What is your favorite WDW secret or little-known fact/experience?

disneyfan295

Original Poster
What is something that the average guest doesn't know about but is truly magical or helpful to you?
Mine would be that you can meet a plethora of Disney characters at the Art of Animation Building at HS from 4:50-5:10 (unless there is an early Fantasmic!). I don't mean the ones listed on the times guide (i.e. Sorcerer Mickey). The characters normally come in pairs: Mary Poppins and Mr. Penguin, Goofy and his son Max, Chip and Dale, Pocahantas and Meeko; there are also random ones like the Evil Queen from Snow White, a Disney Princess, or one of the Fab 5. I even asked a Cast Memeber about this once and she said it was a secret and that the characters only stayed out for a little bit because it gets crowded quickly.

MarkTwain

I love the upstairs to CHH. There's usually nobody up there, even over the busy times I've gone. I don't know why though, the stairs are right out in the open. Maybe people think that they aren't supposed to go up there?

Sorry but you've lost me with CHH. What's that? Sounds interesting. :)

Some of mine:

The side entrance through the rainforest into the Mexico building
The tiny 2-foot wide hallway on the inside of Norway's stave church

I'll post more if I think of them.

Walt Disney1955

I know most of us know this on these boards but the homages to Mr. Toad in WDW. The statue in the pet semetary and the "hidden Toad" passing the deed to the house off to Winnie in Winnie the Pooh's ride. I am going to assume most guests aren't aware of this. Both are still hard to spot even when you are looking for them.

I guess the hidden mickey's are pretty neat too. We all know about them here and I guess with the books out it isn't a secret anymore.

Killnme

I don't know how many of ya'll drive to WDW. But I love taking 429 off the Florida Turnpike. You miss all the Orlando(I-4) traffic. Plus going around a curve on the hill you can see the Contemporary Hotel, ECPOT's Space Ship Earth out in the distance. Then when you get off exit 8 the minute you make the curve you see the Big Disney sign. We sing a little sing that says "We are at Disney, We are at Disney" (that is all the words btw).

ctxak98

This is not that big of a secret and only good if you like the ride Dinosaur but heres two quick notes!
1. Ride towards the end of the park closing...Like maybe 10 minutes til the closing time. That way when you go around once you can ask when you get back to go again because its never busy! works every time and you get in two final rides without having to do the pre-show again
2. when you ride the ride, sit in the back row if you want to have the most thrilling journey. And in the back left side if you want to have a scariest dinosaur encounters!

billDozer

the balcony at PVH havent gotten to sit up there since they worked on it and not sure if its open anymore but our best hangout spot during the night

litaljohn

I took one of the tours they had for animal kingdom once, which many don't seem to take but that really seems worth it. seeing the enclosures and "night houses" for animals was really interesting. our group also had extremely lucky timing and we all got to pet a rhino which was an amazing experience. it was also fun to learn about how strong the elephants were and see the damage one did to their pen, bending a huge barricade to let herself out of the pen and back I to the safari one night.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom