Annual Passholder RFID begin processing 3/20

RonAnnArbor

Original Poster

pjammer

Any word on how it'll work for people staying at non-Disney hotels, I.e. swan and dolphin, that will be purchasing multi-day tickets?
Depends. If you buy the ticket at swan and dolphin then it should be RFID enabled. If you buy at the park it will be RFID enabled. If you already have them then they are not. But a quick stop by Guest Relations and they can convert them.

PhotoDave219

CarlFredricksen

Depends. If you buy the ticket at swan and dolphin then it should be RFID enabled. If you buy at the park it will be RFID enabled. If you already have them then they are not. But a quick stop by Guest Relations and they can convert them.

Ok thanks! We are going in Sept and staying at Swan - booked package with AAA so I wonder if they'll have RFID tix or if we'll need to go to guest relations upon arrival to upgrade

pjammer

If you upgrade do you get a plastic card compared to the flimsy paper tickets? I would love the pass to be more sturdy.
Depends on when you upgrade (I assume you mean AP). All APs won't be converted until 3/20. If you upgrade an AP or purchase an AP at a ticket booth/GR after 3/20 then it will be RFID enabled. The conversion station at Odessey is to keep there from being long lines at those locations.

Any regular ticket that is upgraded will be RFID enabled.

pjammer

Ok thanks! We are going in Sept and staying at Swan - booked package with AAA so I wonder if they'll have RFID tix or if we'll need to go to guest relations upon arrival to upgrade
If you are picking up the tickets at swan and dolphin then they should be RFID enabled by then if they are mailed then you might get the "old"/legacy ticket that is on some kind of plastic card stock or tyveck/"paper".

Gomer

Anyone know if these will be able to be linked to a room key as well? Stating at AKL in May and this is my first time with an AP. It would be inconvenient to have one card for the room and another for the park, but I'll live.

MattC

Nice. Going next week and look forward to replacing this flimsy paper AP.

But...I'm slightly embarrassed to ask. Where is the "Odyssey Center?"

openendedsky

If you upgrade do you get a plastic card compared to the flimsy paper tickets? I would love the pass to be more sturdy.
Me too. The old AP I used to have at Busch Gardens was plastic and loved it. But this was almost a decade ago and they have since switched.

Nice. Going next week and look forward to replacing this flimsy paper AP.

But...I'm slightly embarrassed to ask. Where is the "Odyssey Center?"
C5tPMR9.jpg

Hey, at least they're using the Odyssey for something now.

haiku

Please don't just go to Guest Relations... Any ticket window will beable to convert and sell RFID tickets.

doctornick

Anyone know if these will be able to be linked to a room key as well? Stating at AKL in May and this is my first time with an AP. It would be inconvenient to have one card for the room and another for the park, but I'll live.

My question as well. I'm in the same boat for when I go in the fall (admittedly, a long time away and it will probably be clear by then).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom