In-Park Birthday Planning: Help!

juniorthomas

Taking my soon-to-be 4-year-old DD on her first trip to The World this August. I've already talked to Disney Dining, and they are aware it's her birthday. Wanted to tap in to this great resource to help me figure out what I'm missing: is there anything else I should absolutely try to plan for? What are some of the best kept birthday secrets that I need to know?

bethymouse

Wear the free birthday pins your entire stay!
The Disney florists have special order gifts for your room, but this can get pricey!
Sometimes the CMs will bring "free" cakes or sing Happy Birthday, or bring a candle to blow out. This happens at specialty dinner shows such as HoopDeeDoo or Spirit of Aloha. You can also purchase a birthday cake of course, but again a bit pricey! Characters make a big deal out of birthdays usually such as at Chef Mickeys or 1900 Park Fare. Enjoy the precious time w/ your little ones. Also- don't forget about the Pirates League to dress him up. Check out allears.net for special occasion ideas!:D Oops- Bibbidibobbidiboutique and Cinderella's Royal Table are wonderful ideas as well.

Upvote 0

olinecoach61

If she is into princesses you could do the Bibbity bobbity boutique. I also agree with the idea of a character meal with her favorite Disney characters.

Upvote 0

Jessica Meier

We did a podium cake our last trip and it was served frozen. So I would stay away from those. We are doing the pirates cruise to watch the fireworks the night of my daughter's bday. I plan on working with the bakers at the Contemporary and getting a better cake for an in room celebration that night. Going to take balloons and decorations and do up the room!

Upvote 0

HouCuseChickie

For more help ordering a cake...you might want to refer to this site...
http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

The Contemporary, the GF, and the BW bakeries produce the bulk of the fancy cakes. We've done 2 so far + I've helped friends with theirs. Assuming I can pull off a mini trip in Sept...I might do not 1, but TWO cakes (for 2 bdays)! Even have one of my sketches ready to go.

Beyond that- I've done personalized ears, shirts, outfits, etc. for my kids' WDW bday celebrations.

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Wear the free birthday pins your entire stay!
The Disney florists have special order gifts for your room, but this can get pricey!
Sometimes the CMs will bring "free" cakes or sing Happy Birthday, or bring a candle to blow out. This happens at specialty dinner shows such as HoopDeeDoo or Spirit of Aloha. You can also purchase a birthday cake of course, but again a bit pricey! Characters make a big deal out of birthdays usually such as at Chef Mickeys or 1900 Park Fare. Enjoy the precious time w/ your little ones. Also- don't forget about the Pirates League to dress him up. Check out allears.net for special occasion ideas!:D Oops- Bibbidibobbidiboutique and Cinderella's Royal Table are wonderful ideas as well.

Will the pins be waiting in my room when I check in, or do I have to retrieve them from somewhere? Thanks for the advice!

Upvote 0

GeoDonJac34

Get a few pins while you are there, some of the CMs will decorate them better than others. Also if you are flying tell the stewardess of the birthday. A few years back we went with friends, and their granddaughter was turning four. They announced it to the whole plane, and turned on all the lights. They did a pretend birthday cake and when she blew out the "candles" they turned all the lights off. It was something we will all remember.

Upvote 0

popcenturylover

We celebrated my DD 4th b-day at WDW this past September! She wore her pin everyday! The CM's all over the park addressed her & said "Happy Birthday" when they saw her. We went to a Princess breakfast at Akershus & our server brought out a cupcake(we didn't ask for it!) w/a candle on it & we sang "Happy Birthday" to her. It was a special week & I hope that she remembers it!

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Original Poster
For more help ordering a cake...you might want to refer to this site...
http://disneytravelbabble.com/how-to/order-cake/

The Contemporary, the GF, and the BW bakeries produce the bulk of the fancy cakes. We've done 2 so far + I've helped friends with theirs. Assuming I can pull off a mini trip in Sept...I might do not 1, but TWO cakes (for 2 bdays)! Even have one of my sketches ready to go.

Beyond that- I've done personalized ears, shirts, outfits, etc. for my kids' WDW bday celebrations.

Ooooh - thank you for this!

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Original Poster
Get a few pins while you are there, some of the CMs will decorate them better than others. Also if you are flying tell the stewardess of the birthday. A few years back we went with friends, and their granddaughter was turning four. They announced it to the whole plane, and turned on all the lights. They did a pretend birthday cake and when she blew out the "candles" they turned all the lights off. It was something we will all remember.

AMAZING idea. Thanks!

Upvote 0

juniorthomas

Original Poster
We celebrated my DD 4th b-day at WDW this past September! She wore her pin everyday! The CM's all over the park addressed her & said "Happy Birthday" when they saw her. We went to a Princess breakfast at Akershus & our server brought out a cupcake(we didn't ask for it!) w/a candle on it & we sang "Happy Birthday" to her. It was a special week & I hope that she remembers it!

We do have a visit to Akershus planned - the bar has officially been set. Here's hoping they're as generous! Thanks for the post!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom