Universal Employment Perks

DocMcHulk

Original Poster
I often read about the perks of being a Disney cast member (discounts, main gate tickets, stuff like that). But, what are the perks of being an employee at universal?

katiekinzakat

You get better discounts 20% (I think?) on all food, including quick service and Butterbeer if you get it at the Three Broomsticks/Hogs Head. Lots of Team Member events like free/cheap dance classes, various trips stuff like that. Food at the employee grills is served at cost so I can get a cheeseburger/fries/Coke for $3.63 total as opposed to $7 or $8 dollars at the Mouseketeria. Also, Team Members have gotten admission to all special events such as HHN plus HHN preview day. And I got a turkey with our holiday packages as well as a free turkey dinner since I worked Thanksgiving.

Californian Elitist

My brother works at the one in Hollywood, and since it's a movie studio, team members get to go to special team-member only screenings of the Universal movies on the lot, and they can take a guest. Very cool.

He also gets family tickets for Grinchmas, along with comp tickets each year, not to mention major discounts on park tickets for family and friends, and annual passes. Once again, very cool.

They gave him a free turkey for Thanksgiving and free gym services. Cool, cool, COOL.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My son showing his Disney CM ID got into their Halloween for $10, he went. He got into Disney's Halloween for free.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
My son showing his Disney CM ID got into their Halloween for $10, he went. He got into Disney's Halloween for free.
CMs no longer get into hard-ticket events free. Uni TMs, however, get into Sea World and Busch Gardens free.

Gabe1

CMs no longer get into hard-ticket events free. Uni TMs, however, get into Sea World and Busch Gardens free.

Which CMs are you speaking of Uni's or Disney's not getting in for free? Cause my kid got into both parties at the MK Free and Uni Halloween party for $10.00

TubaGeek

Cast members are Disney's, Team Members are Unit's.
How long ago was this? Because I'm talking about the most recent round of parties.

RyenDeckard

Which CMs are you speaking of Uni's or Disney's not getting in for free? Cause my kid got into both parties at the MK Free and Uni Halloween party for $10.00
You brought your kid into Halloween Horror Nights? I don't know how that can be classified as a "party"

lego606

MagicBandit
Do Uni employees get benefits on both coasts? (like how a Disneyland CM can use their ID at WDW, unless I'm mistaken on that?)

Gabe1

You brought your kid into Halloween Horror Nights? I don't know how that can be classified as a "party"

I didn't say that. I have an adult son that is a CM at Disney. Yeah, in a heart beat as a 20 something he enjoys Uni's version of Halloween over Dis.
Cast members are Disney's, Team Members are Unit's.
How long ago was this? Because I'm talking about the most recent round of parties.
2012, yeah, I know that but he isn't a Uni employee but Uni had a perk for Dis CM's for $10

Are you still a Dis CM?

TubaGeek

2012, yeah, I know that but he isn't a Uni employee but Uni had a perk for Dis CM's for $10
I'm just confused that he got into the Disney parties for free. Is he in ticket sales? I know SELECT positions can still get in for free, just not most of 'em.

Gabe1

I'm just confused that he got into the Disney parties for free. Is he in ticket sales? I know SELECT positions can still get in for free, just not most of 'em.

His position and the one before, both are in the standard perks. Who is excluded from the perks I am not aware of. But the perk is limited, he cannot bring me into a hard ticket event for free

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom