If You Haven't Done It Before, It's New to You! June 11-18 PTR

Hello everyone! I am so excited that I will be back in the world for the first time in 2 years, and 3 months! Not that I was counting…

For this trip, we are trying out things we haven’t done before. The first big one is WDW in June. We have gone once in January, and lately we have been going in March. The weather is lovely, and the kids are off for Spring Break. This year, although we would have liked to go in March, Easter Sunday fell on the last day. We didn’t want to pay extra to deal with overly large crowds, so we figured, early June would be nice.

We hit the airport on June 11th, which is my DD’s birthday! She has never celebrated a birthday at WDW, so, another first! Our plane is supposed to land at MCO at 2:30. Usually, we tend to get flights that arrive much later in the day. I think the earliest we have gotten to MCO is 6PM. So, yes, another first! For the first time ever, we might
end up at a park on our very first day!

After we land, we find our way (and if I don’t get lost, this will be a first, too) to DME. DME whisks us to POR where we will stay in a Royal Room. Also a first, for those keeping track. I have already done the online check in, so we should be good to go.

June 12th-Lunch ressie at Liberty Treed Tavern. Never been, and I am already trying to talks the others into splitting the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake with me.

June 13th-Not a first, but the kids love it and insisted, and we haven’t been in 3 years. Sci-Fi Dine In. The first for that day is Star Tours 2.0!

June 14th-It’s our first split stay! Moving HQ from POR to POFQ. This keeps my jazz lovin’ DS happy, and I think that’s about all he could handle staying in a Princess Room.

June 15th-First time dining at La Hacienda. We are trying to time it to get a view of Illuminations from inside the restaurant. Big things to try here—Shrimp tacos, and an avocado margarita.

June 16th-First Fathers Day at WDW, First time doing a brunch for Fathers Day, first
time at Chef Mickey’s! This is a surprise for my DD. She loves Mickey, and at the
ripe old age of 10, I think it’s time we take care of this.

The rest of our plans, well, we tend to play it loose. Other firsts we have planned include:

-First time trying Flametree BBQ

-First time listening to the Jazz Band at Grand Floridian (First time setting foot in there, for that matter).

-First time trying a Magic Cookie Bar!

-First time seeing the new ghost ending at HM. Last time we were there, the end was disappointing while they upgraded it.

-Would really like to make a rope drop. Even if it means I go by myself!

Who knows what else? The sad part—I only have until the 18th to pack it all in.

Alexis

Sounds nice! Hope you have a great time.
If you have no one to split that Ooey Gooey cake with you, I'll be willing to share it with you and I'm sure the many on here agree with me! :)

Enjoy your vacation! Hope you sneak a visit to the Magic Kingdom in there!

Pooh'sBuddy

June 12th-Lunch ressie at Liberty Treed Tavern. Never been, and I am already trying to talks the others into splitting the Ooey Gooey Toffee cake with me.
Sounds like a great trip hope to see you in the MK on the 12th I'll be wearing a Figment pack!

Be looking for us, too. Not completely sure what we'll wear that day, though. Either the tie dyed shirts or I'll be wearing my 'Peace - Love - Mickey' shirt.

PolynesianPrincess

You have an awesome trip planned!! POR and POFQ are both beautiful! I'm hoping to get over to POFQ and size it up on our trip in a few weeks to see if we'd like to stay there in November! :)

And Liberty Tree Tavern's lunch was REALLY good when we went! Easily top 3 favorite meals of the trip. The pot roast was amazing!!!

Have a great time and can't wait to read all about it when you return!! :)

Zman-ks

Sounds like its going to be an awesome trip! :)
75.gif

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
You have an awesome trip planned!! POR and POFQ are both beautiful! I'm hoping to get over to POFQ and size it up on our trip in a few weeks to see if we'd like to stay there in November! :)

And Liberty Tree Tavern's lunch was REALLY good when we went! Easily top 3 favorite meals of the trip. The pot roast was amazing!!!

Have a great time and can't wait to read all about it when you return!! :)
I love POFQ--the whole family does, actually. But, especially for the birthday girl, and because of the discount, have to try it. I am a little hesitant about the bus situation. You get used to that one stop, and always being the first stop at POFQ. But we figure if the wait is bad, it's a nice walk from POR to FQ, and we can catch a bus there.

And I have high hopes for LTT. I'll let you know how it goes!

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Yesterday, we got some mail from the mouse. Not the full blown Mickey Mail, but Magical Express. I was excited, until I opened it up. They were only the transfers for the end of our trip. Don't need to be reminded that the vacation only lasts a short time. I was showing it to my DH, because it did include the pretty yellow tags for our luggage, and then I looked at them closely. They are marked for POFQ. So, if I put those tags on the suitcases, our luggage will end up at the wrong place. I hope another Magical Express envelope shows up soon. And our Mickey Mail!

disneygirl1

Sounds like you have yourself a MAGICAL trip planned. We arrive at AoA on 6/13 then transfer over to AKV on the 14th for a week! We can't wait! Sorry about the issues with the DME vouchers, did you call them and get it fixed? At least you have enough time for them to resend you new yellow tags. We got our tags the other day too. They were right, thank goodness, but the vouchers said that we never provided out flight info, which I gave to them at least twice since Feb! They say they added it and we are good to go now when I called, but I am going to call again later this week just to make sure. Feel like they are a little off their game lately! Wonder if the issues are b/c of the new system and MDE roll out?

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Sounds like you have yourself a MAGICAL trip planned. We arrive at AoA on 6/13 then transfer over to AKV on the 14th for a week! We can't wait! Sorry about the issues with the DME vouchers, did you call them and get it fixed? At least you have enough time for them to resend you new yellow tags. We got our tags the other day too. They were right, thank goodness, but the vouchers said that we never provided out flight info, which I gave to them at least twice since Feb! They say they added it and we are good to go now when I called, but I am going to call again later this week just to make sure. Feel like they are a little off their game lately! Wonder if the issues are b/c of the new system and MDE roll out?
AoA and AKV? Sounds like you have a Magical trip planned, too!

Mickey Mail showed up today! And, included in them are the "real" DME things we need to get us from MCO to POR. I guess the second DME packet is just for going back from POFQ to MCO? Just have to remember to put the right tags on the bags!

The new system is the pits! I did not include in this PTR the 1 hr phone call to change the original dates of the vacation, and book a second stay for the split. The CM couldn't get the computer to change the original ressie, and had to have a supervisor help, who also had problems with it. Call, and call again. Don't be afraid to triple check things.

disneygirl1

AoA and AKV? Sounds like you have a Magical trip planned, too!

Mickey Mail showed up today! And, included in them are the "real" DME things we need to get us from MCO to POR. I guess the second DME packet is just for going back from POFQ to MCO? Just have to remember to put the right tags on the bags!

The new system is the pits! I did not include in this PTR the 1 hr phone call to change the original dates of the vacation, and book a second stay for the split. The CM couldn't get the computer to change the original ressie, and had to have a supervisor help, who also had problems with it. Call, and call again. Don't be afraid to triple check things.

Yep! We are definitely pretty excited for this trip to get here!

Glad you got the DME all cleared up. I am going to phone them again tomorrow, just to make certain they have my flight info correct. We got 2 DME booklets too. One for our arrival flight to AoA and one for our departure flight from AKV. The AKV one looks good to go, but the AoA one says no flight info which majes me nervous. Even though they told me our flight info is now in the system, I am still skeptical.

And YES, I am NOT a fan of the new system at all. Disney being a multimillion company really surprised me with all the issues they are having.

MouseDreaming

Original Poster
Here we are, two weeks left. Saturday, DH sprained his ankle, so he must rest and ice it, or become part of the scooter brigade. (Hi Honey, put your foot up!)

@figmentfan423 reminds us today is new friend old friend day, and I am excited to say I found out last night an old friend will be at the parks during our visit! And, of course, I am excited to meet some new friends as well. @figmentfan423, @Pooh'sBuddy, @bethymouse, and the rest of the June 12 crew, time to get some particulars ironed out.

I still have a lot to do before this trip arrives, but I can't wait! When we hit teens, DD and I did the Gummy Bear. Single digits, I'm thinking The Continental Drift.

Pooh'sBuddy

Here we are, two weeks left. Saturday, DH sprained his ankle, so he must rest and ice it, or become part of the scooter brigade. (Hi Honey, put your foot up!)

@figmentfan423 reminds us today is new friend old friend day, and I am excited to say I found out last night an old friend will be at the parks during our visit! And, of course, I am excited to meet some new friends as well. @figmentfan423, @Pooh'sBuddy, @bethymouse, and the rest of the June 12 crew, time to get some particulars ironed out.

I still have a lot to do before this trip arrives, but I can't wait! When we hit teens, DD and I did the Gummy Bear. Single digits, I'm thinking The Continental Drift.

Oh, NOOO! I hope he heals up well quickly. But take it easy in the Parks, too, so he doesn't aggravate it.

Thanks for your sweet thoughts. I can't wait to try to meet up, too. What time are you trying to get to MK? We'll be there all day but for our 'Ohana ADRs at 5:20. We want to walk around the Poly for a while beforehand and have a nice, long dinner, but we'll be back in the Kingdom after that.

Figgy1

Premium Member

I doig this to celebrate only having 14 days left!!!!!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom