New Monsters University Material at Monsters Inc Laugh Floor

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
Today Monsters Inc was using some new material incorporating Monsters University. It seems a little shoehorned, but at least doesn't create any discrepancy regarding the fact that the new movie is a prequel. I figure the monsters'll figure out how to make it more organic over time.

luv

I don't think I saw the old show enough to notice new or old material.

Did the show change or is it just new jokes? And is whatever they're doing permanent or are they testing?

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Original Poster
Did the show change or is it just new jokes? And is whatever they're doing permanent or are they testing?
The preshow, the Mike/Roz stuff, and the two-headed monster was all the same... for now.
Buddy did an act about how he is still a student and had to prepare for a funny-face final at MU and picked audience members to demonstrate said faces; he had a new MU backdrop. Marty had a piece of MU stuff in the background, and said that his uncle Mike went to MU and he wanted to too and asked the audience if they had heard of the school. That part felt kinda' shoehorned, but I have faith that it'll improve. Heck, it's only Day One...

luv

The preshow, the Mike/Roz stuff, and the two-headed monster was all the same... for now.
Buddy did an act about how he is still a student and had to prepare for a funny-face final at MU and picked audience members to demonstrate said faces; he had a new MU backdrop. Marty had a piece of MU stuff in the background, and said that his uncle Mike went to MU and he wanted to too and asked the audience if they had heard of the school. That part felt kinda' shoehorned, but I have faith that it'll improve. Heck, it's only Day One...
Thanks.

Now I'll have to see the show. This will be great if they change the name. We can call it MULF...and not get comment about how we're abbreviating it! :cool:

openendedsky

I went to the laugh floor maybe a week and a half ago and they were using people in the audience to reinact the first monster's inc which I had never seen before so I thought that was interesting. This will be cool to see.

djlaosc

Thanks.

Now I'll have to see the show. This will be great if they change the name. We can call it MULF...and not get comment about how we're abbreviating it! :cool:

You would think that they would want to change the name to further promote the new movie, but if they are referencing that Mike went to Monsters University, not is going to Monsters University, then the show would still occur after Monsters Inc. (is this how it fits into Tomorrowland, because they're making a prequel so that the show exists in the future? Should we be expecting a Lilo & Stitch prequel? Where actually does Stitch's Great Escape fit into the Lilo & Stitch timeline?)

Taylor

You would think that they would want to change the name to further promote the new movie, but if they are referencing that Mike went to Monsters University, not is going to Monsters University, then the show would still occur after Monsters Inc. (is this how it fits into Tomorrowland, because they're making a prequel so that the show exists in the future? Should we be expecting a Lilo & Stitch prequel? Where actually does Stitch's Great Escape fit into the Lilo & Stitch timeline?)
Stitches escape is from the beginning of the movie it's how he gets to earth

luv

SGE doesn't fit, period, lol. ;)

novawildcat18

Yes, it has to be after Monster's Inc (as opposed to Monster's University) because they don't discover human laughter's power until the end of MI. It's safe to assume that human screams are the source of power at the end of MU.

WDWDad13

One of the reasons I don't go to that is because if audience participation. I want to see a show not be part of it personally. Now fantasmic is doing that junk too as preshow.

openendedsky

One of the reasons I don't go to that is because if audience participation. I want to see a show not be part of it personally. Now fantasmic is doing that junk too as preshow.
I actually really like the audience participation, and the main reason I return to see it almost every time I go to MK. It's not that great on its own, but given an audience member who is willing to play along, it can be hilarious.

WDWDad13

I actually really like the audience participation, and the main reason I return to see it almost every time I go to MK. It's not that great on its own, but given an audience member who is willing to play along, it can be hilarious.

That's just it I don't mind it if its not me lol

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom