it's decorated for Christmas, but don't quote me on that), and then Tinkerbell appears and flies into Sleeping Beauty Castle. Due to the fact that it's a night shot and layout of Disneyland, the back part of the Park behind the castle isn't really visible. Then the camera pans up to fireworks.

Great ending to a fantastic ride...but I still wish the Epcot version was WDW!

If you want to see yourself, here's the video they use in the ride. Skip to 4:13 to see Disneyland.

cookiee_munster

They don't sour over WDW at all. Only Disneyland California. The camera swoops down Main Street USA all lit up (looks like it's decorated for Christmas, but don't quote me on that), and then Tinkerbell appears and flies into Sleeping Beauty Castle. Due to the fact that it's a night shot and layout of Disneyland, the back part of the Park behind the castle isn't really visible. Then the camera pans up to fireworks.

Great ending to a fantastic ride...but I still wish the Epcot version was WDW!

If you want to see yourself, here's the video they use in the ride. Skip to 4:13 to see Disneyland.

that's great, cheers! :)

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I've never thought about it (I've been like probably everyone else who thought that Soarin' should end over Epcot), but you're right - it makes sense that Soarin' finishes over Disneyland California - the rest of the film is based on California, so why not the ending?

The only issue at the moment is that they dropped the "Over California" from the Soarin' name for Epcot - and because people don't necessarily realise that the whole film is based on California (it could be any golf course, ski slope, etc.), then it seems weird that it finishes at Disneyland California.

Of course, if they do create a new film, then they need to end it at Epcot.
That would be awesome. Swooping down over Spaceship Eartch and between the Communicore...er..Innoventions. Put Mickey on top of SSE waving at you as a nod to the original Epcot commercial from the 80s. Then, as you approach World Showcase, Illuminations could start up. You would fly around the flames and fireworks, and then the lasers would start up and shoot you down where you crash into the lagoon.

Epic ending!

djkidkaz

I think a new Soarin film should have random scenes and effects. Similar to star tours, they can randomize each time so it's different. Just make it all work with the music and have the wind and scent effects change up depending on the scene and your golden!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
If they do a new film, is anyone placing bets on it if will be 3D? I hope it's not...3D sortof stinks for people who wear glasses...

I don't mind it with limited applications, but rushing to put it in every attraction is annoying.

Cletus

I think a new Soarin film should have random scenes and effects. Similar to star tours, they can randomize each time so it's different. Just make it all work with the music and have the wind and scent effects change up depending on the scene and your golden!

Actually I had always wished they did exactly what you mention. I think it would be cool to have random shots of flying into WDW from various big cities across the country, showing off cool aspects of each region along the way. But hey, we aren't Imagineers so that can never happen. :confused:

imagineer boy

If they do a new film, is anyone placing bets on it if will be 3D? I hope it's not...3D sortof stinks for people who wear glasses...

I don't mind it with limited applications, but rushing to put it in every attraction is annoying.

Don't worry, 3-D is not possible with Imax/Omnimax films.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Actually I had always wished they did exactly what you mention. I think it would be cool to have random shots of flying into WDW from various big cities across the country, showing off cool aspects of each region along the way. But hey, we aren't Imagineers so that can never happen. :confused:
I think that would be awesome. As well as a nod to international guests, and adding variety. It ties with e theme of Epcot as well...

Tinkerbell 8

Here's hoping for the new Soarin film, and that they actually bring it to Epcot!! The majority of the updates/rehabs seem to be for DL and not here in WDW which is upsetting, DL just got carsland and an entire redo of DCA, why not show some love to this part of the country too!

djlaosc

That would be awesome. Swooping down over Spaceship Eartch and between the Communicore...er..Innoventions. Put Mickey on top of SSE waving at you as a nod to the original Epcot commercial from the 80s. Then, as you approach World Showcase, Illuminations could start up. You would fly around the flames and fireworks, and then the lasers would start up and shoot you down where you crash into the lagoon.

Epic ending!

That's what I'm hoping for... (apart from the crash landing ;) ) - if you want, soar up Main Street to visit Cinderella's Castle before following the monorail down towards Epcot, but it probably should finish in Epcot, as that is where you will exit to...

Plus, ending a tour of the world with a view of World Showcase would almost be poetic... (all the world together in harmony)

I also wonder whether a new Soarin' video for DCA would finish in DCA this time around (Mickey's Fun Wheel and World of Color)?

Cody5242

TDO would be stupid not to upgrade Soarin. Soarin the World would probably be the most popular attraction at WDW due to its variety. TDO knows it would be a good investment and it wouldn't be expensive since they're just swapping films

Matt7187

Would all be wonderful, but I'll believe it when I ride it. I also hope we get some great announcements at the expo which I will be at!

JLipnick

Here's the thing. Attractions at WDW seem to only get a major upgrade due to declining attendance. From what I understand Soarin in DCA meets its capacity numbers, but has nowhere near the demand of Soarin in Epcot. It would not surprise me in the least if WDW took the "If it ain't broke..." position.
I think part of the reason Soarin is so popular is there is not much else to do on Epcot. If they added more, the wait for Soarin would decrease. Same goes for Toy Story Mania in DHS.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom