Restaurants Requiring Prepayment and the Dining Plan: How Do They Coincide?

Weather_Lady

Original Poster
Just a quick question that I haven't been able to find the answer to elsewhere. Say you have the dining plan, and want to go to Hoop-Dee-Doo Musical Revue or CRT, which require prepayment in full. How does that work? Do you get a refund for the prepayment when you show up and have the dining plan?

Allygator

I have heard of people who booked online got charged and were refunded. I call to make my reservations. I actually made reservations for hoop dee doo this morning. My card was only used to hold reservations. If I am a no show then my card will be charged $10 per person. You have 24 hours to cancel at some restaurants.

moonwishes2013

When you are at the end of your dinner, they will ask if you would prefer to use a dining plan or another form of payment, if you do not, just tell them to leave it as it is.
That is what happened when we dined at CRT last month.
Yes, they do refund your credit card if you choose another form of payment.

HouCuseChickie

The website was supposed to recognize if you have DDP, but from my experiences, it doesn't always do that. :rolleyes: We usually pay OOP for the pay up front things, but a couple of years ago I was on DxDP (i.e. TONS of credits) and booked CRT online and there was no DDP recognition on the site's part when I did it. In order to get my refund, I had to call...it sounded like one CM cxld the ADR, while the other picked it up and booked it to reflect the DDP and just a CC on file.

bethymouse

If you're on the DDP, I didn't think you had to "prepay". I just thought they held your reservation and if you didn't show up or cancel, then they charged you.:confused:

moonwishes2013

If you're on the DDP, I didn't think you had to "prepay". I just thought they held your reservation and if you didn't show up or cancel, then they charged you.:confused:
No, They charge your credit card right away, at least for a Reservation at Cinderella's Table, I made 2 reservations for 2 different months, because at one point I thought I would have to reschedule our vacation, when I canceled one of them, they credited it to my account. The day of our Breakfast, they asked at the end of the meal, if I preferred another kind of payment, I told them no but if I had, they would have credited my account the previous charge. Oh, the tip is already added to your bill, but if your want to leave an additional tip at the table you can.
If you do not show up, they just credit back what portion that was not included as the no show fee, I think it is $10.00 per person, but I am not for sure what the actual amount it.
For 4 people, 3-adult & 1-child (who basically does not eat anything) is was around $200.00 that does include the tip & pics with Cinderella. I personally will never do it again unless I am on a free dining plan, the food was not that great for the price. I think it is just way overpriced.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom