Miceage Update: New Soarin film by 2015, DHS refurb on the way.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
They seemed fairly certain by tossing the filming date for the floyover out there. Ive marked my calendar.
Yep well I have my fingers crossed. Would love to see a refresh to Soarin, particularly the imaging system. I always remember the number of times we heard about Star Tours "filming" over the years. Took more than 10 years before we saw it happen.

ToTBellHop

It would be a travesty if they didn't, California gets Soarin' over the world, and Florida keeps Soarin' over California. o_O

With that said, would I be surprised if that happned, sadley no.
I would actually be surprised. It's such a minimal investment since it's just putting on a new movie, some infrastructure updates, and new ride programming (already programmed for DL). Plus they could then market it as "newly updated." Disney does seem to love adding the same attraction to DLR and WDW at the same time to save money.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It would be a travesty if they didn't, California gets Soarin' over the world, and Florida keeps Soarin' over California. o_O

With that said, would I be surprised if that happned, sadley no.

Depends if TDO has anything to do with it.

Here's the thing. Attractions at WDW seem to only get a major upgrade due to declining attendance. From what I understand Soarin in DCA meets its capacity numbers, but has nowhere near the demand of Soarin in Epcot. It would not surprise me in the least if WDW took the "If it ain't broke..." position.

GiveMeTheMusic

Here's the thing. Attractions at WDW seem to only get a major upgrade due to declining attendance. From what I understand Soarin in DCA meets its capacity numbers, but has nowhere near the demand of Soarin in Epcot. It would not surprise me in the least if WDW took the "If it ain't broke..." position.

Yeah, but if SDL and DLR foot the bill, they'll extend their grubby hands to Burbank for the new film and pay the $10 needed for the digital projectors.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Something that may impact the decision is if the new projection system can reduce maintenance and increase performance. It seems like it would, so that may certainly be a factor, even with the existing high attendance at Epcot's Soarin.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom