Letter from Mickey & Gang

dkosdros

Original Poster
I tried searching and couldn't find a thread on this. I tried googling it as well (Cmon thats what we do when we don't have an answer, google it) and didn't have much luck. Is there a way to get a letter from Mickey Mouse? My DD is turning 6 this May and for her Birthday I would love to get a personalized letter from him to her or from Tinkerbell or a princess. Anyone really because beggars can't be choosers. Anyone know how I would go about doing this? I have pictures from our last trip I want to incorporate with it somehow. My other option is going to be trying to forge the names from her autograph book with her picture and a letter. We are going back next February and I think she would get a huge kick out of getting a letter for her birthday. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

MountainMedic'sWife

I don't know about a letter but you can get a "call" from Mickey. The following is from Mousesavers and tells you how to go about it.
Sign up for the Disney Junior mailing list and enter your child’s name and birthday. Starting 5 weeks before the big day, you’ll receive a reminder email with instructions on how to schedule a personalized greeting for your special boy or girl. Have Mickey, Minnie, or Jake send their birthday message in an animated video, a phone call, or BOTH!

luv

I downloaded the Disney font and used it to make the letter and envelope look official (to a little kid.) Typed the letter, copied Mickey's signature and mailed it to my niece when she was four.

She loved it and even showed me the stickers Mickey sent her! Had me put one on my hand like she did, but I did it wrong. "No, no, no, luv. Like this! That's the way for Mickey!"

dkosdros

Original Poster
I saw you could download the Disney Font. How exactly does that work? So i download it and drop it into a word folder or something? I don't get how you use it in word or better yet if i could do it in Adobe that I have.

luv

I saw you could download the Disney Font. How exactly does that work? So i download it and drop it into a word folder or something? I don't get how you use it in word or better yet if i could do it in Adobe that I have.
I should clarify, lol.

I found the Disney font, couldn't figure it out, called my son in and had him download it and show me how to get it. :D

Whenever I say I did anything that is in any way tech-related, I mean that I made my son do it for me. This includes hooking up DVD players, making the remote control work, all of it. :)

bethymouse

I used to have a "print shop" program for Disney. I have no idea where it is now! I printed many cards from Disney back in the day ( 20 years ago!).:eek:

Alley7728

I tried searching and couldn't find a thread on this. I tried googling it as well (Cmon thats what we do when we don't have an answer, google it) and didn't have much luck. Is there a way to get a letter from Mickey Mouse? My DD is turning 6 this May and for her Birthday I would love to get a personalized letter from him to her or from Tinkerbell or a princess. Anyone really because beggars can't be choosers. Anyone know how I would go about doing this? I have pictures from our last trip I want to incorporate with it somehow. My other option is going to be trying to forge the names from her autograph book with her picture and a letter. We are going back next February and I think she would get a huge kick out of getting a letter for her birthday. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
I have a Disney printshop cd I would be be happy to send you. I have used it hundreds of times over the years but haven't used it in many years since. Just let me know:)

mrdisman

you need an artist

DizneyPryncess

I saw this on Pinterest. You could send a letter to Tink or any of the Princesses, and get this cute postcard in return. I sent Tinkerbell a birthday invitation for DD and got this postcard back. It was addressed to DD, and is hanging on our fridge. Super cute!
http://www.couponingtodisney.com/write-a-letter-to-a-disney-character-and-get-a-postcard-in-return/

Another thing you could do, which a friend just emailed me yesterday, is Letters from Cinderella. I haven't tried it, looks cute though. http://www.lettersfromcinderella.com/

aRiv

If you go on free font websites like dafont.com you can find hundreds of downloadable fonts and I'm sure they have some Disney ones. They might not be called "Disney fonts" exactly but if you play around on there you'll come across some. I've recently downloaded a font that's exactly like The Nightmare Before Christmas' font. You could maybe find some disney stationary or cardstock and print on there. If she has a picture with Mickey maybe write something about that so she knows that "Mickey" remembered her ;)

popcenturylover

I saw this on Pinterest. You could send a letter to Tink or any of the Princesses, and get this cute postcard in return. I sent Tinkerbell a birthday invitation for DD and got this postcard back. It was addressed to DD, and is hanging on our fridge. Super cute!
http://www.couponingtodisney.com/write-a-letter-to-a-disney-character-and-get-a-postcard-in-return/

Another thing you could do, which a friend just emailed me yesterday, is Letters from Cinderella. I haven't tried it, looks cute though. http://www.lettersfromcinderella.com/
We did this for my DD4! You can also send a letter to Mickey & the gang to get a postcard back from them. My DD wants to frame hers & put them on her wall!

dkosdros

Original Poster
Thanks All. I am going to try the font thing this weekend and see what I can come up with. Also may do the phone call and post card in conjunction with it and send the letter after mentioning the phone call and post card to really tie them all in together.

Lexiezmom

Someone told me you can write to Disney at:
Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Walt Disney World
1675 N Buena Vista Dr
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830

Be sure to include your childs: Name, Date of Birth, Your name, Phone and allow 6 weeks but you should get an autographed card from Mickey and Pals.

MOXOMUMD

Someone told me you can write to Disney at:
Mickey and Minnie Mouse
Walt Disney World
1675 N Buena Vista Dr
Lake Buena Vista, Fl 32830

Be sure to include your childs: Name, Date of Birth, Your name, Phone and allow 6 weeks but you should get an autographed card from Mickey and Pals.

We did this for my DD and she received it a few days before her birthday.

Mouse_Trap

If you have a font already downloaded, just drag an drop it onto the 'Fonts' icon within the 'Control Panel' (all Windows machines).
It will automatically install and become available to any program you have e.g. Word, Photoshop etc. You may need to close and reopen any program already open before its available.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom